Contact us

יִשְרָאֵל - Israel 2010 - Harel Ska'at - Milim

how do you rate the entry?

• Total voters

Israeliboy

Re: ????????? - Israel 2010 - Harel Ska'at - Milim

He knows me, don't worry...I met him 4 times!

apelles

In Oslo, I met several fans from Israel and they all told me Harel was a really kind person, not conceited at all. That's why I tend to think you might be right about the comment.

BTW, the problems with the visual expressions I wrote about were much more of a problem IMO in the semis than in the finals.

Kivi

Hello!

I am new, I did not read back the 42 sides. But i saw it a video and it is taken in a wheelchair onto the stage, somebody knows some info about this?

Israeliboy

Welcome Kivi :D HAREL SKA'AT IS THE BEST!!!

apelles

Hey Kivi. If I understand your post correctly, I think the video you are referring to was of a musical play which Skaat appeared in, maybe when he was in college, maybe after Kokhav Nolad. I'm not exactly sure. If you like theatrical pieces, there are a couple of clips on youtube of Skaat during his college days--"Empty Chairs", "The Last Night of the World", and he also did some performances for Festigal post KN, such as "Lauf" and a Queen medley. I've also seen him doing something dressed up as a hippie and one where he is singing a song with a group of soldiers--I'm not sure when he did those.

Kivi

apelles said:
Hey Kivi. If I understand your post correctly, I think the video you are referring to was of a musical play which Skaat appeared in, maybe when he was in college, maybe after Kokhav Nolad. I'm not exactly sure. If you like theatrical pieces, there are a couple of clips on youtube of Skaat during his college days--"Empty Chairs", "The Last Night of the World", and he also did some performances for Festigal post KN, such as "Lauf" and a Queen medley. I've also seen him doing something dressed up as a hippie and one where he is singing a song with a group of soldiers--I'm not sure when he did those.

[youtube:1qll4e96]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8HhlkBXyBB4&hl=hu_HU&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8HhlkBXyBB4&hl=hu_HU&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube:1qll4e96]

I talked about this video. I'm glad if it was because of only a play. And thank you for the answer. xthank

I like Harel, I saw first on the Eurovision, and her sings very nicely. ;)

Israeliboy

^
It is from the show "The one that dreamt"!!!! And yes, he has powerful voice. The song is "Shir Ha'reut". In Hebrew letters ??? ?????

Kivi

Israeliboy said:
^
It is from the show "The one that dreamt"!!!! And yes, he has powerful voice. The song is "Shir Ha'reut". In Hebrew letters ??? ?????

I didn't know, but now I know. Was authentic acting from him. :)

apelles

Juires votes are out! This news is from Belgium and I've interpreted it as best I could:

It turns out Germany won the juries vote too!

"Me & My Guitar" would be fourteenth stranded with only 76 points from the televoters, while the jury's gave him the silver medal and 185 points (just two points less than the German Lena!) Who could have imagined.

Israel also would have made a world of difference. Harel Skaat was fifth in the jury's in place. For France and Serbia, however, it is good that the jury's were corrected by the televoters. Otherwise they would in the lower echelons of the standings ended.

evilperson

No surprise that Israel did terribly with the televote. He wouldn't have even qualified to the final if they hadn't implemented jury votes in the semifinals this year.

apelles

Well we knew that Israel didn't do well with the televoters for the reason you stated earlier--it didn't connect with them. My theory is that viewers tend to vote with their emotions, while the juries are less likely to do so (they also presumably have more knowledge than the average call-in voter). Without the juries, Israel wouldn't have made it to the finals and think about the controversy that would have caused.

I am glad that the juries agreed with me that Israel should have been rated much higher though (14 is way too low). I had it at 3 or 4 (and I also had Georgia and Romania ahead of them). IMO Ireland should have been much higher (I read on another forums where she had a very bad sore throat and couldn't ever rehearse--does anyone know anything about that?). I originally thought Ireland should have won, but Vedenneito pointed out some problems with it, and I haven't been able to watch Cavanaugh's performance because it's not posted on youtube.

I think the juries fell for the undeniable charm of the Belgium entry just a little too much. What I don't understand is if the juries went for Germany, how come they didn't go for France?

Israeliboy

;) Probably cause televotes like mostly cheap songs in ENGLISH (Not all are cheap, but most)! And it's OK, I can understand them . . . I don't see this contest go somewhere, however, it's gonna be MTV MUSIC AWARDS in some years, and I'm totally sure about it!

apelles

Harel Skaat has signed with an American agent and will put out a CD completely in English. According to Oikotimes, he is scheduled to give a concert in NY in September.
The best of luck to him.

Israeliboy

Some news about Harel!

1 - the manager who represented Beyonce, Withney houston and Mariah Carey has signed an agreement with Harel Ska'at. He will be the manager of Harel Ska'at in USA :)

2 - Harel has a concert today :)

3 - The French singer, Alizee, sang a duet with Harel Ska'at in Israel. Watch it:

[youtube:1flir6jf]5x91pgZKhqk[/youtube:1flir6jf]

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

1 - the manager who represented Beyonce, Withney houston and Mariah Carey has signed an agreement with Harel Ska'at. He will be the manager of Harel Ska'at in USA

I'm intrigued. It's a tough marked to break through so I wish him the best of luck

Israeliboy

Yes, I wish him the best of luck. he deserve all of this success :)

MyHeartIsYours

I wish Harel the best of luck too... he is a brilliant man. :)

Israeliboy

I wish Harel the best of luck too... he is a brilliant man. :)

Yes, he is :)

Harel Ska'at and Shiri Maimon (Israel 2005 ESC)
787253-5.jpg

Top Bottom