Contact us

Қазақстан - Kazakhstan

A-lister

Veteran
I've got no problem with Kazakhstan entering at all. I want ALL European countries to take part in Eurovision, and since Kazakhstan is geographically partly Europe, also culturally, I see no problem with it.

Yes, obviously the so called "ex-USSR block" will be a little stronger and countries like Russia would benefit from it, but that's just how it is, I still welcome them though.

I think we would get some pretty cool entries from them aswell! Hope EBU will allow them finally so we could see them in 2012 or 2013 already :)

AlekS

Veteran
I think that their juries will vote for any European country because they want to enter EU one day, their modern culture borrowed a lot from Russia and Europe.
As for votes, they will vote for Russia, Azerbaijan, Ukraine (also our performers are popular there)... maybe Turkey/Armenia/Georgia. The rest 4-6 spots can be taken by any European country xshrug The jury will be more loyal to Western Europe, imo.

Scooby

I have nothing against Kazakhstan on ESC

AlekS

Veteran
Kazakh "Idol" show Eki Zhulduz will be dedicated to Eurovision this Saturday.

Songs: almost all ESC winners starting from Ruslana and just ESC entries.

The channel had negotiations with Ani Lorak (she can be a juror) and Alexander Rybak (as invited performer).

ps. Ulytau have just confirmed that they would like to participate in Eurovison (very much) one day.

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
^
Nice to see their ESC dedication and Ulyatu would be amazing in ESC!

Unfortunately not this year it seems :( Maybe 2013?

I actually thought Kazakhstan would end up debut in Azerbaijan (since the connection between the two), but seeing there's no EBU deal yet it seems highly unlikely.

CPV4931

Nice, that the Kazakhian TW shows some interest in ESC :-)
Maybe, they will participate there one time - who knows?

Sabiondo

Kazakh "Idol" show Eki Zhulduz will be dedicated to Eurovision this Saturday.

Songs: almost all ESC winners starting from Ruslana and just ESC entries.

The channel had negotiations with Ani Lorak (she can be a juror) and Alexander Rybak (as invited performer).

ps. Ulytau have just confirmed that they would like to participate in Eurovison (very much) one day.

Can you post some links then if available? :D Ulytau are awesome for ESC....¡¡¡¡¡

Jim

Since Azerbaijan and some other countries that are not fully European or they are not at all European (geographically), I think that EBU should accept Kazakhstan in order to participate at the Eurovision song contest!

ShoeFlo

Certainly Kazakhstan would enhance the contest in terms of Music, but I think there are already enough countries who give lots of points to Russia, Ukraine or Azerbaijan....
I prefer Faroer Islands and Greenland for ESC, although it would be hard for them to find proper contenders

GRE

ok then,
but i dont wanna hear you saying anything about political voting,ok?

A-lister

Veteran
Certainly Kazakhstan would enhance the contest in terms of Music, but I think there are already enough countries who give lots of points to Russia, Ukraine or Azerbaijan....
I prefer Faroer Islands and Greenland for ESC, although it would be hard for them to find proper contenders

So you think countries should only be accepted in terms of who they vote for??? xshrug

Faroe Islands and Greenland are no independent states...

A-lister

Veteran
Since Azerbaijan and some other countries that are not fully European or they are not at all European (geographically), I think that EBU should accept Kazakhstan in order to participate at the Eurovision song contest!

Well, I stick to my original opinion (regardless of what current EBU rules state about ESC participation... rules that I personally don't agree with).

I think that any independent and recognized state that fully or partly lies within the geographical area making up the European continent should be allowed to enter + the few non- geographical countries that have already entered the contest up until now and have been active participants. Since Kazakhstan partly is located within the geographical European continent, it would be hypocrisy not to let them in when we have other borderline cases such as Turkey, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Armenia and Israel already in.

The argument that Kazakhstan should not be let in because they are a former USSR state that, because of the close ties to Russia (politically, culturally, linguistically, historically) and other ex- USSR participants aswell, therefor hypothetically would give extra points to Russia and the others, is imo not a valid argument really. While there are chances that they would end up giving high scores to countries like Russia and Ukraine, it would be highly unfair to dismiss a country just because some of us want the "right" countries to get points...

DanielLuis

Well, I stick to my original opinion (regardless of what current EBU rules state about ESC participation... rules that I personally don't agree with).

I think that any independent and recognized state that fully or partly lies within the geographical area making up the European continent should be allowed to enter + the few non- geographical countries that have already entered the contest up until now and have been active participants. Since Kazakhstan partly is located within the geographical European continent, it would be hypocrisy not to let them in when we have other borderline cases such as Turkey, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Armenia and Israel already in.

The argument that Kazakhstan should not be let in because they are a former USSR state that, because of the close ties to Russia (politically, culturally, linguistically, historically) and other ex- USSR participants aswell, therefor hypothetically would give extra points to Russia and the others, is imo not a valid argument really. While there are chances that they would end up giving high scores to countries like Russia and Ukraine, it would be highly unfair to dismiss a country just because some of us want the "right" countries to get points...

Even though that's my biggest fear about Kazhakstan's participation, it's obviously hypocritical to say that they shouldn't enter because of an hypothetical situation like that.

Top Bottom