Contact us

Қазақстан - Kazakhstan

TF100

kz.gif

AlekS

Veteran
Re: ????????? - Kazakhstan

According to the music producer of Khabar Kazakhstan will NOT join EBU in a year or 2 (financial reason) meaning that we won't see them on ESC in 3-4 years.

94ayd

At least they have that possibility from what I understand. ;) There was some controversy, I think, around Kazakhstan and Qatar. You know, due to area of broadcating or something. :lol:

AlekS

Veteran

94ayd said:
At least they have that possibility from what I understand. ;) There was some controversy, I think, around Kazakhstan and Qatar. You know, due to area of broadcating or something. :lol:
Kazakhstan has theoretical chances but they depend of politics. The current president stopped paying attention to European partnership, imo, so we have to wait at least 3-4 years, in the best case. Most def it will be longer.

I would LOVE to see Kazakhstan because if Russia could enter then Kazakhstan should do it too without any single doubt... depends of money.
btw, EBU can accept them as an exception. In any case Kazakhstan was interested indeed and they discussed financial questions etc. It's only up to them.

AlekS

Veteran

According to EBU:
Active membership of the EBU is open to broadcasting organizations or groups of such organizations from:

a member country of the International Telecommunication Union (ITU) situated in the European Broadcasting Area as defined by the Radio Regulations annexed to the International Telecommunication Convention, or a member country of the Council of Europe which is situated outside the European Broadcasting Area.

In order to become a member of the Council of Europe they have to satisfy all demands ie. they have to be interested in European partnership and changes inside of the country ie. ... this won't happen in the near future. It requires money and political will. Of course Khabar can't just enter EBU without agreements with local politics and businessmen etc, it's very complicated and they need time *sigh*
if they wanna solve this problem financially without entering political organizations ;) :twisted: they need a lot of money and again they should get a blessing from local politics.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

Apparently the European Broadcasting Union has, once again, rejected the Central Asian countries’ request for participation in the Eurovision Song Contest. As Kazakhstan is not part of the broadcasting area of the EBU, but rather of the Asian Broadcasting Union the former soviet country is not eligible to enter, Svante Stockselius explained. The president of Kazakhstan had already announced a big concert to celebrate Kazakhstan’s participation, that now will go to pot. There are apparently no plans to participate in the new Asia-Pacific Song Contest, that Kazakhstan is certainly allowed to participate in. What do you think? Should Kazakhstan be able to participate in the Eurovision Song Contest?

http://eurovisiontimes.wordpress.com/20 ... g-contest/

AlekS

Veteran

^ I think this news is fake.

According to their broadcaster officials they don't plan to enter EBU in the near future (see my report from Feb 9 ;) ).

The president of Kazakhstan announced their own festival. He's not a fond of European integration currently. And this new festival is for Russia, Kazakhstan, and few other countries.

And again eurovisiontimes spreads untrue info about Eastern countries. Shame on them :evil:
I'm gonna ignore this "source" from now :roll: :roll:

goktengri

Banned

Hope they will join.It would be awesome with a new Turkic country... :)

Last edited:

AlekS

Veteran
Rumors. Apparently Kazakhstan applied for EBU membership :shock:

Not rumors. EBU broadcasted OSCE summit from Astana live 2 days ago. I think it's a proof that Kazakhstan can broadcast live via EBU.
Imo, it will be a plus for their application.

A-lister

Veteran
If Lichtenstein enters and Kazakhstan, then the circle is closed and every country that atleast has some geographical part in Europe have taken part atleast once! :D

I'm all for Kazakhstan entering!

Last edited:

MyHeartIsYours

Id support them entering too, imo any country that is geographically or culturally part of Europe should be allowed to join :D. But after Kazakhstan, I wouldnt want any further expansion eastwards to the likes of the other 'stan's.

A-lister

Veteran
Id support them entering too, imo any country that is geographically or culturally part of Europe should be allowed to join :D. But after Kazakhstan, I wouldnt want any further expansion eastwards to the likes of the other 'stan's.

Exactly my point aswell. Kazakhstan is geographically (and more or less culturally aswell) Europan to some extent.

But agree, I'm also opposed to any further NON-European (geographical) expansion. Eurovision should be about Europe, atleast that's how i view and I find it the most logical way to be.

YES, I know the rules, but doesn't have to mean I agree with them though and alot of people view it the same way.

MyHeartIsYours

Most definitely it is the most logical way, to keep the contest inside Europe. The contest begun as a way to unite war-torn Europe and I may sound slightly conservative here but I think that is what it should stay as. Uniting Europe, not uniting Arabia, Africa, Asia and any randomer who wishes to join.
If people want these countries then there should be a new contest - Worldvision - for this. Lets not ruin good old Eurovision!!

A-lister

Veteran
^

100% agree.

And just the name alone says it all; EUROvision.

AlekS

Veteran
^ We like our music so sue us for that! :p
YES to Kazakhstan then :D

ps. I'll pretend that I didn't see that "satellite-country" remark.

Top Bottom