Contact us

EUROVISION 2023 - FINAL REHEARSALS AND LIVE SHOW DISCUSSION

aef

LATVIA WAS 3 POINTS AWAY FROM QUALIFIYING INSTEAD OF THAT LOBSTER GAMER TWINK I AM GOING TO LOSE MY MIND
Such a big shame. But this contest is feeling shitty anyway in every aspect of the outcome right now so I’m mad anyway.

Etanna

Ireland was actually just two spots away from qualifying (although only with ten points but still)? that's suprising given the disaster of a performance

AlekS

Veteran
Lots of xbow to the BBC for agreeing to host on our behalf and giving us space to be properly represented. I'm pleased with production of the show (both, Ukrainian and British and ALL the countries working on the show from lighting to stage design). I liked the interval acts, postcards and the hosts (especially Hannah and Julia). I must admit I thought we won't match at first, but in the end it was a perfect collaboration.

Loindici

Veteran
It sounds to me like the issue here is just with you not accepting jury votes as a valid score.

The initial idea of a jury was good but apparently there are still lots of flaws in practice. The criteria of the juries, how it is chosen, how do they work etc., a lot of it still involve a lot of Eurovision participants or people relating to the ESC, radio DJs. The criteria of the judging is also considerably vague as it is still too broad to translate such a subjective thing into an objective assessment.

People aren't that happy with Sweden since they are (one of) the biggest songwriting and producing exports in the world, but also having quite a grasp in changing Eurovision in ways people often didn't find welcoming.

Ajeje Brazorf

Why as a package? Staging?

(I respect your difference of opinion, of course, but I'm genuinely curious about why you say that.)

Yes. I found the staging used for Tattoo more convincing than the staging for Hold me Closer. And of course I find Loreen's performance of Tattoo better than Cornelia's performance of Hold me Closer. But, as I said, songwise I preferred Hold me Closer.

midnightsun

Veteran
Loreen was 2nd in the public but closer to Norway than to Finland. Much closer. With just a few calls for Norway Loreen would have easily been 3rd in the public but never 1st. This margin must not be ignored. People wanted Finland by far more than her and even almost Norway more than her.

(And no, I didn’t necessarily wanted Finland to win - the song isn’t even in my top 15 but his staging and performance was subjectively so much better! In my opinion. That‘s why I would have been ok with him as a winner, though I would have preferred Italy the most of the top 5.)

NeoTen

First Semi-final - Televoters

152nd half Finland Finland KäärijäCha Cha Cha167
112nd half Sweden Sweden LoreenTattoo128
92nd half Israel Israel Noa KirelUnicorn115
132nd half Czechia Czechia VesnaMy Sister's Crown105
102nd half Moldova Moldova Pasha ParfeniSoarele şi Luna105
11st half Norway Norway AlessandraQueen of Kings102
82nd half Switzerland Switzerland Remo ForrerWatergun97
71st half Croatia Croatia Let 3Mama ŠČ!73
51st half Portugal Portugal MimicatAi Coração68
31st half Serbia Serbia Luke BlackSamo Mi Se Spava35
41st half Latvia Latvia Sudden LightsAijā26
61st half Ireland Ireland Wild YouthWe Are One10
142nd half Netherlands Netherlands Mia Nicolai & Dion CooperBurning Daylight7
122nd half Azerbaijan Azerbaijan TuralTuranXTell Me More4
21st half Malta Malta The BuskerDance (Our Own Party)3

heke1988

The fact Latvia was that close has genuinely crushed me, Aija was beautiful and Samo mi se spava was cringe and went through on Serbian diaspora
Well most thanks to Croatia, who gave Serbia 10 points at semifinal 1.

Top Bottom