Contact us

Turkey TURKEY 2018 - Not taking part

John1

Re: TURKEY 2018

Lol [MENTION=11667]Archer[/MENTION] Sertab liked everyone that said she announced Turkey's ckmeback.

Thus, we cannot trust her at this moment. :p

DenizESC

Banned

I trust her, she's not that stupid to blow this, like all posts about a comeback. Get people's hopes up just to disappoint us. I dont believe she would do that. She s really serious about this lol

John1

I trust her, she's not that stupid to blow this, like all posts about a comeback. Get people's hopes up just to disappoint us. I dont believe she would do that. She s really serious about this lol

I can't await the day, when TRT will release a statement, in which they admit that they won't come back at ESC this year. xrofl

John1

I'm sorry, but I can't manage to trust them, as this kind of thing already happened back in the day.

DenizESC

Banned

Of course its not sure and we cant take her word for granted, but for me Sertab is much different them some random pro gov guy who used to work at TRT.

ESCKerli

A lot of turks (on other eurovision sites) have stated that the chances of Turkey being back next year is 99%. I take this with a grain of salt though. But TRT and Turkey definitely want to make Turkey's image better. The broadcaster of TRT has also changed and wants Turkey to participate in Eurovision. I'm still quite skeptic to the idea of them partcipating considering their current political situation and I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but I'm not sure if Turkey should really host 2019 if they were to win next year. Istanbul 2019 does not look like a good idea... (even though I want it to happen).

hijirio

Veteran

It sounds too unreasonable to think that TRT will actually come back.
None of the rules that they were complaining about has been changed.
Plus, we all know that those were only excuses,
they actually withdrew because they're disturbed by women wearing short & "indecent" dresses (remember Hadise's censored videoclip, and all male participants in 2010, 2011, 2012), and also the appearance of gay people makes it impossible.
I prefer Turkey staying out rather than participating and putting ban on countless things they disagree with.
Come on, TRT is making more religious programmes than any other TV channel today, it's not the old TRT we know.

DenizESC

Banned

but I'm not sure if Turkey should really host 2019 if they were to win next year. Istanbul 2019 does not look like a good idea... (even though I want it to happen).

Make that Izmir 2019 and there should be no problems at all whether its about womens dressing style or safety of gay people :D Dont know why you think Istanbul 2019 would be such a horrible idea though...

[MENTION=11002]EscTurkey[/MENTION] yes TRT today is sadly the most religious and pro gov Turkish TV Channel. Personally I dont think they would 'ban' anything. Probably just be careful with the artist they pick. Gay people and naked women are not new to Eurovision or Turkey for that matter and yes Im aware TRT doesnt like either of them but I dont think they would ban stuff. Yes Im trying to be optimistic but (if rumours are true) seems they want to try something new and I think its only fair to see what they would do before making assumptions. But yea I would prefer we participate with another broadcaster like Fox TV but it is what it is.

ScarlettGirl

A lot of turks (on other eurovision sites) have stated that the chances of Turkey being back next year is 99%. I take this with a grain of salt though. But TRT and Turkey definitely want to make Turkey's image better. The broadcaster of TRT has also changed and wants Turkey to participate in Eurovision. I'm still quite skeptic to the idea of them partcipating considering their current political situation and I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but I'm not sure if Turkey should really host 2019 if they were to win next year. Istanbul 2019 does not look like a good idea... (even though I want it to happen).

Really? I´ve heard the opposite, but I hope what you are saying is right. But I won´t believe anything until I see it.
I agree with you on the hosting though. Not because I hate Turkey or anything, I really don´t but it´s about the current political situation (which is the same reason on why I didn´ want Ukraine to host this year).

Ezio

Veteran

Eurovision was outrageous, bizarre and unfair, when Turkey was the main player, so I am not very keen on their return. Their diaspora is the strongest across Europe and they are the reason juries were re-introduced. With Turkey back in the game, we have to let the juries stay or Eurovision would return to becoming as obsolete as it was 10 years ago. I fear TRT and the president are trying to promote their agenda and subvert the platform of tolerance that Eurovision is, especially for LGBT.
Sorry, not sorry.

DenizESC

Banned

Eurovision was outrageous, bizarre and unfair, when Turkey was the main player, so I am not very keen on their return. Their diaspora is the strongest across Europe and they are the reason juries were re-introduced. I fear TRT and the president are trying to promote their agenda and subvert the platform of tolerance that Eurovision is, especially for LGBT.
Sorry, not sorry.

Omg lol your typical Western-European hypocrite has spoken. You sound so salty, calm down nothing is official yet. Eurovision was so bizarre and unfair 10 years ago? Well Turkey has been taking part since 1975 and for many people here it was outrageous, unfair and bizarre back then. Many Eurofans know how Turkey basically got ignored by all countries. My grandma told me they were celebrating every point like a victory lol Semiha first Turkish participant ever said she felt truly discriminated and Eurovision basically ruined her life and her carreer! But ofcourse you dont care about all that as long as the countries you like make it to the finale :rolleyes:
Diaspora votes is a big problem, however thats why we introduced juries (who are not much better) so whats your point. You can make unproven claims like juries came back because of Turkey and Turkey has the largest diaspora but it doesnt make it true when you say it like its a fact. Largest diaspora is clearly the Russian one. But you don't see Russia win each year either.
Yes I too would prefer us not participate at all if its just a way for Erdogan to promote his agenda but tbh these few years I have noticed that this is pretty much what everyone is doing at ESC. Diaspora votes will always exist but I can truly see the televoters have matured. We don't know anything about Turkish diaspora atm, of course it will always be very strong but also will almost be 6 years and Turkey did DQ with horrible song in 2011 with new rules. Justice is no justice when its only applied to one group of people like back in the 70' 80' 90s or 00s too. Now its better still very flawed though especially the juries lately

Realest

2002 we gave 0 to :tr: but 12 to :lv:
So the Turkians dont vote for every Garbage.
But our 12 Points to Sibel were embarassing.
Surprisingly the best turkish Entry got only 10 from us.
Im excited how it will affect our Televote.
But as this year was proven even Armenian Diaspora could be beaten so i think this will also happen to Turkey if its Justified.

Realest

I think this might be a Part of the Turkish Juryvoting:

Juror A/B/C/D/E/
Azerbaijan 1/1/1/1/1
Armenia 25/25/25/25/25

hijirio

Veteran

I think this might be a Part of the Turkish Juryvoting:

Juror A/B/C/D/E/
Azerbaijan 1/1/1/1/1
Armenia 25/25/25/25/25

Don't you wonder which one Armenian juries will place higher, Azerbaijan or Turkey? :D :D

Realest

Don't you wonder which one Armenian juries will place higher, Azerbaijan or Turkey? :D :D

Probably Azerbaijan synchron on 25 and Turkey synchron on 24 :D

Ewigkeit

Veteran

So rumors say it's gonna be Fatma Turgut (lead singer of former rock band Model). She even started following two Turkish Eurovision fan accounts and Eurovision's official account on Twitter.

jimijoop

Banned

So rumors say it's gonna be Fatma Turgut (lead singer of former rock band Model). She even started following two Turkish Eurovision fan accounts and Eurovision's official account on Twitter.

Yes please xheart

I love her since when she was in Model and her first song is amazing xheart

I hope her entry will be something like this:

DenizESC

Banned

Omg huge congrats to TRT if this is true. And yes Fatma is now also liking people who say she will represent Turkey. She is a very unique artist imo and one of my all time faves especially when she is in her group 'Model'. If she works with the right people she surely could bring something incredible on table.

Archer

I've not been around for years since Turkey ceased to participate and to be honest have not caught up with Eurovision since that. While it's not the sole reason why I've stopped watching Eurovision; I can say it was just a catalyst amongst other things that had already estranged me from Eurovision to some degree, especially after the end of 2000s. It had felt like countries started following a similar pattern of entries to address to the general audience rather than bringing different styles. Now that I'm a grown up; I miss the days when I enjoyed the contest, especially in the years of 2007, 2008 and 2009. I will never forget these years and the entries!

Anyways; if Turkey returns, this might be another catalyst to start watching the contest again, even if the entry pattern is as where I left off. I just feel nostalgic. But again; things are never the same.

Top Bottom