12 3.8%

7 2.2%

12 3.8%

5 1.6%

2 0.6%

10 3.2%

• Total voters

NemesisNick

I mean the strongest in variety, the first semi was stuffed with ballads and dubstep entries (mid-tempo ballad, classic soulful ballad, dubstep, ethnic ballad, mid-tempo ethnic influenced song, slow power ballad, strong mid-tempo beat ballad, depressing ballad, dubstep+rap, rock ballad, oriental inspired pop dance, power ballad, dance with dubstep elements, dance with drum elements, another ballad, pop).
This one offered: bubble pop, ethnic drum dance, ethnic electronic ballad, ska with rebetiko, ethnic lullaby balld, pop-rock, ethnic rock, 2 power ballads, rap, dance opera, pop-soul, indie, half-schlager ballad etc., i can go on for hours)
Too much was on a table and it all looked yummy in it's own way.

By "ethnic lullaby balld" in semi-final 2, do you mean Iceland?

I'd like to see a full list of countries in each semi final with the music styles you've mentioned alongside the country names, so all of us can see exactly what you mean Odalis.

euronut

Banned
It seems so strange to think of this years final without Valentina. I wasn't even her biggest fan, but she has left a gap. She should be in the final.

CypriotGirl

Veteran
well i guess Thursday was the day Greece and Romania officially joined Russia in the category "we can send the worst POS and still qualify easily"

Excuse me, but whoever sent these 2 songs would've qualified easily, whether you like it or not. Yes, I hate the Romanian song, but it was impossible to forget it, I'd be surprised if it missed out. And please don't mention again Greece, if you don't like ska music just get over it, the song is in this style and it has nothing to do with trash or anything. Just learn that there are other genres other than mainstream pop.

ESCfan

I try so hard to avoid this thread...I am so sad from Thursday,I wish Valentina would be on final :(

I'll miss her tonight xcry

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
join all comments, but we all know what we follow and watch every year
I did not have the courage to even think that Valentina could not get through to the final. :( But this is San Marino - a country with 30,000 residents. If even Serbia with massive exYu support failed, that we should have expect?

evija87

I'll play Crisalide before the final so Valentina can be in my own little final.
Contigo hasta el final Valentina... xrose

vavera4ka

Excuse me, but whoever sent these 2 songs would've qualified easily, whether you like it or not. Yes, I hate the Romanian song, but it was impossible to forget it, I'd be surprised if it missed out. And please don't mention again Greece, if you don't like ska music just get over it, the song is in this style and it has nothing to do with trash or anything. Just learn that there are other genres other than mainstream pop.

OMG are you really telling me that if San Marino sent Cezar thry would have qualified?
or if Belarus sent Alcohol is free they would have? without many neighbors, let's say if they were n 2nd semi. never, ever EVER would they have qualified
and please don't tell me what to like, not like and what to talk about. just because there are other genres doesn't mean i have to like them. There is a genre in Russian music that has been born in the jail. it's TRASH it's awful and it's disgrace to the name they decided to take - chanson...
people crap about the songs i like, and i let it go because its' a matter of taste and opinion. Everyone has one and if mine is different from yours, it doesn't mean that you are right, or that i'm right, for that matter.
those two songs were CRAP = C. R. A. P. and there is nothing you can say that will make me agree that this deserved a pass to the finals over San Marino, or Switzerland, or couple more countries left out. They went through only because of WHO sent them. only about 5 countries in Eurovision can afford that kind of thing... so those songs would NOT have qualified, had they been done by 20-some other countries.

toinou03

Dear KingValentino from San Marino,

In the name of France, we will be eternally recognizing for you having given us 8 points !

Love you :sm:

Mozz

:sm: was 11th in semi 2 xcry

edit: I've now seen that the distance with the no.10 was too big to bridge.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Lets give a massive, MASSIVE finger to our dear friends at SVT for quite possibly wrecking Valentina's chances of reaching the final. With a later draw, who knows, we may have seen Valentina in the final. I'm literally fuming with the contest this year but so, so happy for Valentina. She can be so proud. 11th place, 47 points, no diaspora.. just a beautiful song, sung from the heart.

hijirio

Veteran
How can SVT still sleep comfortably in their bed after murdering this masterpiece?
No, I will never forget this crime against music.
I will NOT!

Terence

Valentina, I still love you, more than ever xheart You'll be in my heart

dezbee2008

11th place and 16 points shy of qualifying. Still San Marino's best result yet.

We're proud of you, Valentina.

evija87

JESUS, I kinda hate it even more :lol: On the other hand it must be some small comfort for Valentina... she was actually near the final...

Close.

San Marino should take deep care of their next entry and send something great again so the next person can benefit a little from Valentina and people will have in mind San Marino is sending great stuff. Now there is some hope...

Top Bottom