7 2.2%

12 3.8%

5 1.6%

2 0.6%

10 3.2%

• Total voters

Yamarus

We will, as we do every year in a month or two after the contest :confused:

Yes you're right, I missunderstood some information I got. ;)

Mozz

To be honest, I'm not sure if it would be wise if Valentina returns for a third consecutive year.

Suppose San Marino will fail to qualify again next year. I would be another blow to her and the people of San Marino.

And I wouldn't want her to go through the entire silly Eurovision circus again, especially with the results of the past 2 years in her bagage.

Paddy

Seriously: Does it make any sense to participate again? I mean it would be very difficult for them to send even a better song than this year and even with that song which was very popular among esc fans they didn't qualify. I think it's really impossible for them to qualify.

jbusic

Regardless of whether or not Valentina chooses to come back, I will still be supporting her and her music. Hopefully she comes out with a few songs soon :)

cegs5

Valentina said already that it's time for another artist, and she is right. She had two oportunities and flopped, so let's face it.

GRE

Valentina said already that it's time for another artist, and she is right. She had two oportunities and flopped, so let's face it.

In my country we say "the third one,is the best one!"

evija87

Of course I'd love to see her, but I will respect her every decision on it. I think she should do however she feels like, important: don't be pressured into it, she has to want it, not forced by suggestions so she can give again her 100% like this year. Otherwise it's pointless. After a couple of days of consideration, mind is fresh, emotions softened from anger to pure sadness and some bitterness. I'm coming to conclusion that maybe it is better to finish the journey with this song, honest and beautiful and loved, be the one who was great but underrated and unlucky (with the running order) and just missed out. It hurt not seeing her in the final, but she was close, really close considering all the factors. If she does it again.... some people even friendly now, can think she is desperate, I don't want that. If it's forever or more than a year break I'll live with that... It's not like we're not going to see her again, in current times and advanced technology and social media we can follow her all the time. I hope everything will go well with the album and other projects xrose

Do you think it is real we could see her one day in San Remo? Any chance at all..? It would be nice to see her on such known stage. Just some offtopic ;)

A-lister

Veteran
Seriously: Does it make any sense to participate again? I mean it would be very difficult for them to send even a better song than this year and even with that song which was very popular among esc fans they didn't qualify. I think it's really impossible for them to qualify.

Really? I'm sure if they really worked hard to find a good song, it can be better than something that sounds like a ballad from ESC 1970 :lol:

Terence

But it was such a huge favourite that it certainly must've been good in its own ways!

A-lister

Veteran
But it was such a huge favourite that it certainly must've been good in its own ways!

Well, it wasn't bad, and yes it was a FAN favorite... but to say that it's impossible to make something better?

If rumors are true that Valentine will return, I'd love for a darker alternative jazz entry in Italian... afterall she is a Jazz singer first and foremost...

"Crisalide" was alright, but still dated :/

Venage

Well, it wasn't bad, and yes it was a FAN favorite... but to say that it's impossible to make something better?

If rumors are true that Valentine will return, I'd love for a darker alternative jazz entry in Italian... afterall she is a Jazz singer first and foremost...

She has a great voice and she should certainly come back on one condition: Ralph Siegel has to stay out of it SOOC

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator

Nothing wrong at all with being dated, as long as It's good.

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
Next year Valentina should sing a song with folk motives and instruments, to be barefoot on the stage and in the... green loose overall (black had Loreen, Emellie had White, red had this year Valentina herself) - harmony with nature.

CaraMia

Exactly! If they didn't qualify with this, they won't qualify with anything else. We are talking about a song that could be a top 5 in the final...

A-lister

Veteran
Nothing wrong at all with being dated, as long as It's good.

I think being retro could be nice, but dated is the wrong side of the coin xshrug

It wasn't a bad entry, but it was a bit too repetitive for its own good and yes it sounded like something that could have entered ESC in the 70's or so xshrug

Ralph Siegel is kinda lost in time and space, I mean he jumps from Network song to 60's-70's ESC :lol:

Musicosity

I think being retro could be nice, but dated is the wrong side of the coin xshrug

It wasn't a bad entry, but it was a bit too repetitive for its own good and yes it sounded like something that could have entered ESC in the 70's or so xshrug

Ralph Siegel is kinda lost in time and space, I mean he jumps from Network song to 60's-70's ESC :lol:
Retro can indeed be interesting, like Denmark 2010 or Serbia 2011, but it must be recognizable as intentionally retro. The thing with Siegel is, he tries to be modern and still sounds retro. He just doesn't cut it any more. He said he considers Crisalide his best entry ever, and I believe him. It's pretty good - for a contemporary Siegel song. With a better performance from Valentina it just might have been enough for qualifying, but besides that there was little chance for more.

A-lister

Veteran
Retro can indeed be interesting, like Denmark 2010 or Serbia 2011, but it must be recognizable as intentionally retro. The thing with Siegel is, he tries to be modern and still sounds retro.

This...

But Denmark 2010 retro??? huh? :lol:

A-lister

Veteran
Sure. It sounds like 70s/80s German schlager.

Tbh, I think that was very unintentionally made... it was practically a MF left-over, typical G:son kitsch... oh and it was a bit plagiarism aswell (as tend to be the case with Danish entries :lol:).

Top Bottom