Nothing but, nothing but, nothing but space, man
Nothing but, nothing but, nothing but space, man

I've searched around the universe
Been down some black holes
Nothing but space, man
And I want to go home​

Mrm

Veteran
Maybe it is just Sonia coming back for a revange, when she came 2nd in 1993 with "Better the devil you know"..

That would be so BBC to do and I'm here for it! xlove xheart

mup

UK 2022: The Rees-Moggies - Brex my heart
A song on Brexit opportunities.

Sorry for this lame joke but I read an article where the Brexit Opportunities Minister asked citizens to signal him ...Brexit opportunities.

theditz83

Veteran
I guess the UK must have a big betting market for Eurovision.
The UK in general has a big betting market for... everything. Not as many physical shops now with the advent of onlin gambling, but it used to be hard to walk down a street in any town without stumbling across 3 or 4 betting shops.

theCONWEL

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
It seems Sam Ryder has postponed his Glasgow show that was scheduled for the day after the ESC final...

IMG_4899.jpg

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Jane McDonald's 2022 tour suspiciously starts June the 9th leaving the whole of May open in her schedule.

Everything is definitely pointing to it being Jane. BBC really want to win x

Mainshow

Veteran
I finally decided to listen to "Space Man" and honestly, I don´t think it´s great at all. This may end up the same faith like the Makemakes: Getting a decent jury final and getting nil points from the televoting.
I hate the sound of his voice when he sings that high - it´s almost trembling - he clearly is no Sam Smith to pull it off and in my opinion, it´s just very unpleasant to listen to.
Nah, it´s not my cup of tea - I have to admit that the chorus is quite instant/memorable, though - Maybe I´m wrong about it and it may attract some televoters but I´ll still keep my fingers crossed for something more pleasant :D

Chrisiam

Well, it either is him or it isn't. If it is then I'll never understand why they are delaying confirming that it is him bearing in mind the song is already out. Unless there is some contractual reason why they can't but even still it is almost maddening they'd do that. Alternatively, it isn't him and London Eurovision Party are just screwing with people right now for the heck of it.

Either way, we are four days away from the reveal date and we haven't even had so much as a quirky tweet from the Eurovision Twitter page acknowledging we are getting close to a reveal. I can't help but wonder what is going on behind the scenes right now to make things crawl along this much.

Ianp16

I actually like Spaceman. If the song has been updated onto youtube 12 days ago then why wouldn't the BBC just announce it then? Why wait so long? It doesn't make sense... But I suppose the BBC selection for ESC never makes sense

confused-oprah.gif

jeriswani

say I did my research on spaceman and it’s been promoted a lot yet hasn’t been doing anything when it comes to the charts surely that’s says something. Just give him a song with a similar vibe “take me to church”. Something that really shows off his voice. It would do so much better.

cripesdude

I guess we’ll find out soon enough. Either it’s Space Man, Sam Ryder with another song, or there is some serious red-herring action with hints that make it look like it’s Space Man/Sam Ryder even though it’s not…

ChiversLookDivine

I think Sam Ryder is still a good choice of performer based on his relative popularity online and his vocal chops, but either the song needs to change or they need to make him perform an acoustic version of Space Man (like that live version on YouTube).

Having seen that tweet from the London ESC Party, that Space Man hint almost seems too much, like they're leaning into the false rumour. I'm still keeping an open mind for something else. As much as I want it to be London Grammar I think they'll be the 2020's version of Brits asking for Hurts.

I think Sam is a done deal, but I'm still holding out for a song specially written for Eurovision.

Top Bottom