Nothing but, nothing but, nothing but space, man
Nothing but, nothing but, nothing but space, man

I've searched around the universe
Been down some black holes
Nothing but space, man
And I want to go home​

theditz83

Veteran
I hope that the BMG/another record label alliance trend continues as it'll hopefully be key to getting more promotion of our entries in the future, but really it's the results that need to change so that we can finally start to fight back at the dismissive public majority in the UK that can't see the contest as anything but a joke.

Mimmon

Veteran
If wasn't BMG related then I would love to see bands represent UK I recently discovered
If it was BMG yeah I woudn't mind KSI represent UK next year

Fluke

Send some young, original, self-directed artist who actually WANTS to do it.

itwillneverhappen.jpg

Iker

Veteran
I want Adele next year, lol.

Ok, I am kidding as it is impossible and besides that I am not her fan. But it would definitely make millions of people happy.

Chrisiam

Oh blimey, when I saw the 2022 section I worried the contest had been cancelled again!

Might as well reserve my seat ahead of the speculation that it'll be Fleur East or Frock Destroyers or Foxes! Or maybe someone we haven't heard of before!

Hopefully though the BMG collaboration will continue on, the stuff with James Newman whilst it hasn't been winning material has been a welcome step in the right direction and something that can be built upon and learnt from. Its just a matter of hoping that it will be learnt from and the BBC doesn't get any dumb ideas or BMG get cold feet on the whole thing.

rasmuslights

Veteran
Oh blimey, when I saw the 2022 section I worried the contest had been cancelled again!

Might as well reserve my seat ahead of the speculation that it'll be Fleur East or Frock Destroyers or Foxes! Or maybe someone we haven't heard of before!

Hopefully though the BMG collaboration will continue on, the stuff with James Newman whilst it hasn't been winning material has been a welcome step in the right direction and something that can be built upon and learnt from. Its just a matter of hoping that it will be learnt from and the BBC doesn't get any dumb ideas or BMG get cold feet on the whole thing.

it won't be frock d. it's very clear that the HoD doesn't want a joke entry.

lasse braun

another good indie band from UK.xqueenbitch

OT bandname sounds like another indieband from UK but they are from the states - just beautiful music.xmusic

Chrisiam

You can blame the BBC for that. In addition to allowing the whole "They hate us" narrative to foster and be promoted by some of their presenters, and having some of their presenters mocking the UKs acts (when it wasn't warranted either) they were always insistent on having a song they selected be the one that an act would sing.

If you just look at previous years there is always reports about one artist or another who talks about how they wanted to enter the contest but were told they couldn't perform their own material. Which is particularly galling as in many cases this was in the post Gemini years and the early/mid 10's when most of the stuff was super bland.

I mean its amazing when you think about it. We are now POSSIBLY entering into an era of artist led songs when we could have had it as early as 2005/2006. Hopefully that is going to be the case and that the BBC and BMG relationship continues so we can build from it and grow as a nation in the contest again (possibly with other labels and artists throwing their hat into the ring). But I'm pessimistic.

Like someone said in the 2021 thread the UK is like its in Eurovision rehab and I always have this sinking feeling we are either going to relapse and end up with some uninspired X Factor style bilge or we'll just stagnate and not really improve.

Top Bottom