10 5.2%

8 4.1%

10 5.2%

18 9.3%

• Total voters

A-lister

Veteran
Re: UKRAINE 2018

According to the new ESC rules people who are prohibited to enter the host country can't become ESC participants.

Really!? EBU, no more comments, are they schizo or did the Russian bribes stop coming? :lol:

Realest

I wonder what will happen if :am: wins next year and :az: will be forced to skip the contest due saferty concerns!?

If I remember right, Azerbaijan guaranteed Armenias Safety, but Armenia decided by his own wo sit out. If Armenia wins the Contest, im sure Azerbaijan will participate or will be at least not forced to skip.

usaorest

I made my Vidbir 2018 wishlist and was thinking about posting the different artists on my list... Would anyone be interested in hearing music from these artists and knowing more about lesser known names ??

AlekS

Veteran

^ I'm definitely interested in seeing your list. Wondering how many faves of mine are there :lol:

usaorest

^ I'm definitely interested in seeing your list. Wondering how many faves of mine are there :lol:

I have such a long list (probably around 30 for Vidbir) but I removed most of the artists that are quite unlikely to even enter Vidbir (artists such as Tina Karol or Khrystyna Soloviy)

I think I'll give a few artists at a time...

1) KADNAY - known for their indie pop and of course their Vidbir entry in 2017

2) My Ree - Renata Shtifel from 2012 but with a complete image change and new producers. Could be a cool project + her video clip will be coming soon.

3) ILLARIA - my favorite ethnic singer in Ukraine :) I just want something better than TYFMW and more like I'm Alive.

4) NeAngely - pop perfection of Ukraine. Just please give us Ukrainian writers instead of some Swedish product.

5) ULI RUD - winner of Star Factory (a few years back) and Vidbir 2014 entrant. Not sure how active she is anymore but I really did like Budapest from 2014 as well as her latest song.

more acts to come)

Realest

I hope Ukraine wins next year (since we wont :D) so they can host this tournament without all this drama and problems.

Realest

I'm not sure EBU will let us win in the next couple of years lol

Why should they be able to decide this?

AlekS

Veteran

I hope Ukraine wins next year (since we wont :D) so they can host this tournament without all this drama and problems.
aGw4UXV.gif

I'm not sure EBU will let us win in the next couple of years lol
People who are really close to the EBU told me that they really wanted Australia to win and even Lazarev in the worst case scenario but not Jamala :lol: The EBU received big fat Ukrainian cock right in the face xstars
They were so ready to host it in Berlin. I found out about that even before the 2016 final.

The EBU showed their attitude in August by adding this rule change for the 1st time into our hosting contract - they could have changed the host in case of a major delay. + another discriminative condition for us was that 15 million € pledge.
NTU --> PBC:UA transformation & the change of teams were like a gift to them... People from the Russian broadcaster were jumping from happiness (that was before Samoylova) from what I know. Well, another fat Ukrainian cock on them :lol:
Then the EBU Director started another hate wave via the Swiss tabloid (! :lol: ) co-funded by Russian propahandists xfacepalm This is all you need to know about the level of the EBU.

Thankfully not all people in the EBU were like that :cool: But even they couldn't stop the recent open war of the EBU bosses against Ukraine.

Now I'm eagerly waiting for Ukraine/NTU vs. the EBU court case to lay the 3rd fat Ukrainian cock on them. The government gave NTU the lawyers and funded the court costs so we will defend ourselves. + The EBU stepped at their own balls with the recent rules change so they will cancel the 200k € fine at least.

AlekS

Veteran

more acts to come)
I like all of them except NeAngely.
add Katya Chilly, Yana Solomko, The Hardkiss, Pur:pur, Navi, Constantine and this will be my wishlist. Maybe Alekseev... but I hate his producer now.

usaorest

I like all of them except NeAngely.
add Katya Chilly, Yana Solomko, The Hardkiss, Pur:pur, Navi, Constantine and this will be my wishlist. Maybe Alekseev... but I hate his producer now.

all on my wishlist except Yana (because she needs a new producer since Nikitin left after her latest single) and Alekseev (only because his producer hates ESC now and he is a bit too big for ESC just like Vremya i Steklo)

usaorest

next part of my wishlist...

6) MamaRika - she gave one of her weaker songs for the selection (because Meladze wanted a more ESC oriented song ughhhh) but she would be cool. This song is such a bop.

7) The Hardkiss - what would a Ukrainian wishlist be without them lmao. I would want something bilingual from them again.

8) MARUV - former Pringlez from Vidbir 2016. New sound and style and could be really cool.

9) Sonya Kay - tropical house / pop project by famous Ukrainian/American producers and she has been slowly rising in fame over the past 2 years. She also said she might be interested for 2018.

10) Odyn V Kanoe - indie / acoustic group that is known for their Ukrainian language music with beautiful melodies. I wouldn't expect them for ESC except the lead singer is on the Junior Eurovision jury this year so who knows :)

AlekS

Veteran

YASS! to all of them :D STB also invited "Odyn v canoe" as X Factor special guest 2 years ago. My fave of them is "Жучка". Not sure if they're suitable for ESC though.

ps. Tina Karol except she's TOO big for ESC now is totally impossible. She's on 54-dates-tour starting tomorrow and ending on March 30. I really like the new album though. I wouldn't be so sure about Soloviy, she can enter the NF imo.

usaorest

YASS! to all of them :D STB also invited "Odyn v canoe" as X Factor special guest 2 years ago. My fave of them is "Жучка".

ps. Tina Karol except she's TOO big for ESC now is totally impossible. She's on 54 dates tour starting tomorrow and ending on March 30. I really like the new album though. I wouldn't be so sure about Soloviy, she can enter the NF imo.

Intonations is one of my fave albums of the year for sure. I think she is still salty about 2006 and doesn't want anything questioning her power as the diva/queen of Ukraine. I think Soloviy doesn't like "pop contests" + Vakarchuk is quite negative about ESC participation tbh.

AlekS

Veteran

^ If STB could invite Jamala who was really negative about ESC because of obvious reasons then it won't be a problem for Soloviy))

Sabiondo

Now I'm eagerly waiting for Ukraine/NTU vs. the EBU court case to lay the 3rd fat Ukrainian cock on them. The government gave NTU the lawyers and funded the court costs so we will defend ourselves. + The EBU stepped at their own balls with the recent rules change so they will cancel the 200k € fine at least.

The head of UA: PBC told that EBU has not received any information on the recent change of rules by the EBU few weeks ago? :confused:

AlekS

Veteran

The head of UA: PBC told that EBU has not received any information on the recent change of rules by the EBU few weeks ago? :confused:
The official word from UA:pBC & Alasania: "The EBU hasn't published it yet". That's all.
And it won't be published because this is the hosting contract. Not ESC rules.

ESC '17 exec producer said 1 week ago that he heard that info from ARD.

edit: 3 weeks ago Alasania re-posted opinion of UA:pBC supervisory board member about that "rules" change so I take it as official confirmation.

If STB makes an actual effort this year then Vidbir 2018 will be quite good)
STB degraded from awesome Jamala to staging that horror in May :? Even if they create awesome NF it means nothing if they shit everything with such staging.

Mrm

Veteran

THE HARDKISS - "Журавлi" is a GEM! xlove xheart

I don't want bilingual, from them I want in Ukrainiana full!

I'd like smth daring as Panvalkova too! :)

If it is safe I want FANTASTIC Tayanna! xbow

Top Bottom