13 6.7%

10 5.2%

8 4.1%

10 5.2%

18 9.3%

• Total voters

Alaska49

Re: UKRAINE 2018

i mean, if softengine being soft is what excludes them from the conversation, i don't think o.torvald's time "went harder" than something better AT ALL. both are solidly on the same level of "going hard", which for eurovision is quite a bit since so many eurofans listen to one second of a guitar riff and go "OMG IT'S ROCK YUCK BARF GROSS".

also, the hardkiss "going harder" means they stand out even more, which is probably good, since they are going to be considered different anyway. that's why i think they could win the whole thing. salvador just won being the softest to ever soft in this decade, so the opposite sounds attainable.

A-lister

Veteran

I'm sorry guys but The Hardkiss >>>>>> O.Torvald

Nothing to be sorry about, they shouldn't even be grouped together...

Just because they both do Rock music doesn't mean that they are similar, The Hardkiss are pros, O.Torvald look and sound like a budget Linkin Park

WhoKnows

If The Hardkiss want to do well, they will need to do something more ballad-y rather than rock-y. They would have no chance with something like Closer. Might not finish bottom 3, but would be no higher than like Top 10. I still maintain that Helpless is the best they've ever done and most appropriate for ESC. If they can replicate that - I doubt that, alas :( - they could win.

Eulaliya

Gib Onuka plox xpray

A-lister

Veteran

If The Hardkiss want to do well, they will need to do something more ballad-y rather than rock-y. They would have no chance with something like Closer. Might not finish bottom 3, but would be no higher than like Top 10. I still maintain that Helpless is the best they've ever done and most appropriate for ESC. If they can replicate that - I doubt that, alas :( - they could win.

I agree, something like "Helpless" or "Prirva" would be their strongest shot at ESC success, and actually their slower tracks that incorporate some local motives are their strongest songs period. "Antarktyda" is a good song though xthink

WhoKnows

Would love to see Atmasfera have a go at it with something like this. xheartxheart

AlekS

Veteran

Katya Chilly is being promoted by STB's media group now + she performed at the concert dedicated to the beggining of the Ukraine<-->EU visa-free travel regime. It was supported by UA:pBC. I bet they've asked her about ESC already.

According to rumours Yuliya Sanina (The Hardkiss frontwoman) left the X Factor judging panel. The chances of their non-participation became less than 100% :cool:

usaorest

The selection's format will be decided in August as usual.

The format changes & improvements I want to see: more jury power in semis / quality over quantity of songs (aka we only needed two semis this year) / have uapbc have a seat at the jury table :) / more music experts less celebrities on jury panel (like meladze mentioned before) / give us 2016 production quality & LED / work with m1 music channel for more promo and expert help / less x factor rejects more holos contestants / work with more record labels and studios

jimijoop

Banned

I just want a National Final with good songs. Like 2016. This year the level of the songs was dreadful with few good songs and many horrors. Only Tayanna & Melovin would had a great result in Kiev imo. At least Ukraine was lucky who they were directly in the Final this year, otherwise they would don't qualify in the final.

Sabiondo

Accoding with UA: PBC head of delegation, Zurab Asalania, its seems that with the unpleaseant news santions that the channel got today with EBU desition, also EBU is likely to ban them to competing in ESC 2018, because they still pending on the EBU final word on channel application regarding on their next year ESC participation.

A-lister

Veteran

Accoding with UA: PBC head of delegation, Zurab Asalania, its seems that with the unpleaseant news santions that the channel got today with EBU desition, also EBU is likely to ban them to competing in ESC 2018, because they still pending on the EBU final word on channel application regarding on their next year ESC participation.

I don't think they will be banned, maybe if they won't pay the fine.

If they will be banned however, then it would be interesting to see how much certain corrupt individuals within the EBU have been bribed by Kremlin/Russia and then we will know for sure that EBU is controlled partly by Kremlin. Good to know for future contests that the "non-politicized" contest is highly political under the table.

blue00eyes

Fine, but wasn't Yulia DSQ not political? Ukraine brought politics last year with 1944 and this year by banning Russia and Russia picked Yulia to cause problems and both countries should pay for this. Ukraine has to pay money (for breaiking ESC rules) and Russia was DSQ last year.

Not everything is black and white

Realest

Every international Festival underlies political Restrictions, how can anyone think that such an Event can be held without politics. It is a difference, if the Organisation etc.. or the Tournament itself is political. The last one has to be prevented of course, even if its not possible 100%.

"1944" was not political but historical decided EBU so they dont have to complain about that. And as I said, it was Russia who started Bringing Politics in the whole Organisation by disrespecting on purpose Ukrainian Laws. That could all have been prevented by the beginning if Russia sent someone legal. But as their Not-Appearing on any Delegation-Meeting and Not-Booking any Hotel months before the Tournament (in the opposite to every other Delegation) proves, Russia didnt want to participate but tu damage Ukraine.
And yes there is a gap since EBU-Regulation says that Every Participants shall be allowed, while the Ukrainian Laws says that no illegal Singer is allowed to Enter but i hope i dont have to explain which of them stands above the other.

DanielLuis

The EBU has stated they want to see both Ukraine and Russia compete in Portugal next year.

blue00eyes

Every international Festival underlies political Restrictions, how can anyone think that such an Event can be held without politics. It is a difference, if the Organisation etc.. or the Tournament itself is political. The last one has to be prevented of course, even if its not possible 100%.
This is sadly true, but I can't see EBU doing something to reduce politics. Same is with Armenia-Azerbaijan relations. Armenian delegation was not in Baku too. :?
I hate when countries use ESC as a platform for their political games. I can't say my country never used ESC this way, we sent a bit political song in 2003 but it was very peaceful, not meant to hurt anyone. :p

It's off topic but I want to say that I think Eurovision is for left wing people only, not neutral in any way and is full of double standards.

A-lister

Veteran

Fine, but wasn't Yulia DSQ not political? Ukraine brought politics last year with 1944 and this year by banning Russia and Russia picked Yulia to cause problems and both countries should pay for this. Ukraine has to pay money (for breaiking ESC rules) and Russia was DSQ last year.

Not everything is black and white

Russia was not "banned" from the contest, Yulia was not allowed due to breaking Ukrainian laws and Russia didn't want to change their performer (because it was a political motive from the get go from their part) and therefor chose to withdraw instead, and just like [MENTION=15870]Realest[/MENTION] mentioned earlier Russia never had the intention to enter hence why they didn't take part in any of the pre-arrangements that is expected by entrants to do.

1944 is not more political than many other ESC entries were in the past, in other words the politics might be there subtle, but not enough for it to be blatantly breaking any rules. However there are cases in the past that were far more directly political, yet EBU allowed them so not sure what to say about that other than there's obvious hypocrisy I guess.

blue00eyes

Russia was not "banned" from the contest, Yulia was not allowed due to breaking Ukrainian laws and Russia didn't want to change their performer (because it was a political motive from the get go from their part) and therefor chose to withdraw instead, and just like [MENTION=15870]Realest[/MENTION] mentioned earlier Russia never had the intention to enter hence why they didn't take part in any of the pre-arrangements that is expected by entrants to do.

1944 is not more political than many other ESC entries were in the past, in other words the politics might be there subtle, but not enough for it to be blatantly breaking any rules. However there are cases in the past that were far more directly political, yet EBU allowed them so not sure what to say about that other than there's obvious hypocrisy I guess.
Still it's not Ukraine who should pick Russian entrant. They said everyone can take part, there's no black list, we celebrate diversity etc etc and then Russia picks Yulia (ok I know why) and then Ukraine doesn't allow her. I wonder if it was Nyusha for example, would they allow her?

"1944" was not obvious like "We don't wanna put in" for example, but I will never agree it was not political, but let's leave it, I think we agreed to disagree last year :lol:

Top Bottom