13 6.7%

10 5.2%

8 4.1%

10 5.2%

18 9.3%

• Total voters

yulichka

Re: UKRAINE 2018

Awful news. Danylko was the ring leader of the whole "Ukraine needs to send something different" movement. I know he personally didn't back O.Torvald, but that campaign was his doing. And look at the result. Plus, I hate how he can't seem to appreciate non -"fun" music. Love Verka, but he's a terrible ESC judge. Jamala must go too. Meladze can stay. Bring back Ruslana. And add someone like Babkin. Or another hip producer/artist. The Maneken?

After this year's huge flop, Ukraine needs to redeem itself.

I agree on bringing Ruslana back, thanks to her, we won two times. I still remember how she saved Jamala last year with her highest points. Danylko is fun and stuff, but he can bring victory or high positions for us only by entering himself. Maybe Monatik will want to try next year, although I wasn't crazy about his performance.

AlekS

Veteran

I agree on bringing Ruslana back, thanks to her, we won two times. I still remember how she saved Jamala last year with her highest points. Danylko is fun and stuff, but he can bring victory or high positions for us only by entering himself. Maybe Monatik will want to try next year, although I wasn't crazy about his performance.
If she slapped Lviv mayor's butt so he would be interested in hosting ESC... Lviv knows about that like no other:
http://profoto.lviv.ua/statja-img/lviv/leopold-von-sacher-masoch.jpg
:lol::lol::lol:

I already miss her in the jury :mrgreen:

I have a strong feeling that STB will try to send their project no matter what. + People who are close to STB suggest different NF options... the internal selection with the NF/choosing a song (NF 2008) is one of them.
Imho we will have a usual open NF with some changes.
But any system would suck if talented performers won't be interested in entering the NF.

I correctly predicted ONUKA for the interval act. Now I predict Katya Chilly for the NF 2018
CrystalBall1.gif

AlekS

Veteran

I am happy it wasn't in Lviv this year, garbage all around, what a shame :( Maybe in two years :D
I hope the factory will be built after all)) It's a shame that Ruslana's home city hasn't hosted yet.
3 days ago Klitschko promised to finish building the basketball arena with 20 000 capacity so it's gonna be your competitor in the future.

Edward

Watching Ruslana's now wrinkled face was a sad sight to behold :( Time flies.

Onuka was pretty cool.

I'm sure there's an endless pool of pretty and talented faces for Ukraine to bring forward as usual.

I dare Ukraine not to send something worthy of finishing in the top 10.

A-lister

Veteran

I dare Ukraine not to send something worthy of finishing in the top 10.

Well, they did it this year and ended up in the very bottom, satisfied? :)

I hope for a strong entry again, 2017 was probably their weakest yet, maybe 2003 was worse.

Edward

I was going to write in brackets (excluding what they chose to send on the years they won) but I thought those entries could just go without saying. For some reason rarely has a country won or sent something worthy of winning the year after they won. The success rate is still pretty high anyway. So my point stands ;)

AlekS

Veteran

The former Head of our delegation and ex-ESC Executive Producer got a job at 1+1 channel.
mr. Alasania came back as the new UA:pBC boss ....... if 1+1 is really interested in lobbying Katya Chilly their performer there will be a hot fight between 2 biggest commercial channels to send their representative (finally! :lol: )
Wondering if STB will be forced to make the NF for internally selected performer.

ps. Can't believe I like the new song of Melovin :?
Watched the live performance. Nah, I hate it :lol:

Alaska49

GET MELADZE OUT

also the hardkiss need to win eurovision at some point so if it'd be too early to host 2019 then please save them for later thx

AlekS

Veteran

also the hardkiss need to win eurovision at some point so if it'd be too early to host 2019 then please save them for later thx
Another rock band. This time it will work 4sure :mrgreen: Not in this life. I don't want them to flop. + I have no idea how many years she will judge X Factor on the same channel.

GRE

Too bad Ukraine will not be next year in Lisbon.
But who knows ? Maybe EBU will bann them only for one year (and not 3),
so they will be back in 2019 !

Alaska49

Too bad Ukraine will not be next year in Lisbon.
But who knows ? Maybe EBU will bann them only for one year (and not 3),
so they will be back in 2019 !
lmao @ ukraine (or russia) being banned. remember when armenia was going to get sanctioned because iveta mukuchyan showed a nagorno-karabakh flag and then they totally weren't? ebu is FECKLESS. if either were going to get banned, they would have announced it while the subject was still hot, but of course they didn't. they'll act like nothing has ever happened next year.

Another rock band. This time it will work 4sure :mrgreen: Not in this life. I don't want them to flop.
i like o.torvald but how dare you to put them on the level of the hardkiss. i absolutely believe helpless was as guaranteed to do well as 1944 was and it was basically the biggest dilemma of my life to choose between them. their latest album is flawless, too.

most importantly, by having a female vocalist, the hardkiss do not break the ancient motherland tradition and escape the karmic punishment all their male entries have received so far.

AlekS

Veteran

i like o.torvald but how dare you to put them on the level of the hardkiss.
I don't dare. ESC televoters & the juries dare.
I put the Hardkiss higher than O.Torvald and Triana Park. The bottom 10 of the final. No matter how hard I like them xshrug

Alaska49

I don't dare. ESC televoters & the juries dare.
I put the Hardkiss higher than O.Torvald and Triana Park. The bottom 10 of the final.
i fail to see how rock is such a death sentence. finland did well with rock in 2014. finland!! if they did it then it can't be impossible, specially not for a band as good as the hardkiss.

AlekS

Veteran

i fail to see how rock is such a death sentence. finland did well with rock in 2014. finland!! if they did it then it can't be impossible, specially not for a band as good as the hardkiss.
One Direction clone Typical boy band trying to sound like a cool rock guys? They're thankfully even farther from the Hardkiss than O.Torvald.
Add some typical radio friendly crap like young guys singing "owww owww owwww" and rock to music that suits rather One Direction, Taylor Swift, or other gadzillion things you've heard on the radio/YT etc. and voila! You're 11th (which is still a mediocre outcome unless you're San Marino or Czech Republic or someone else who struggles for a decent result).

ps. I still believe ESC is not about the final scoreboard but as appeared the Hardkiss care about results more than I expected.

Alaska49

One Direction clone Typical boy band trying to sound like a cool rock guys? They're thankfully even farther from the Hardkiss than O.Torvald.
absolutely incorrect description of softengine. we'll have to agree to disagree.

AlekS

Veteran

absolutely incorrect description of softengine. we'll have to agree to disagree.
They're too soft for my taste and I described their song, not the band :? Considering the Hardkiss went even harder with their new songs I'm not sure they will succeed on Eurovision in the next year, 2 .... or maybe never. By succeed I mean the top 3. Anything else would be a flop imo.

Top Bottom