Contact us

The Overrated Entries Thread

angelanni

Sweden is definitely too overrated. It's not even that great and there are so many other songs what deserve attention as well so I really don't understand all the fuss over this song.

dezbee2008

I do not understand the hype around Spain. In 2011 and in 2009 the songs were much better.

Exactly!! I absolutely love the 2011 and 2009 entries, but the 2012 entry is just average. Have you noticed many tops (including mine) got dislikes on YouTube because Spain wasn't in the top 10?

Same goes for Serbia and Slovenia, and to a certain extent, Denmark and Cyprus. Lithuania is just heading towards that direction.

pholiko

Other years is top 3 overrated:

2008 -

:ua: - Ukraine - Can you copy Sweden a bit more? 1.
:tr: - Turkey - I don't even know what this song is about. Is there a cirkus in the background? 2.
:ru: - Russia - WORST .. WINNER .. EVER 3.

1. LOL. I really have to laugh when I read posts like yours above. MUHA. WHAT the hell do you think of Sweden? That they are the only ones who can produce proper English songs? What makes that song Swedish? You can call that not innovative, but hell. :D I really HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE it when people say "gnaaaaarrrrr why is your song not in your own language" but there are NEVER Swedish entries that are sung in swedish. Why the hell?!

2. Yea, you were supposed not to know what the song is about because it was Turkish (and I admit that you have no Turkish skills) ;) And by far, that song was definately NOT overrated in any forum or in the betting-thing, it was NEVER a possible winner of the contest. Therefore it got the 8th place or something like that.

3. First time I agree with you. ;-)

B2T:

:se::se::se::se::se::se::se::se::se::se::se::se::se::se::se::se::se::se::se::se::se::se::se::se::se::se::se::se: -.-

Sabrewulf238

Let's see overrated countries.

:gr: Greece - This one is terribly annoying, probably one of the blandest samey "whatever" tracks in this years Eurovision. I might outright hate songs like Montenegro and Georgia...but at least I haven't heard songs that sound like them before. The bottom line? She's singing about the sweet loving she is going to apply to her man. (or a man, or multiple men, or maybe another women, who knows?) Sexy time Sexy time, yeah yeah play a different record will you?

:rs: :de: Serbia & Germany - Both of these songs do so little for me I figured I'd just clump them into the one section. I really can't see what about these songs is so appealing, I've listened to them a good few times now and I can't remember how either of them go.

:ru: Russia - I do like the singing grannies but even still I think they are overrated. However singing grannies will always end up being overhyped won't they?

:ro: Romania - Romanian dance doesn't normally do much for me to begin with. I don't think the song is awful really....it just doesn't do much for me either. It's another overhyped song.

Also, even though I do really enjoy the song. The hype for Sweden is a bit much and could definitely be seen as overhyped. Personally I much prefer My Heart is Refusing Me.

Mozz

I agree with most others.

:se: I can rationally understand the hype. But the specific electro beats used are sooo cliché and predictable; there's a plethora of beats that can be chosen (example: the French entry is way more creatively produced) but the Swedes really had to use these ones. A lot of the hype is to be attributed to the mystic appearance of Loreen and the dance moves a la Kate Bush. But the song itself? :?
:ru: No explanation needed. The grannies are pretending to sing but almost every note is off.
:gr: Same old, same old. Rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat.

daniels1000

:ru: RUSSIA - no comment that this song is so stupid . 6 grannies sing PARTY for everybody . -.-
:uk: UNITED KINGDOM - for me it is too overrated because it is nothing special, it isn't emotional at all.
:ua: UKRAINE - cheering trash.It will be overrated in final ranking.stupid lyrics.
:ch: SWITZERLAND - bad pronunciation.nothing special.

:rs: SERBIA - Although I like this song i think it will be overrated(second or third place).

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
In my opinion RUSSIA, GREECE and SPAIN are overrated.

:ru:RUSSIA - The grannies don't even really sing.

:gr:GREECE - I'm not a hater of typical Greek songs. I actually usually like them. But this one is simply dreadful!
:es:SPAIN - I like this song, but can't really understand all the hype about this. In my opinion it's even far from being the best ballad or something. Anyway, it's the only decent song from the 3 of them.

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
:es:SPAIN - I like this song, but can't really understand all the hype about this. In my opinion it's even far from being the best ballad or something. Anyway, it's the only decent song from the 3 of them.

I like the song, but I do not like Pastora - both appearance and her voice and pronunciation. Lucia Perez was better in all parameters :mrgreen: (Really)

FilipFromSweden

S
E
R
B
I
A

JurianFeygen

I think Norway is very overrated! Ireland and Russia too, not in forums but mostly in betting odds!

*nod* for mother Russia entry, I think EBU must organize Senior Eurovision Song Contest next year. Same happen with Belgium and the Junior Song Contest. :lol:

apasionata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Norway :no: - I don't get why so many people like this song. Tooji - Popular vol.2 imo. :)

Romania :ro: - It's catchy and dancy for sure, and I really like Romanian music. Rhythm, music and atmosphere are great, everything else - average (especially lyrics). ;)

issorus71

Re: Sweden! (The Overrated Entries Thread)

:se: is the most overrated song this year. :? It's not as nearly cool as some other songs, yet 99% of people have an orgasm while listening to it.
I don't get it, if 99% of the ppl get an orgasm by listening to this song and it then as a natural effect of all these orgasms gets an estimated high position in the contest?, How can it be overrated? It doesn't matter if it'll end up last in the end, but right now, if 99% likes it,, it surely can't be a overrated assumption to speculate that it gets a high position in the end? can it?

I think Sweden is over-hyped, yes, by fans with too many orgasms, rather then overrated. :)

Miguel

My new updated ranking:

1. Sweden
2. Cyprus
3. Slovenia
4. Ukraine
5. Serbia
6. Russia

Uptempo songs tend to be overrated in this contest. Norway 2012 ain't overrated because isn't actually forgettable like other generic uptempos. Tooji's song is a mix of electropop pop and arabic pop - something quite unique. That's it.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
AFter watching the rehearsals I have to say SWEDEN and CYPRUS. I have a really bad feeling............

Top Bottom