Contact us

The Overrated Entries Thread

Mannone

1. Sweden - We have the capacity (in words of commitment, organization, mentality etc.) to become overrated. But most of all Euphoria is not my favourite song, and in the last five years I've been fond of the winning song. That is my issue. Euphoria doesn't have the right power, the right fluctuations, the right nerve, and the effect is something completely different than euphoria. I will never get it.

2. Norway - Should be bottom 10, is often ranked as top 10.

3. Great Britain - Oh man this is not only boring. It's top notch boring. It gives me a reminder of Wonderful World (Louis Armstrong, anyone?), as if that song were a complete failure. Bottom 5.

4. Serbia - His name is getting voted for, I guess? Slovenia is much better. Spain is much better. This ballad doesn't open. Boring times boring is b-b-b-boring (2x2b = 4b)?!

:twisted:

rajo

Overrated in my opinion:

Iceland
The lyrics in English are really "reductive", but what concerns me more, is that Jónsi - again - can't sing live.

Norway
Tooji is really a nice person, but I am afraid his song is bad ripoff of Popular

United Kingdom
I have no words for this. Just pathetic. Selling big names for poor songs.

Spain
This song won't make an impression since it is Spain we are talking about. As Azerbaijan this would be a winner.

Serbia
This is an annoying lamento song. When you don't want to live anymore, so why sing about it? I go for Croatia and Slovenia this year.

Germany
The #8 in the OGAE poll can be happy if it finishes #18. This is a very forgettable song.

Greece
Generic and boring. No emotion, no authenticity, no nothing. It doesn't deserve the final!

Azerbaijan
Just another random ballad.

Andalublue

On this site I think Iceland is waaay over-rated. It's very average, quite boring and I don't get why so many people think it's so good, unless they are being swayed by their bloc-voting instincts. Cool video though.

I also think Serbia is over-rated. Mannone says that people might be voting for his name, but I've never heard of him. Is he an international superstar that has passed me by?

Edit: Okay, just looked him up. Second in 2004. I found the YT clip and remembered the song and how shocked I was at how such a dull dirge made it to second place. Not as shocked as I was by Molitva winning (surely the worst winner in ESC history) but still shocked. I don't think his 2004 performance will win him any votes from non-bloc voters.

Yamarus

Not as shocked as I was by Molitva winning (surely the worst winner in ESC history)

Re-watch the performance. "Molitva" must be one of the most uncontroversial winners of the last decade. There's just no competition.

Andalublue

Re-watch the performance. "Molitva" must be one of the most uncontroversial winners of the last decade. There's just no competition.

Well, of course that's an opinion. It's very difficult to prove 'uncontroversial'. Personally Verka or Kenan Dogulu were both far superior. In fact about 8 songs were better than Molitva.

Scooby

Well, of course that's an opinion. It's very difficult to prove 'uncontroversial'. Personally Verka or Kenan Dogulu were both far superior. In fact about 8 songs were better than Molitva.

I only can say LOOOOOOOOL

Andalublue

Terence

This year's most overrated entires are :se: and, perhaps, :fr:

Terence

I doubt Lithuania is overrated. It's very low in fan polls so that makes it underrated, no?

Yamarus

This year's most overrated entires are :se: and, perhaps, :fr:

France is not overrated at all! It's not a great song, but nobody's really challenging that. Last year's French entry was massively overrated though.

rajo

Overrated:

Sweden, Russia, Norway, Iceland, Ireland, Serbia, FYROM and Greece.....

Ewigkeit

Veteran
:se:, :is:, :it:, :rs:, :no:

DominikS

For me it's Serbia - although I quite like it, it's not as good as its hype, and I guess Lithuania since it actually qualified (it's one of the worst songs this year IMO).

CypriotGirl

Veteran
My new list: :is::no::tr::ru::it:

Serbia would be overrated if it wins, but I don't think so. Top 5 would be good for it.

And of course :lt: just for qualifying, but I guess it will be in bottom 5!

Top Bottom