Contact us

The Overrated Entries Thread

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
I do not understand the hype around Spain. In 2011 and in 2009 the songs were much better.

A-lister

Veteran
I do not understand the hype around Spain. In 2011 and in 2009 the songs were much better.

I completely agree! I find the song quite generic and actually bland. Spain 2011 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Spain 2012

imo

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
Spain on my 11th place just because it is Spain, and I have special feelings for her.

Tristran

:al::at::ba::hr::it::ru::rs:

razi

what kind of criteria is that? you vote Spain only because you are fond of the country?

Adeline

No offence to any entry, but I think these are quite overrated:

:dk::cy::no::hr:

I have the feeling that either Cyprus or Norway will fail this year (stick in the semi or go to the final and end up low). Cyprus might be the Estonia 2011 of this year and Norway is just a copy of Eric Saade: I wonder if this same formula will work again, especially since they are in the stronger semi.
I have the feeling that Denmark will not score as high as everybody thinks. I'm pretty sure they will go to the final since their semi is quite weak, but a potential winner? I don't think so.
It's just my personal view of course, but I don't get why many people think Croatia will go through. The song is quite good, but not very catchy in comparison with other ballads and their draw is very bad. I really do think this has a big chance of staying in the semi-final.

Celia

:tr: :ua: :gr: :ru:

The Turkish song is not bad but his singing and his moves are way too weird.
Ukraine has sent one of their worst entries ever. It sounds better for a football match (bring Alyosha back xheart )
The Greek song is just a weaker copy of former entries, as I've read somewhere else.
And Russia...grannies are lovely xheart but the song is awful! I hope it doesn't qualify, because other countries wouldn't.

Imo, of course ;)

I'm really surprised to read your thoughts on Spain 2011 :shock: because Lucia was very nice and did her best, but the song was terrible! Many were angry with that choice here.
Tastes are tastes , I can see :p

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
Celia Last year, Spain was in my top 3. I really liked both Lucia and song. And the performance was a bright, positive, cheerful, good!

papillon

i think sweden is overrated. dont get me wrong its a great song, but i think the hype surrounding it is a bit too much.

FilipFromSweden

This year (2012) is the 3 most overrated songs:

:ru: -Russia - I mean , its nr 2 in all betting odds? What the hell?! If it wins i will never watch eurovision again.
:rs: - Serbia - There is a song like this , every year.. i think last year it was Bosnia and Hercegovina
:dk: - Denmark - It's ok i guess , but it is overrated. It is a bit boring.

The one who says :se: is overrated , is going to DIE! :mad:xrollinglol

Narcisse

This year (2012) is the 3 most overrated songs:

:ru: -Russia - I mean , its nr 2 in all betting odds? What the hell?! If it wins i will never watch eurovision again.
:rs: - Serbia - There is a song like this , every year.. i think last year it was Bosnia and Hercegovina
:dk: - Denmark - It's ok i guess , but it is overrated. It is a bit boring.

The one who says :se: is overrated , is going to DIE!
:mad:xrollinglol

Well; kill me then ;)

FilipFromSweden

Other years is top 3 overrated:

2011 -

:gr: - Greece - it sounds terrible , bad mix!
:it: - Italy - it is boring and it took swedens 2nd place! Dough , its all because of the jury who always has bad taste xhand
:az: - Azerbaijan - why did this win? it deserved like 7th place. They won because the rain of fire.

2010 -

:ru: - Russia - Russia always sends crappy songs and get in a top 10. Because of the neighbourvoting. This should not even had qualified
:tr: - Turkey - I know why this was nr 2. Because of the robot. Europe is so easy to trick.. xbar
:ad: - Romania - This is not so bad but i would never have thought this was going to be top 3.

2009 -

No overrated songs! Only :ru: but the whole year was fantastic! xthank

2008 -

:ua: - Ukraine - Can you copy Sweden a bit more?
:tr: - Turkey - I don't even know what this song is about. Is there a cirkus in the background?
:ru: - Russia - WORST .. WINNER .. EVER

aletem

Italy wasn't overrated last year. It was very underrated by the fans. I was happy that they did so well! :lol: Though, at the same time I didn't like the fact that the juries exaggerated the result and gave them so many points.

gazzerl67

I completely agree! I find the song quite generic and actually bland. Spain 2011 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Spain 2012

imo

In complete agreement - I think people are letting a name - and their expectations - fool them when there's not much to the song at all (she can sing though but even manage to overdo the vocal athletics)

Celia

Celia Last year, Spain was in my top 3. I really liked both Lucia and song. And the performance was a bright, positive, cheerful, good!

Well, it's nice to read this. I don't think she deserved to end up 23rd either :(

Franco

:it: - Italy - it is boring and it took swedens 2nd place! Dough , its all because of the jury who always has bad taste xhand

Why so much hassle for one tiny step? It just slipped from 2nd to 3rd place. Sweden was not going to win anyway.

Top Bottom