Veteran
Re: SWITZERLAND 2018

Zibbz and only Zibbz! xcheer
Check this out xheya
this is right on par with :no: Ida Maria when it comes to idioms xlove

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator

Stones is one of the most obvious picks in this NF season. If Switzerland want a rare Saturday night participation, that is their only chance.

Kaz

Here's a little controversy...Redlights is now ahead of Stones in the odds.

GlamSIMorous

I am crossing my fingers for Redlights, this one has been one of my absolute favourite NF songs this season! Love it so much! :oops:

But definitely could get behind Compass and Stones as well.

ZoboCamel

Haven't followed the Swiss NF very closely this season, but from what I've seen I'm hoping for Zibbz with "Stones". From my few listens to it today, it's growing on me, and I can imagine it standing out fairly well in May – moreso than the country's usual fare, at least.

SwissKung

Redlights will win ;)

I'm not sure the Swiss public will vote for a German act, it's between Stones VS Secret and Lies while A Thousand Times and Compass are going to cancel each other out since these 2 acts are from the French part of the country (votes will be divided).

The international jury though is unpredictable at this point.

aardvark

FSC Mod
Staff member

My ranking before the show:

1) Stones
2) Compass
3) Redlights
4) Kiss me
5) A thousand times
6) Secrets and lies

All in all a very good selection that :ch: has put together. Much better than previous years, and any one of my top 3 could get a decent result in Eurovision finals.

DanielLuis

I think "Stones" and "Secrets and Lies" are the clear stand outs here.

"Stones" is just the type of song I usually listen to. It's very fresh, slick and modern and can definitely give Switzerland access to the final again. I hope the girl will be able to hit those notes in the last chorus.

"Secrets and Lies" sounds like it comes out of a musical. I think it's so beautiful in the way that it builds. The lyrics are great too. I especially love the way that she sings that "I..:". It suffers from not having a very stand out chorus. I really love it, but "Stones" probably has a bigger wide appeal, "Secrets and Lies" is not for everyone.

Out of the other 4 I guess "Redlights" would be the only worthwhile winner, but I hope 3rd is as much as it can get. It's good, but it's too mainstream, it misses a je ne sais quoi.

EscGeek

Veteran

Stones - obviously my endorsement today, i love the flow, instrumental and the energy in it :D

I won't be listening to Redlights,Kiss Me and Compass if they all lose tonight but i have no strong opinions
A Thousand Times - wiwi said it nicely: "We’ve heard this song “A Thousand Times before” xpuke
Secrets and Lies is sooooo bor... xsleep

SwissKung

Die Entscheindungsshow, the only place where you can practice your German (or rather Swiss-German), French and Italian at the same time!

Sean

Admin
Staff member

Die Entscheindungsshow, the only place where you can practice your German (or rather Swiss-German), French and Italian at the same time!

It's been tough enough having to write out Die Entscheidungsshow all day

SwissKung

It's been tough enough having to write out Die Entscheidungsshow all day

And that's why the Swiss-French broadcaster didn't even bother with it and just called our NF "Eurosong" in the TV program :lol:

Fierro

Today will be first time I hear all the songs so that will keep me objective. Just ~20 min left!

Top Bottom