11 6.3%

8 4.6%

7 4.0%

3 1.7%

11 6.3%

• Total voters

tuorem

Re: SWITZERLAND 2018

I used to put the blame for the unbearable blandness of Swiss entries on the format: force songs through a bunch of different juries, excise a song if it doesn't float the boat of even one of them, end up with six songs that may or may not be good but are always pretty vacuum-packed,* have one song stand out because it sounds professional and vaguely modern (read: has one synth), let that win the NF in a landslide, get hyped for a couple days, collectively realize that it's only standout by Swiss NF standards, flop. But there's clearly something else going on. These songs are no change from any other Swiss national final, even with a more streamlined format. "Kiss Me" and "Compass" are obnoxious and unlistenable, which I guess is interesting, but it's not really a recipe to get me on board. Pick any of them; I can't say I can tell them apart beyond the two particularly bad ones. Heck, pick one of those two. At least I'll give a shit.

*I'll admit to a soft spot for "Fly" from 2015, "Disque d'or"** & "Another World" from 2016, and I guess "Cet air la" from 2017.
** Which wasn't supposed to be in the final 6 anyway.

OMG :lol: The tea about the Swiss NFs is served! I think the same.

esc87fan

Based on the songs, I can't seem to pick an outright winner since they're all really good. Any one of them could potentially do well in Lisbon if everything comes together right

DanielLuis

*I'll admit to a soft spot for "Fly" from 2015, "Disque d'or"** & "Another World" from 2016, and I guess "Cet air la" from 2017.
** Which wasn't supposed to be in the final 6 anyway.

"Cet air là" is very underrated in my opinion! I really think that with the right staging it would have the potential to reach the final in Kyiv, especially considering Switzerland was in the weaker semi-final.

FoxOfShadows

"Stones" is pretty good if a little generic. I just keep hoping year after year that Sebalter with have another go :p

Mrm

Veteran

"Stones" is pretty good if a little generic. I just keep hoping year after year that Sebalter with have another go :p

It's among 5 worst entries in esc history, in my book.. :lol:

Realest

Vanessa has the best Song, but for an Milanov/Persson-Song, this is very disappointing.

Ive changed my mind. I think Vanessa has a very strong Song and that she has realistic Qualification-Chances.

Realest

It's among 5 worst entries in esc history, in my book.. :lol:

You are too subjective. The fact that Sebalter beat Greece, Romania and Ukraine in the Televoting and was close to Russia without Diaspora and Blockvoting is an objective Proof that this was an High-Quality-Entry.

aef

Wow, this is easily the weakest swiss NF for years... Bottom 3 in the SF is guaranteed....

joao

Super Moderator
Staff member

I really like "Compass". Not as in: "I freaking love it", but it's the only one that has personality. The rest are a little bit bland.

Dodiih

Stones is my favourite this year, I hope it'll represent Switzerland
I kinda like Compass, too

Miguel

"Compass" is cool and inviting. Switzerland would be fine if they choose it.

hungo

"stones" is the most sophisticated song in my view. but not sure if the swiss televoters will go for that song. however, it will be difficult to reach the final with any of these six songs. switzerland needs an outstanding act like sebalter 2014.

Kairit

My ranking...

1. Chiara Dubey - Secrets and Lies ... Beautiful. Warm. Ethereal. She has a stunning voice and I actually don't think it's too Disney. Really like this xheart
2. Zibbs - Stones ... It's a strong entry. I wouldn't listen to it, but objectively the best they have. I'm afraid it'll eventually be forgotten if they send it, though.
3. Alejandro Reyes - Compass ... Riding the current pop train so much that it's on the verge of sounding out-dated. That chorus is ... plain annoying. It has some kind of uplifting energy, though.
4. Vanessa Irici - Redlights ... Yawn. Also pretty much the same comment as to "Compass"
5. Angie Ott - A Thousand Times ... Yawn x2
6. Naeman - Kiss Me ... This is genuinely ... not good :lol: These young boys singing these sleazy smooth songs thinking they're cool, when really they all sound the same and have no actual worth is the worst.

One song from here I like... Don't know if they could do well with any of these, but I'd send Secrets and Lies for sure. The more I listen to it, the more I love it and find it to be really special. Nevertheless, I really hope for better for Switzerland than it has gone the last years. It's time!!! :mrgreen:

Mrm

Veteran

Is Angie Ott good live singer?

Mrm

Veteran

[MENTION=14186]SwissKung[/MENTION]

Thanks..then it sounds quite competitive with that powerful entry from the NF.. :)

cripesdude

Woah woah woah... hang on.

I've just stumbled onto the Swiss national selection as I've got some time to kill (I don't normally focus on this NF)...

Secrets and Lies is beautiful. Potential ESC 2017 winner beautiful.

JonnyWest

Chiara with Secrets and Lies is underrated as hell! I hope it surprises everyone and wins the NF... such a beautiful composition and that enchanting voice xbow

Top Bottom