8 4.6%

7 4.0%

3 1.7%

11 6.3%

• Total voters

AlekS

Veteran
Re: SWITZERLAND 2018

Zibbz because of the lyrics or Alejandro Reyes because of the music. 1 huge "meh" to all of them :/

John1

Why does :ch: keep using this selection process, whereas these songs are utterly bland and not memorable enough in order to stand out? There's something wrong or something that I didn't get right.

DaFlo

Banned

Zibbz - Stones is the obvious choice imo, nothing spectacular tho

NNR

Stones is giving me serious Karma Town vibes. I love it.

ParadiseES

i don't think they're that bad. There's not any top entry here, but neither we have in any other NF so far (except for France). I'd go with "Stones".

JonnyWest

Decent final but I have a clear favorite, it's Secrets and Lies... what a beautiful, delicate and enchanting voice Chiara has! xlove

If not then I guess Stones is the 2nd best.

ChrisOL

What a mediocre national final... Sorry, but I guess there will be no final this year again.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

It's time to create our own Ranking. Please vote in the poll below for your favorite Swiss entries. Please hurry, only 60 slots and they fill up quickly.

CLICK HERE

CPV4931

After the fist listening, Zibbz is my clear favorite here, but concerning the overall quality, this Switzerland´s NF won´t be my favorite NF on the season.

aardvark

FSC Mod
Staff member

After reading the primary reaction to these songs, I was really not looking forward to listening to them, and almost didn't.

But I did and I'm glad, it's really not THAT bad. Look, there's no ESC winner here, but about half of them are quite an improvement on the tripe that represented Switzerland the last 3 years. (I'm straining my mind, but I can't actually recall any Swiss entry after Sebalter. Only faint recollections of a woman dressed like a canary.)

Stones is the best, but also Compass is quite good, and I believe there may be a chance of qualification with either of these.

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator

"Stones" is not my type of music, but I really liked it. Powerful and professional. The clear choice. "Secrets And Lies" is good too. Decent quality for a change.

marty

For sure this is an improvement. But i cant find a favourite song out of these six. I am not sure if Switzerland will make it to the final this year. Good luck Switzerland!

Mrm

Veteran

Hmmmmm I think Swiss entries are all right...all of them with good live and attractive, fine performance can qualify at least for Switzerland (it desperately needs final) and maybe even do well..

Angie Ott - "A Thousand Times" reminds me of Sanna Nielsen, it is pretentious a bit, but I like it...with good live it can be very impressive!

Naeman - 'Kiss me" is like MF fast songs for teens, some of them I like, some I hate, this one is fine in studio version

Zibbz - "Stones" sounds really good! :)

Chiara Dubey - "Secrets And Lies" is maybe the best choice knowing that this singer was god live earlier in Swiss NF..but I liked her Italian songs more..this one sounds quite nice though...her voice sounds like Celine Dion at moments..

Alejandro Reyes - "Compass" has really catchy music, with good performance it can be really attractive and quite modern at ESC, at least for televoting..

Vanessa Iraci - "Redlights" - for this one ill be hardest to be good live me thinks..but who knows..

This NF reminds me more to Dansk MGP to be honest! :lol:

I think my fave is Angie Ott - "A Thousand Times", but lives are crucial here...

SwissKung

All the songs are well-procudes but it's so souless, you can feel that many Swedish producers/writter were behind that.

I think I'll support Compass, it has the best chances in my opinion to qualify and we do better with men than women anyway. I also do like Angie Ott entry and know she can sing extremely well live but I'm not sure about it's success at Eurovision.

Schlagerman1

Actually slightly postivily surprised by the selection this time, it is not that horrible as it has been in the past for Switzerland. But it is one clear choice for me, and that is "Compass" by Alejandro Reyes. Catchy, summerish, modern and fun. And finally it is a really good song sung by a cute guy, something that hasn't happened to Switzerland since 2014. Can totally see this pass to the final and do really well, perfect when it is 30 years ago since Celine Dion took the crown. :mrgreen:

theCONWEL

WorldVision Mod
Staff member

Not getting the appeal of "Stones" at all. For me it must be "Redlights" or "Compass"!

EscGeek

Veteran

oh geez switzerland... you're more generic than malta

Zibbz "Stones" is my favorite

Bring back Timebelle

randajad

Veteran

I do not find this bad at all. :eek: Actually, a good lineup from Switzerland, I am impressed.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

I used to put the blame for the unbearable blandness of Swiss entries on the format: force songs through a bunch of different juries, excise a song if it doesn't float the boat of even one of them, end up with six songs that may or may not be good but are always pretty vacuum-packed,* have one song stand out because it sounds professional and vaguely modern (read: has one synth), let that win the NF in a landslide, get hyped for a couple days, collectively realize that it's only standout by Swiss NF standards, flop. But there's clearly something else going on. These songs are no change from any other Swiss national final, even with a more streamlined format. "Kiss Me" and "Compass" are obnoxious and unlistenable, which I guess is interesting, but it's not really a recipe to get me on board. Pick any of them; I can't say I can tell them apart beyond the two particularly bad ones. Heck, pick one of those two. At least I'll give a shit.

*I'll admit to a soft spot for "Fly" from 2015, "Disque d'or"** & "Another World" from 2016, and I guess "Cet air la" from 2017.
** Which wasn't supposed to be in the final 6 anyway.

Top Bottom