If our souls could stay awake
Would we still be lost in emptiness?

When the haze had finally gone
Serene skies haunted dawn
It seemed like we had drifted inside life
When you disappear into the stars
I'll follow you
Where our dreams will last for eternity

After our little journey last edition, Scotland has decided to go back to its roots; to metal. With a band whose member was
Saor's mastermind. Also, Scotland has decided to keep the tradition of sending long entries,
with this one being 4th in a row longer than 6 minutes. I don't think I've ever sent this subgenre
of metal: post-black-metal, though. I decided to take risk once again, clearly overwhelmed
by a Saor qualification a few editions ago, and send this amazing and special song.
I think it has everything an amazing metal song needs to have. 9 minutes of
beautiful and epic metal sounds and then the breathtaking ethereal ending.
Hope that you will enjoy the song and the video!

Thank you for pretty good reaction at LL! :eek: xheart

Re: Scotland • WV64 • Falloch - Where We Believe

Hello my friend. Ah, what can I say? I love you Daniel. Thank you.. thank you so much for your words and beautiful song. You share metal also for us and I feel emotions. I like very much the post-black-metal, and this song has splendour that stirs the soul and touches the heart very deep inside. I don't have words to describe the emotional roller coaster this piece of stunning music takes me on. First Saor and now this. You have metal to move a non metalhead. Please win WorldVision.

Warmest regards, Valentino x

daniels1000

Scotland • WV65 • Fox Amoore - Spirit of the snow

WV65
Fox Amoore - Spirit of the snow

#winteriscoming #notreally

xheart xheart xheart

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
Re: Scotland • WV65 • Fox Amoore - Spirit of the snow

This is a seriously sublime entry! Really beautiful music from my new homeland #fleeingtheBrexit

daniels1000

Re: Scotland • WV66 • Hans Zimmer & Lorne Balfe - In The Beginning

WV66
Hans Zimmer & Lorne Balfe - In The Beginning

xheart xheart xheart

daniels1000

Re: Scotland • WV66 • Hans Zimmer & Lorne Balfe - In The Beginning • WINNER

Even though the new edition has already started (hopefully you're enjoying your stay in Scotland), I still wanna thank once again in this thread to all the voters who made us win the last edition. It was really amazing to win WV after such a long time and to see that Scotland finally started getting amazing results. 2nd and 1st place in a row is just unbelievable. xbow It seems that soundtracks and instrumentals bring me luck. I will almost surely send soundtracks/instrumentals in the future as well. I already have some of them planned and I think there could be a NF with only such songs included at some point in the future.

:12::svea::lv::ma::nrwe::kyus:::subc:mt: xrose xrose xrose
:10::neus::de::fo::sobr: xrose xrose
:8::rs: xrose
:7::lond:::atti::nb:is:
:6::pl:::brit
:5:::mazo::vict
:4::ca::kant:
:2:::iled:jp::eg:
:1:::blgr:ee:

xheart xheart xheart

-----

About my PQ entry; it was really an easy decision. I brought it a few editions ago in case I get PQed one day. Yes, I dreamed about that and I didn't believe it would happen that soon. I really love it so much. I don't think that there's something to hide, most of WVers will hardly be able to get into it. But I really hope to get some unexpected voters. xpray

I can even give some really, really, really, REALLY hard "hint":

daniels1000

Re: SCOTLAND • WV67 • Saor - Pillars of the Earth

WV67
Saor - Pillars of the Earth

xheart xheart xheart xheart xheart xheart xheart xheart xheart xheart xheart xheart xheart xheart xheart xheart xheart xheart xheart xheart xheart xheart xheart xheart xheart xheart xheart xheart

xheart xheart xheart xheart xheart xheart xheart xheart xheart xheart xheart xheart xheart xheart xheart xheart xheart xheart xheart xheart xheart xheart xheart xheart xheart xheart xheart xheart

As my PQ entry, I'm presenting you a song I consider as one of the best songs ever written on this planet (even though, sometimes it doesn't sound like it's from this planet). As I mentioned before, it was really easy to pick my entry this time. I didn't imagine Saor would return to WV so soon. But this was really such a wonderful opportunity to send this song and I'm so glad I got it in my hands. Even though I find all of Saor songs absolutely amazing, I felt like I want to share this one. It's also in my Top 4 of Saor's songs masterpieces, along with "Aura", "Carved in Stone" (which were both sent to WV before) and "Roots" which I all consider as my all-time favorite songs. Also I wanted to send a song from his second album "Aura" again since my WV61 song which qualified to the final was from his first album "Roots". If I'm ever going to send Saor again (xthink :lol:), I probably won't follow the series and send something from his first album again because his third album will have been out by the end of this year.

This song is a perfect example of how atmoshperic celtic black metal sounds at its best. I still think, though, that Saor's songs are beyond regular metal. As Anna explained in LL, it's a journey. Journey through various amazing emotions and melodies among other things. Certainly the most wonderful one. And that is why I find his songs so very special. Also, I'm usually very interested to read lyrics of his songs which is usually not the case with majority of the artists since that is not important for me. And I still find amazing that he does eveything by himself, from playing all the instruments and composing music to writing the lyrics...... If there is only one phrase to describe this song, then I would describe it as metal symphony. One can definitely hear some elements of classical/orchestra music mixed with metal and celtic folk (another argument why I can only laugh at comments from LL that this is not music). And all accompanied with various instruments and female voices is a mix which is simply outstanding and works perfectly. That is also why his songs sound so damn atmospheric. It's not just a random growling which sometimes can be case in metal. There is beautiful music underneath.

Even though every second of this song is absolutely amazing, I still have to mention the part near the end (from 8:50 to 10:30). I seriously, and without exaggerating, almost always feel pain in my stomach from how beautiful that part is. So dreamy, so ethereal, so otherworldly, so atmospheric, so epic ... so superb and wonderful ..... so pleasing to the ears ... and yet it's all put in a box as metal. Just wow. Andy Marshall (aka Saor) is arguably a genius! xbow I think that is one of the best climaxes in a song ever made, along with Moonsorrow's Tulimyrsky one and Carved in Stone's one. At least they come to my mind at this moment. And then after that comes equally beautiful and a super relaxing part with tin whistle and sounds of wind along with a beautiful female ethereal voice which makes such a fascinatingly wonderful outro.

Unfortunately, hosting this edition didn't let me make a video for this song but maybe it will materialize before final.

I hope that some of you will love this song as much as I do! xrose

daniels1000

Re: SCOTLAND • WV67 • Saor - Pillars of the Earth • Vote in WV68 NF!

:sc: WV68 NF :sc:

Finally, for the first time since Scotland is under my reign, my next, 20th, Scottish entry is not going to be decided internally. I've been planning to make a NF for a very long time now and besides, my list has got overloaded in the meantime. In the future, there will probably be much more of Scottish NFs. I thought about making themed NFs first but then I've decided it's maybe smarter to put different songs in the NF since then the possibility that everyone finds something for themselves is higher. I had big problems as what to put in my first NF, but it's a blend of songs I discovered just recently and songs I was planning to send for a longer time.

01. MOGWAI - ETHER

First we're starting with an instrumental post-rock piece by Mogwai. If you're familiar with post-rock scene, you have probably heard of this band. Even though I thought I wouldn't send instrumentals this early after I've just won with one, this one is pretty different and I guess it would have hard time making to the final. I still hope you'll enjoy this beautiful song.

02. KAREN MATHESON - AILEIN DUINN

Next we have a very known, traditional Scottish song/lament sung by the wonderful Karen Matheson, who has already represented Scotland with Amazing Grace. This is the first and the last song in this NF which has a very distinct Scottish feel (yes, I'm as surprised as you are). So if you're reading the text first, do expect Gaelic language, tin whistles and other typical Scottish instruments. I heard a few covers of this song and I believe this is definitely the best one. Karen's beautiful voice fits the song great and the whole "package" simply works perfectly.

03. ALI MURRAY - DEATH COMES HOWLING

It's time to get the songs about death out *hears someone somewhere on the coast of the Pacific Ocean screaming from happiness*. I was sure I would include this spellbinding ethereal folk piece in this NF. It's interestingly the only song in this NF whose length is around the average length of a Scottish song. It's absolutely surprising and sad at the same time that this artist is so extremely unknown. He has only 488 likes on Facebook and 330 listeners on last.fm. He certainly deserves much more attention.

04. KARLIENE - BOUDICA

Once again, a singer who has already represented Scotland. However, this time it wasn't me who sent her. This song does have a bit of Scottish feel, however accompained with the typical GoT-ish (and ravishing) atmoshpere of Karliene's songs.

05. CURRENT 93 - A SAD SADNESS SONG

*Pacific's screaming again* You guessed it correctly, we're back to death, pain and sorrow, as the title might suggest. The ethereal voice of the wonderful Scottish artist Rose McDowall you can hear in this song makes a song which is already achingly beautiful ©[SUP]Kai[/SUP] and touching even more so.

COPY-PASTE LIST
Mogwai - Ether
Karen Matheson - Ailein Duinn
Ali Murray - Death Comes Howling
Karliene - Boudica
Current 93 - A Sad Sadness Song

DEADLINE
TBA

RANKING SYSTEM
:5::4::3::2::1:
or
:6::4::3::1::1:
or
:6::4::2::2::1:

Pick whichever you want.

And now a "few" mentions to those who might be interested to vote in this NF:
[MENTION=12033]Nicholas123[/MENTION] [MENTION=8788]chontono[/MENTION] [MENTION=12837]JamieBrown[/MENTION] [MENTION=11993]whiteshoes[/MENTION] [MENTION=11243]ZoboCamel[/MENTION] [MENTION=10639]as78[/MENTION] [MENTION=14505]Lupus[/MENTION] [MENTION=7797]AdelAdel[/MENTION] [MENTION=12848]MARCOMEN[/MENTION] [MENTION=14007]lavieenrose[/MENTION] [MENTION=4724]EurovisionSmile[/MENTION] [MENTION=9441]RainyWoods[/MENTION] [MENTION=4597]Stargazer[/MENTION] [MENTION=11728]Alex1211ander[/MENTION]

Oh well..... Let me try a few more xheat [MENTION=15070]John1[/MENTION] [MENTION=15323]Eulaliya[/MENTION] [MENTION=14424]Genesis[/MENTION] [MENTION=15013]Ringdalen[/MENTION] [MENTION=8763]Gera11[/MENTION] [MENTION=6519]Tinchey[/MENTION]

Of course, don't feel any pressure to vote here.

Everyone else is absolutely welcome to vote in this NF! I just mentioned those who I think should enjoy at least one song here. However, please vote ONLY if you like at least one song.

If you're interested; I can hold LL later this week, let me know!

Thank you very much for your attention and I hope you will enjoy the listening! xrose

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

giphy.gif

Oh my gosh, achingly beautiful songs about death. Slay my body.

You will of course receive my votes here Daniel. I'm kind of slow with NFs this edition. There are still many I haven't voted in, including some i've been invited to. You might have to get out some special @s for me. I'm very excited to hear the songs though and send you a small novel containing my feelings for each of the pieces on offer here.

LastDreamer

Banned

Song # 4 is not bad.

Eulaliya

:mt: has voted! Well done Daniel on selecting songs that give me chills, epicness and mystery everytime. And as for my top two, I could listen and feel them forever!

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member

Karliene and Ailein Duinn xheat Will vote soon!

Lupus

Piece of Wonk

Aiming to vote tomorrow (possibly Thursday)! :)

daniels1000

Saor - Pillars of the Earth
11th place, 143 points

xheart xheart xheart xheart

:12:::gl:is::lv::svea:::nb xrose xrose xrose
:10::in::ie::pl: xrose xrose
:8:::atti:nrwe: xrose
:7:::blgr:kant::paci: xrose
:6::de:
:5::mt:
:4:::mazo Northern Savonia
:3::jp:
:2::mx:
:1::sk:

xheart xheart xheart xheart

Once again, I deeply wanna thank to all my dear voters who voted for my all-time-favorite artist Saor and for one of my all-time-favorite songs "Pillars of the Earth". I'm amazed that I've managed to get 14 more points than last time Saor made it to the final with "Carved in Stone" and also that he was placed one place higher and was so close to reaching the Top 10. I thought this song is even harder to get into it as it's pure atmospheric black metal but I'm really so happy to see that Saor can once again do miracles and bring me some unexpected votes as I know how polarizing his songs are. 11th place is a truly amazing result for 12 minutes of atmospheric black metal and it's great to see that there are supporters of this special music in WV. Also, I don't know how I managed to do it but I received all the votes from 12 to 1 (if I count OP :mrgreen:). I thought that similar would happen like last time; majority of votes being either 0 or top pointers. Even though it still wasn't too far from that since I managed to reach that 11th place with 4th lowest number of voters. Also, I have to notice that this was a final with quite a few of Pot F-ish songs but I still managed to receive so many top pointers. And what I also have to notice is that the last time it happened (if I'm not mistaken) was exactly the edition in which Saor made it to the final. He brings us luck. xqueenbitch

Thank you so much once again for this wonderful reception. I'm very glad that I always get a lot of supporters for Saor and that makes me continue sharing his songs. Which means that you shouldn't be surprised to see him for the 4th time in WV, especially once his new album comes out. Even though I kinda don't want to ruin the reputation he has at this moment and DNQ for him would surely hurt me much more than it may usually do. Especially since I still can't forget that most unfortunate DNQ of him the first time I've sent him to WV.

ShoeFlo

I will vote here tomorrow, dans, but I'm sure it will be a hell of a task. :) xheart

Oh yes, ranking these songs was painful. I warn you. Quality is way too high. You better have a breathing apparatus with you for the case that you get too much excited

EurovisionSmile

Veteran

^^ xheart Thanks dear Flo for worrying about my health/heart condition in this "going to be a stressful situation". :lol:

daniels1000

Oh guys xfaint I don't wanna be responsible for some of the possible health problems because of my NF. That's a deal, next time I'll make a Tallia Storm NF.

even though then you'll need a breathing apparatus because of other reasons xshifty

ZoboCamel

Re: SCOTLAND • Vote in WV68 NF!

:jp: has finally gotten around to voting! What a spectacular NF this was; I think it might be the best I've seen since joining. Not a single bad song in there. Since you're a mod, are you able to just twist the rules a little and send all five entries for this edition? :lol:

Top Bottom