15 8.7%

11 6.4%

8 4.6%

5 2.9%

18 10.4%

• Total voters

blue00eyes

Re: POLAND 2018

Edyta Górniak's new song by Donatan will be out tomorrow, I hope it's good.. I know she said she's giving up ESC once and for all after NF'16 but who knows... xthink

A-lister

Veteran

Edyta Górniak's new song by Donatan will be out tomorrow, I hope it's good.. I know she said she's giving up ESC once and for all after NF'16 but who knows... xthink

Oh she's releasing a song by Donatan? Could be interesting...

She shouldn't give up if she has something to offer, her 2016 entry was lame so if she's blaming the results on other aspects she's deluding herself...

blue00eyes

Oh she's releasing a song by Donatan? Could be interesting...

She shouldn't give up if she has something to offer, her 2016 entry was lame so if she's blaming the results on other aspects she's deluding herself...
Yes, Cleo worked with them too.

She had so much faith in "Grateful", she wouldn't risk if the song wasn't true to herself. If I was her, I would never try ESC again, but she's too unpredictable to put an X on her already

Yoozek

She had so much faith in "Grateful"

As much as I loved it, faith isn't enough. She didn't practice the song enough while Szpak did.

blue00eyes

lyric video.. not bad, would be better in English :rolleyes: It not suitable for the contest anyway, it has no Eurovision build up

revallsay

Well, I didn't like it at all, but I didn't expect it to be any near to be nice.

simonPL

Not bad.

But those "deep" lyrics by Cleo... yup, incredible artistry in poetry is still her identification mark.

blue00eyes

That's why I've said it should be done in English. Still better than Gosia's "bad dogs bark and I go far" kind of lyrics. :D

A-lister

Veteran

Yes, Cleo worked with them too.

She had so much faith in "Grateful", she wouldn't risk if the song wasn't true to herself. If I was her, I would never try ESC again, but she's too unpredictable to put an X on her already

With them? I mean Cleo started out with Donatan so...

So she was deluding herself then because the song was weak, personal taste aside.

A-lister

Veteran

That's why I've said it should be done in English. Still better than Gosia's "bad dogs bark and I go far" kind of lyrics. :D

Yeah because bad translated English lyrics is even better :lol:

Gosia who?

simonPL

Oh, c'mon! This line is a masterpiece! xheart :D

Well, Polish language is very flexible that's why songwriters have a huge room to create something good. Cleo definitely is not one of those writers who can use power of the language. I don't think it's a bad thing if song is catchy and it has simple vocabulary, but Cleo as an "writer" is really close to graphomania. Her songs are full of cliches and sometimes it sounds like random words were included just to be suited to the music. Katarzyna Nosowska, a famous Polish rock singer, uses more clever and brilliant words in her short and funny instagram videos that she records offhand than Cleo in her finished songs.

Edyta's new song sounds really good and I like it, but even her fans say on YT that lyrics are a little bit stupid.
"Czas unosi jak wiatr, sprawca erozji nas" - this is cherry on top. I don't know even how to translate it to English, because it already sounds like made by google translator. ;d

blue00eyes

"Czas unosi jak wiatr, sprawca erozji nas" - this is cherry on top. I don't know even how to translate it to English, because it already sounds like made by google translator. ;d
I quite like that one :oops: sure it's a bit weird and a bit forced to create a rhyme but it does make sense :lol:

We don't have many good songwriters here in Poland to be honest, many artists write lyrics themselves - Cleo, Sarsa, Doda, Grzeszczak, Dąbrowska just to name a few and they are all on top.

kayak

What do you think about Melika ?
I text her through messenger, and she replied to me:
Good morning, thank you for the nice words. We have put a lot of work and heart into this song in order to inspire such positive emotions :) We haven't received any invitation, i am not sure if our music fits into the concept of the competition. But if this chance appears, why not to get it!! :)

kayak

^ It does not fit in Eurovision :)

I think this fits. How about this year's winner? This is a good piece of music, so why not send this song? I hate other polish "proposals". They are shitty, forgettable, flat. Poland has to experiment, otherwise we always loose. Please correct me, if i am wrong.

blue00eyes

I think this fits. How about this year's winner? This is a good piece of music, so why not send this song? I hate other polish "proposals". They are shitty, forgettable, flat. Poland has to experiment, otherwise we always loose. Please correct me, if i am wrong.
It's maybe a matter of taste because I don't listen to such music often, but for me the song is also forgettable, I don't remember the chorus at all. It's indeed different than the stuff we usually hear at Eurovision or national selections and we need to send more daring entries but I wish the melody line or chorus were more memorable.

Sorry, I dislike :pt: 2017 aswell as it does nothing to me, my personal favs were :bg: and :be: :p

Top Bottom