5 2.9%

18 10.4%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
poland_640.png

revallsay

Re: POLAND 2018

I hope we'll be there. I fear we might widthraw, because of juries...

blue00eyes

I don't think we will withdraw. I fear no one famous will do Eurovision. Whatever we send is trampled by juries.

lowyby

.... Stop whining. The only good thing at this entry was Kasia Mos herself but the song was pretty bad.

If you want Jury points, start sending good entries, last time you did was 2014.

blue00eyes

.... Stop whining. The only good thing at this entry was Kasia Mos herself but the song was pretty bad.

If you want Jury points, start sending good entries, last time you did was 2014.
2014 was punished by juries too.

lowyby

2014 was punished by juries too.

Yeah ofcourse they tried to sell the songs by boobs ofcourse the juries will punish that haha

But 2015 - 2017 wasn't punishing, that was just juries having brains.

Send a great song & the juries will give you a Portugal-treatment ;)

Whoever thought 5 years ago that the top 4 would consist of Portugal, Bulgaria, Moldova & Belgium?
Stop whining, everything is possible with good songs

revallsay

Yeah ofcourse they tried to sell the songs by boobs ofcourse the juries will punish that haha

Whoever thought 5 years ago that the top 4 would consist of Portugal, Bulgaria, Moldova & Belgium?

so you think 2016 was a bad entry? it had a lot: great voice, nice and rememable melody, good lyrics, maybe the staging wasn't the best I can agree, but c'mon...

DanielLuis

I mean, come on. Portugal, Bulgaria, Moldova and Belgium were the top 4 last night. If this doesn't show you anyone can do well, then what will?

lowyby

so you think 2016 was a bad entry? it had a lot: great voice, nice and rememable melody, good lyrics, maybe the staging wasn't the best I can agree, but c'mon...

It had everything except a nice song.
It's still a SONG contest

revallsay

It had everything except a nice song.
It's still a SONG contest

Please explain why Macedonia didn't qualify. Song was great. Remember do not say that here singing wasn't great, as the song matters. Next example FInland. Please explain.

blue00eyes

LOL boobs came along with the lyrics and the message and to laugh at stereotypes. Juries are hypocrites, I remember one of the member from UK jury, she was offended by boobs and gave us last place, yet she had her own boobs showed off on her instagram.. Jealous b#tch ;D

lowyby

Macedonia didn't qualify because indeed, her vocals were off and the stage looked empty af.

Well it's her own instagram, it's not like she shoves those boobs down your face on national television isn't it?

Gosh you Polish fans are protective & delusional.

blue00eyes

Macedonia didn't qualify because indeed, her vocals were off and the stage looked empty af.

Well it's her own instagram, it's not like she shoves those boobs down your face on national television isn't it?

Gosh you Polish fans are protective & delusional.
And why Finland didn't make it? They were so classy and the song had a spirit. Brilliant song, vocals on point xshrug

lowyby

CASH ME OUSSIDE. HOWBOWDAH.

Macedonia didn't qualify because:
- The song was great in studio version but didn't translate well on stage (staging + vocals were messy)
- She performed third, there are much better draws to perform that kind of song from
- The song was good but not original at all. The composer having three songs in this contest this year says enough.
- Taste is SUBJECTIVE, no need to bash juries for that (except when we're talking about Australia)
- STFU & move on, there will be a year when Poland sends a good song & will score points
- Who ever thought Belgium would score much higher in the televote than in the jury with all the diaspora we have mate ;)

revallsay

You cannot say Poland sent bad songs in 2014 and 2016. Both were good and the viewers seemed to like them. Please don't use the stupid diaspora card, because other countries have a diaspora too. Armenia has a great one, Greece too.

It's not about the good/bad song. Look at 2015, Hungary qualified with a very bad and weak song, but people liked it and let it into the Final. I write this to show that sometimes good songs do poorly and bad ones do well. Your comment is irrelevant here.

lowyby

You cannot say Poland sent bad songs in 2014 and 2016. Both were good and the viewers seemed to like them. Please don't use the stupid diaspora card, because other countries have a diaspora too. Armenia has a great one, Greece too.

It's not about the good/bad song. Look at 2015, Hungary qualified with a very bad and weak song, but people liked it and let it into the Final. I write this to show that sometimes good songs do poorly and bad ones do well. Your comment is irrelevant here.

... Hungary 2015 was one of my favourites...
What you don't get is that taste is subjective.

simonPL

I have mixed feelings about jury points for Poland.

On the one hand, I think our bad results in jury voting is more like an acumulation of bad coincidentes than "hate" or something. I don't feel like it's a conspiracy. When I see how juries vote in every country I feel like this is not "professional" group of five, but just random people with their own tastes and beliefs. I remember that I was very upset when they gave us a few points in 2014, because in my opinon this is our best entry ever and finishing at 5th position in televoting proves that. Anyway, I CAN imagine why they didn't vote for Poland in 2014, 2015 and 2016, but I must admit that so weak result of Kasia surprised me a little bit.

That's why on the other hand I feel kind of dissapointed as well. It would be more fair if power of jury votes was like 25%, not 50. Look at this year's result of Australia. Juries have too much power and sadly for Poland, we can discuss about it every year. That's why people are upset - I mean in general, not only in Poland but hey - just read this forum. :)

I agree, all the competiton is not only about song and performance (but this is VERY important ofc) but this is about personal taste, neighbours, tactic and running order as well, especially in jury part of voting. In Poland, there was a belief that Kasia Moś' song is jury-friendly and we still got only few points. It's funny how we are excided about 12 points from every country and it takes a while to announuce all those "12" and in fact... very often this is not even connected with taste of particular nation, because 5 people voted one way or another.

Speaking of POLAND 2018, I can see that Carmell (winner of televoting, not jury voting in NF 2017 :p) is going to participate one more time. She liked every simple comment on Facebook when fans asked her to do it. She just released her debut music video and this is good.

But as I said, the most imporant thing is A SONG. So I don't want to speculate. Look at Belgium this year, Blanche voice is not spectacular and many people think that she is untalented and can't sing. She finished 4th. In my opinion "Cool Me Down" would have this kind of result though there was a lot of hate of Margaret, but she is officialy out of the list and she said that she is not interested in participating in the future.

We'll see. This is just a tv-show. :) I hope we won't withdraw.
Poland is on the road, good track. It would be stupid to go down now. I expect a good song and finally good staging, pleaaassseee.

But Kasia should be a little bit higher, true.

Top Bottom