15 8.7%

11 6.4%

8 4.6%

5 2.9%

18 10.4%

• Total voters

simonPL

Re: POLAND 2018

Oh, great. Ballad from Poland? Such a brand new idea! ;)

Personally, I don't think Sylwia Grzeszczak is able to finish in top 10, because all her songs are for sad 15YO Polish girls, she has a voice, but many huge voices lost with good songs every year, and Sylwia has any spectacular song so far, so I don't feel like she can make something good for Eurovision. I'd prefer Natalia Szroeder, she's going to participate in NF (if there will be any), but the key word is a SONG. :)

I can see similarity between Margaret and Blanche. Both of them were criticized because of lack of voice, being untalented etc. etc. and Blanche ended up at 4th place. I am pretty sure that "Cool Me Down" would have result as good as "City Lights". Margaret is not interested in Eurovision anymore, but who knows? "What You Do" is released worldwide but after a good debut on Spotify in some countries, it is still popular only in Poland, Sweden and a little bit in Russia (according to iTunes and airplay). Maybe she'll change her mind if her new singles won't be as much popular abroad as CMD. :p

Last week I've heard a disco-polo (?) song called "Nie daj życiu się" by After Party band and it thought that it would be good for ESC.. and I felt Verka Serduchka vibes, so... yes... even me... I am broken. :p But still - IMO 95% of disco-polo songs are weak, pathetic and bad produced - sometimes I watch POLO TV for a while and this is so hard to find something, well, at least "only okay". I still prefer us to send something catchy but modern. We'll see.

I keep my fingers crossed for something new from Carmell... and another singers as well. :)

simonPL

"What You Do" live from Sweden:

I think this kind of song would be good for Eurovision:

But Kayah and president of TVP hate each other, so... :p

RomanFromRussia

Poland needs to send Enej, juries won't kill it THAT much.

Why juries placed Poland low in previous years:
2017: Nothing to outstand
2016: Absolutely dated song, it may be liked by fans etc. but it is a song of 1986
2015: Ehm, I was surprised in a bad way when she got through with this song
2014: It was a bit too much with boobs.

randajad

Veteran

2016: Absolutely dated song, it may be liked by fans etc. but it is a song of 1986
I thought Enej were from Ukraine? :)

Mrm

Veteran

Sarsa, go to Lisbon!! xlove xheart xyaaay

Sopot 2019!!! xbow

simonPL

Sometimes I think she plays with us all the time releasing 3-minute-long songs or releasing a new music video on September 1st.

(I think the video may be geo-blocked, because she posted it on Facebook and post was visible probably only in Poland :S)

blue00eyes

It's gonna be someone with bad English

2014 : bad English (as Cleo was not too confident to speak it)
2015 : good English
2016 : bad English
2017 : good English
2018 : bad English :)

Realest

2017: Then why did the Juries like Slovenia 2011 or UK 2009 so much?
2016: Why did the Juries like Malta 2010, 2011, 2017?
2015: Who did deserve the qualification more than Poland?
2014: Then why did the Juries like Netherlands 2017?

RomanFromRussia

2017: Then why did the Juries like Slovenia 2011 or UK 2009 so much?
2016: Why did the Juries like Malta 2010, 2011, 2017?
2015: Who did deserve the qualification more than Poland?
2014: Then why did the Juries like Netherlands 2017?

2017: In 2009 and 2011 who had the same genre and type of song? Moreover, not that kind of lyrics fire-higher-desire-wire
2016: Malta was not even in final come on
2015: Hm, Portugal, Malta, Ireland, Switzerland, Czech Republic, like anyone except San Marino (imo)
2014: Seriously? Performance of Poland was like a slutty one, I'm not even surprised it distracted jurors. NL 2017 was just about vocals and emotions.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

I can't help but think of the ":pl:-gets-screwed-by-juries" argument through a compare & contrast with the inverse, ":pl: gets de-screwed (? favored unfairly?) through block/diaspora voting." The jury argument has a touch more credence, I think, in that the explanation makes a little bit of sense. It's possible that the perception of bloc voting encourages jurors to think of their "objective" role as something which HAS to counterbalance that. And unlike televoting, a few people thinking this way could really change things, given that there are only 5 jurors per country but thousands of televoters. But, like an introductory economics course or describing Eurovision as "like American Idol," making sense is not the same as being accurate. The juries are an older audience who consider hit potential, and I can think of only one of their entries (2015, and I guess there's maybe something there to consider) that isn't going to turn off people who think like that. Not to mention that EVERY jury has voted down Poland recently, not just the ones where a Polish diaspora is perceived to be present, and just about in equal measure. This is another signal to me that there's something else stopping Poland from having jury appeal rather than just the perception of a diaspora leading to bias.

Realest

2017: In 2009 and 2011 who had the same genre and type of song? Moreover, not that kind of lyrics fire-higher-desire-wire
2016: Malta was not even in final come on
2015: Hm, Portugal, Malta, Ireland, Switzerland, Czech Republic, like anyone except San Marino (imo)
2014: Seriously? Performance of Poland was like a slutty one, I'm not even surprised it distracted jurors. NL 2017 was just about vocals and emotions.

2017: Johanna and Chiara had same Kind of Songs.
2016: The fact that Malta didnt reach the Final doesnt change anything about it, that Malta was 8th Time in a row in Juries Top10 in the Semfinal while Poland was eliminated 4th Time in a row although at least Kasia had a very very "Juryfriendly" song.
2015: Id rather switch Cyprus and Lithuania for Czech Republic and Malta instead Poland but the other three you mentioned are garbage in my opinion.
2014: Germany had 2009 also a slutty performance and was very liked by the Juries, so...

I think there are no musical excuses. I didnt follow polish politics, maybe they have a bad reputation. Or Juries really think that they must destroy Diasporacountries.

tuorem

Personally, I think Poland has been treated very harshly by juries for no valid reason lately.

2014: the only expected bad result to me was for "My Słowianie" because it was too out there, different, assertive and rap-ish for them. Although the presentation was on point and in line with the lyrics, it didn't help because they certainly thought it was too folkloric and attention-whorish.

2015: "In The Name Of Love" wasn't a brilliant song by any means to me - both musically and vocally - but then again, Malta could send the same song and end up in their top 10, so I don't see why it couldn't work for Poles.

2016: "Color Of Your Life" was never going to be a jury favourite, but melodically and vocally, it should have guaranteed a mid-table placing at least. By the way, the "it was dated" argument isn't relevant, juries have constantly supported dated ballads.

2017: imo "Flashlight" was the Polish ballad with the most jury appeal, yet they didn't support it. Bottom 5 was totally unworthy of "music experts" tbh: how was it significantly worse than Denmark and its mid-table placing for instance? In the meantime, Australia and The Netherlands reached the top 5 out of nowhere and Finland didn't qualify :lol: So yeah, it's more of a lottery than anything else, quality is secondary sometimes.

Realest

Its not the fault of the singer and songs. Poland is no juryfriendly country in the Opposite of Malta and especially Australia. Thats the Truth.

blue00eyes

I always think that juries keep in mind we are capable of doing very well with televote and therefore they feel the need to rank us down.

Top Bottom