15 8.7%

11 6.4%

8 4.6%

5 2.9%

18 10.4%

• Total voters

blue00eyes

Re: POLAND 2018

I hope it won't be Krajowe Eliminacje again. I don't think it does work.

simonPL

^

Yes, but we need a change in decision making team as well. Regardless of a way of selection (internal choice or national final). Because with the current team there is a big chance that a perfect existing song will be not even considered.

mgru

1. Well written song. Well produced song.
2. We need to get rid of the no-name 'stars' in the jury.
3. Talented singer who can sing live.
4. Likeable performer, so people are excited to back him/her up.

Overall this years preselections showed we have something there - like Carmell who was my favourite and still is on my playlist.

As long as we keep sending quality songs and singers (and Kasia WAS imo a quality singer, with weak song unfortunately) we will be fine.

Patrycja

Festival da Canção didn't work for Portugal also and look what happened ;)
The only thing you need is the perfect song

So simple and so hard to do. When I first heard Kasia I thought it was a good, powerful and dark ballad with potential... But after few times the song was very irritating. The sound, the voice. Those are of course my remarks. But juries are not ok as well. I mean especially many points to Moldova (typical provincial music like popular in Poland disco polo). With 'Flashlight' the 21st place was a good place after I thought we stay in semi.

Next year I'd like to see something energetic, but professional. Unfortunately I don't even know which of young vocalists and bands are popular now.

revallsay

You can kill me, but honestly, I think disco polo would slay. Just take a look at crowd in the performance of Italy or Moldova. Take a look at Verka.

This would rock and do not tell me it wouldn't.

simonPL

Margaret would be a great choice, but she is not interested in ESC anymore. Her new single "What You Do" will be released worldwide anyway, so I think she is focusing on her career without Eurovison, but maybe she will change her mind someday.

Disco-polo? I wouldn't compare it to Moldova, because Moldova is still well produced.
I think D-P would slay like Montenegro this year or Pertti Kurikan Nimipäivät from Finland in 2015.
Anyway, I hope we won't be never forced to check that on the ESC stage.

JUST NO.

blue00eyes

Disco-polo would give us a Szpak result. Low with juries as always and high with televote. I really start to believe in this tbh.

jimijoop

Banned

Disco polo is good for parties but this genre is very unsuitable for Eurovision.

Poland sends Disco Polo at Eurovision it's like Bulgaria sends Chalga, Germany sends Schlager, Romania sends Manele, Serbia sends Turbofolk etc

Also the juries don't like these type of songs.

At least Moldova had decent radiofriendly dance song.

CaraMia

Another one for disco polo here! It would be so unexpected in a good way. And it reminds me somehow of pimba music. Portuguese people would be like "Is this Polish pimba???" and they would love it! Also, it's very catchy and the televote would vote for it for sure! :D

Alaska49

poland can absolutely do well with juries if they succeed at playing that game. this year was the first time they even tried to since their comeback and like, flashlight was a boring oversung mess, so the juries understandably went "no thanks".

A-lister

Veteran

Well, Poland has two major obstacles in ESC...

...the first one is obviously with TVP that are clueless about how to handle this, they did it right in 2014 but since then we got one lame amateur ballad after the other (and no, I'm not saying they are lame because they are ballads, simply they are lame because they are badly produced, boring, messy and/-or dated). The National Selection is a big mess just like it was when the concept was used before the come back, simply a bunch of amateurs with an amateur show and songs that all sounds like they're demos. TVP really need to re-think this, I think they should have the mindset as in 2014 and as Bulgaria currently has, to really try to find and convince popular acts with hit songs to take part and choose internally, because none of them would want to humiliate themselves by taking part in the awful national selection show only to loose out to something worse (hello Margaret!) and that's one of the reasons the national final is filled with a bunch of no-name amateurs.

The second obstacle is the obvious bias from the juries in ESC that are systematically and purposely voting down Poland, surely the low quality entries don't help, but it's not as if Poland is always in the bottom bunch as the juries think (I'd say more in the middle), so there's something fishy here aswell, it was certainly apparent in 2014 and 2016, but also the other years.

A-lister

Veteran

Is this disco polo too? I like it) (104,990,496 views!)

The juries would kill Poland if sending disco-polo, on the other hand the juries hate Poland regardless of what they send, I'm pretty sure a song like this would fair better than most Polish entries, in fact this (and the "better" disco polo songs) are better than 90% of what Poland sent to Eurovision so far so... which probably says more about the quality of Polish ESC entries but still :lol:

jimijoop

Banned

Edyta Kaminska for Poland:

2017 : Italian singer who sings in Polish tried to represent Poland in Eurovision
2018 : Polish singer who sings in Italian will try to represent Poland in Eurovision?

blue00eyes

Who even is she ? We want famous people!

Sylwia Grzeszczak will do Eurovision someday maybe, she said that in an interview yesterday :eek: With a ballad.

Top Bottom