flag-800.png

Okay, I feel the rhythm
Something's going on here
The music flows through my veins

It's taking over me, it's slowly kicking in
My eyes are blinking and I don't know what is happening
I can't control it, don't wanna end it
There's no one here and I don't care
I feel it's safe to dance alone (dance alone)

Dance alone (dance alone), dance alone (dance alone)
Dance alone (dance alone), dance alone (dance alone)
Dance alone (dance alone), dance alone

Let's discoteque right at my home
It is okay to dance alone
Dance alone, dance alone (alone)
Dance alone (alone), dance alone (alone)
I got the moves, it's gonna blow

Dance alone, dance alone
Dance alone, dance alone

By dancing on my own
I'm healing wounded soul
My body's shaking, heart is breaking
Have to let it go
I need to get up and put my hands up
There's no one here and I don't care
I feel it's safe to dance alone

Dance alone, dance alone (alone)
Dance alone (alone), dance alone (alone)

Dance alone, dance alone
Dance alone, dance alone

It is okay to dance alone​

Last edited by a moderator:

BernadetteCydonia

Ok, ok. So now it's clearly won I can truly say what I think and yes this is yet again another Ashley attacking a fan fave NF winner, yawn. I know x. But well, this song is one steaming turd of nothing. xheart Last year the song was alright, I enjoyed it but thought the staging carried it and that it was far too 'edgy' for what was a rather run of the mill song. This year it is a whole other thing, the song is literally nothing. I'm well and truly perplexed as to why this song is even hyped at all other than OmgItsTheRoopLetsHype, it's not catchy, it's not amusing, it's literally not even memorable. It's entirely reliant on that staging which let's be honest, is utterly ridiculous. Anyone who knows me knows I love a good joke hit [cite; iconic pot lady from Peru (click for a good time) ] but I don't find anything about this staging or song amusing or funny. It's literally like they've tried to play off from their entry this year but gone one step further and it just looks like some super poor attempt at a mediocre joke entry that isn't even funny in the slightest. If anything that staging with the arm flailing annoys me. The calibre for what is funny must be very low if this passes. One Fire did it far better, it still felt like a serious attempt with something extra. This is just one mess waiting to get ignored by the juries. A scathing 1 point as I really DON'T like it.
lately I notice you don't like a lot of the entries I like xD not that there's anything wrong with that but yeah

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
lately I notice you don't like a lot of the entries I like xD not that there's anything wrong with that but yeah

Don't worry there is a lot more chances for us to match. xheat

VikingTiger

Discoteque is huge step up for the usual lithuanian entries.
But the live performance is key here. I feel that the Roop has been able to come up with a new live show that is typical for their style - but without just repeating themselves. It's a real pleasure watching the live performance.
But I also have to judge the entry by the song. Listening to only the song I am not too impressed. I still like the song though, although not on repeat in my playlist.
I am ending up on a solid 8.

Volkisistan

Just like last year's entry this isn't my cup of tea. I agree with the people who feel that this is more about weird dance moves and wanting to be a meme than about an actual song. I do dislike it even more because of all the hype it has been getting. Stupid of me,I know, but what can I do?

I sure hope that The Roop pull a Francesco Gabbani in Rotterdam and that LT United will remain the most successful Lithuanian entry. And if not... well, Lithuania deserves a top 3 result for all the great songs they gave us. If the only way to achieve that is sending a freak show, than let it be so.

Sammy

Veteran
Just like last year's entry this isn't my cup of tea. I agree with the people who feel that this is more about weird dance moves and wanting to be a meme than about an actual song. I do dislike it even more because of all the hype it has been getting. Stupid of me,I know, but what can I do?

I sure hope that The Roop pull a Francesco Gabbani in Rotterdam and that LT United will remain the most successful Lithuanian entry. And if not... well, Lithuania deserves a top 3 result for all the great songs they gave us. If the only way to achieve that is sending a freak show, than let it be so.
I totally understand your feelings. The more people hype a song one doesn't like the less you like the song. I have experienced this with some examples in the past.

On the other hand - do you really think this is a freak show? That seems to me a bit harsh.

mauve

Veteran
In my case, it's rather the opposite; I like the staging and the performance, but I just don't like the song at all. I really tried hard to understand the hype, but I just don't get it. The song is weak, it's just the performance that uplifts the show.

Volkisistan

I totally understand your feelings. The more people hype a song one doesn't like the less you like the song. I have experienced this with some examples in the past.

On the other hand - do you really think this is a freak show? That seems to me a bit harsh.
Yes, I do. Not in the way freak shows used to be, when people who suffered from anomalies were being kept like animals of course. But in a way of "Look at us! We are different! Look at how I wiggle my hand above my head! Isn't that innovative and artsy?"
There isn't much of a song in my opinion, and so they use the fact that the cliché ESC viewer loves things that are different just because they are different. And that is what I mean when I say "freak show".
I really don't mean to offend anyone by that choice of words, I just don't know how to express it differently without having to use more than two words.

Sammy

Veteran
Yes, I do. Not in the way freak shows used to be, when people who suffered from anomalies were being kept like animals of course. But in a way of "Look at us! We are different! Look at how I wiggle my hand above my head! Isn't that innovative and artsy?"
There isn't much of a song in my opinion, and so they use the fact that the cliché ESC viewer loves things that are different just because they are different. And that is what I mean when I say "freak show".
I really don't mean to offend anyone by that choice of words, I just don't know how to express it differently without having to use more than two words.
I think I know what you mean.

PeteLouisThe2nd

I like the performance and the song. Great job yet again!
They're really bringing it again this year.

But ehhm, is it me, or is the zipper of his pants down in the last parts of the national final performance?

xshrug

ory26

I don't see the appeal of the song. After the first minute, the curiosity is over and it's just 2 minutes of boredom !!

"On Fire" could have won, this one will be lucky to be in the top 10.

ESC94

I´m very sorry, but I´m afraid the hype train has to leave without me once again. :(

I wasnt even a huge fan of "On Fire" last year, but I could understand what some people saw in this song. But here the formula is already pretty old for me. The style of singing is still not my cup of tea and the hand movements look even more strange than last year for me. Actually after 90 seconds I only looked at the movements and completely forgot the music, at the second listening I really focused on the song but found out that I didn´t miss all that much.

Sorry :lt:, but I really don´t get this. For me these are only :3:, with a huge potential to get downgraded later in the season. (n)

Since I can already see this being a very unpopular post I´m already hiding somewhere. xscared

crashworld

Veteran
I am still waiting for LRT to upload Gebrasy's performance at the finals so I can enjoy this masterpiece again.
And still waiting for Martyna to upload "Thank You Very Much" on Spotify.

cegs5

I saw Lithuania got a hype and decided to have a look at their entry. The song itself isn’t too bad, but too good either... tolerable for 3 minutes background at least.
My main issue is the staging and the full concept of it. It’s a definition of trying too hard leading to emptiness. It just seems they saved everything what they were praised for last year and brought it now in a mixed salad of nothing.
The message is about being yourself and letting the music/rythm flow on your veins... but then they perform a ridiculous rehearsed choreography that defeat the whole concept, it’s just not serving what they are selling. Unfortunately, they are relying too much on the staging, which is precisely their failure.

opinionsigotem

I've said it before, maybe in this very thread, but it reminds me of a song that The Bee Gees would release today to get TikTok streams if they were still alive/active.

Top Bottom