flag-800.png

Okay, I feel the rhythm
Something's going on here
The music flows through my veins

It's taking over me, it's slowly kicking in
My eyes are blinking and I don't know what is happening
I can't control it, don't wanna end it
There's no one here and I don't care
I feel it's safe to dance alone (dance alone)

Dance alone (dance alone), dance alone (dance alone)
Dance alone (dance alone), dance alone (dance alone)
Dance alone (dance alone), dance alone

Let's discoteque right at my home
It is okay to dance alone
Dance alone, dance alone (alone)
Dance alone (alone), dance alone (alone)
I got the moves, it's gonna blow

Dance alone, dance alone
Dance alone, dance alone

By dancing on my own
I'm healing wounded soul
My body's shaking, heart is breaking
Have to let it go
I need to get up and put my hands up
There's no one here and I don't care
I feel it's safe to dance alone

Dance alone, dance alone (alone)
Dance alone (alone), dance alone (alone)

Dance alone, dance alone
Dance alone, dance alone

It is okay to dance alone​

Last edited by a moderator:

BernadetteCydonia

Donata's "The way I am" is on Spotify too now, thanks to Ylva & Linda's courtesy (because, if it had depended on Donata we could have waited forever).

Only Martyna, Milita and Aldegunda are left.
And Norbertas, and Thomukas1, and Titas & Benas, but oh wait, you purposefully choose to ignore them, because that's just who you are. A maneater

BernadetteCydonia

But ehhm, is it me, or is the zipper of his pants down in the last parts of the national final performance?

xshrug

Not just you. :lol: It was joked around in the Lithuanian internet as well. Even the lead singer joked about it when asked what kind of changes will the band consider for the performance at the winner's press conference, saying they may be thinking of improving zippers on their costumes.

About the incident, he said that it had to do with the earpiece equipment being inserted into the back of his pants. Since the pants were a bit too tight, the zipper went undone, and the rest is history.

Ianp16

Such a shame for The Roop. I think Discoteque is good but it doesn't hit hard on first listen like On Fire does. I've only really listened to them both casually, but I remembered the weirdness and melody of On Fire instantly, where Discoteque seems to take a while to take off.

I take this back. Discoteque is amazing and is almost TOO good for ESC. I can't stop repeating it on full blast through my earphones. xmetal

grazy2266

This is such a fun song and performance, not a winner but I'm glad The Roop get to do Eurovision 2021, 8 points from me at the moment.

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
Not a big fan of this. İ liked On Fire, it has some dark and strange atmosphere with all that black/red staging etc. Here is just looks like joke entry. Song is not memorable at all as for me. They tried to keep the hype from last year and if they did it has almost nothing with current entry

Journalist

I don't like it so much.. 😕
I'm not fan of their music and their song from the last year wasn't something special for me as well. It was better from this one, but I still don't like any of them. Sorry Lithuania. 😕

LakZaNokte

I see what this was supposed to be but I’m not feeling it.

It will come down to live performance, it could go either way then.

6 for now, but who knows what will it be in the end...

Il conte di Montecristo

I state that I do not know why the juxtaposition between Vaidotas Valiukevičius and Serhat was created in my mind. In a way they are similar. Regarding "Discoteque", "The Roop" followed the panache of "On Fire". Honestly, if I were to dissect the song and evaluate it I seem to notice a modified "George Michael" style. Everything catches you but only if you can see the performers next to the song. "The Roop" are "stage animals" and they know their job. The surreal and dance atmosphere mixed with self-confidence generates a show that makes you dance and not bored. Without this interpretation, however, it is the usual dance song that we have heard and resented. I don't feel like saying it's the "crack" of this year's ESC. If many think the opposite they are wrong to many artists such as "Sunstroke Project" or Luca Hänni who with purely better songs have not won the ESC. Rated 8 at the moment.

lacrymea

I loved last year's entry. His voice, the song, the corkiness. It was in my top 5. This year all those elements are missing for me. I don't connect with the song at all. It'll be a 6 for now.

BernadetteCydonia

Tomorrow the government will lax the national quarantine #2 rules by letting the hair salons be opened. In the meantime, here's a Discoteque parody all about it

MalagaToledo

Banned
Well, they had reputation among their fans because of overhype from last year so the bar was set very high. But they didn't have to beat on fire, it could be in the same level and they decided to send much worst song than on fire.

Btw, the main singer vaidotas has blocked me on insta because he can't stand when someone spils the tea and says the facts about the song. Also, someone who is in charge of their insta scc has blocked me. I hope jurry and public will put their song where it belongs so we never again see them on esc.

Neo

As much as I liked On Fire and was mesmerized by the lead singer, this is just like a lame repeat of the whole thing which just makes me re-evaluate my initial admiration. :6:

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
Couldn't the Lithuanian NF have the same outcome of the Norwegian one?

simonPL

I have mixed feelings. I voted 4 points.

I like this song more than that one from last year, but when it comes to watching... I can't help it, I don't feel this guy, for me he is too cocky and he's trying too hard to be funny or something. Eventually, this performance just annoys me. xexcuseme

Added "Discotque" to my playlist tho.

BernadetteCydonia

Couldn't the Lithuanian NF have the same outcome of the Norwegian one?
To be honest, in that sense of a way, no.

Technically speaking, The Roop were both an internationally-Eurovision-recognized name AND the biggest name of the lineup (if by biggest meaning the hottest spot, because there were pretty much a considerable amount of known commodities like Gabrielius Vagelis and Vilija (Sunday Afternoon), but they're kind of out of fashion at the moment). Gebrasy (or for that matter, Evita Cololo - a female act with her song on Spotify) is no TIX-kind of character regarding the popularity to have swept all the attention away from them. Sure, you could've possibly had the assumption that maybe a result like this should've happened if The Roop did an Ulrikke by saying "no thank you" to them being automatically offered a final AQ by not participating at all - without The Roop you let in a bunch of other big names that might be interested to fight for their right that we'll see in the next year's NF at the very least because The Roop would have already competed by now, and then see what would make the best "KEiiNO vs. TIX"-worthy comparison impression. But with The Roop in the lineup, there's no similar kind of story in the works regardless.

So let me reiterate: it couldn't have the same outcome as in the Norwegian NF

Iker

Veteran
I am not digging it. The chorus has a flat melody which I dislike. And safe to say it's not a ESC winner this year.

Top Bottom