flag-800.png

Okay, I feel the rhythm
Something's going on here
The music flows through my veins

It's taking over me, it's slowly kicking in
My eyes are blinking and I don't know what is happening
I can't control it, don't wanna end it
There's no one here and I don't care
I feel it's safe to dance alone (dance alone)

Dance alone (dance alone), dance alone (dance alone)
Dance alone (dance alone), dance alone (dance alone)
Dance alone (dance alone), dance alone

Let's discoteque right at my home
It is okay to dance alone
Dance alone, dance alone (alone)
Dance alone (alone), dance alone (alone)
I got the moves, it's gonna blow

Dance alone, dance alone
Dance alone, dance alone

By dancing on my own
I'm healing wounded soul
My body's shaking, heart is breaking
Have to let it go
I need to get up and put my hands up
There's no one here and I don't care
I feel it's safe to dance alone

Dance alone, dance alone (alone)
Dance alone (alone), dance alone (alone)

Dance alone, dance alone
Dance alone, dance alone

It is okay to dance alone​

Last edited by a moderator:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
The good thing of course is that I believe Discoteque is a much better composition than last year's (I still think) puzzling fan favourite. It keeps the minimalism of On Fire whilst this time adding some textures to the music. It's at its base fairly monotonous but Discoteque does enough to keep you intrigued. It gets away with what it's doing. The teeny weeny little flourishes of psych curry my favour. All in all, I enjoy it. Not tremendously though. The novelty is unfortunately wearing off a bit.

I kind of low-key dislike the performance. It's look we're being quirky!!!! look aren't we funny!?!?!?? It's far too try hard for me. The song is solid by itself and gains nothing from all the flailing of arms and running about. It's not peculiar or button-pushing enough to warrant such displays of tomfoolery. Of course, that's just my opinion. People will love this in the same way some find amusement in Fortnite and sitcoms like Friends. There are always reasons even if I don't personally understand them, and that's ok.

This whole national selection though has left sort of a bad taste in my mouth. I'm unsure if we'll ever have another one as pointless. The Roop are the rightful representatives here but geez, we didn't have to do all of this. It's all a big eye roll and waste of time.

I'll give this :7: points. Kind of me? Nah, it's about right. The national final was annoying, the extreme fan hype still baffling. This is an upgrade though. I didn't want to listen to On Fire. I have been listening to Discoteque from time to time. Lithuania this year is basically Iceland 2020 for me all over again. Decent song with an unappealing, irritating performance. I'll still give it my own personal thumbs up.

tenor.gif

There you go. Good luck Lithuania! Let's see if you can get your first win with these guys.

tuorem

WARNING! EMOSHENAL BLOCK OF TEXT INCOMING!

tenor.gif

Hahaha, yaaas! xdance2

I didn't bother following the Lithuania-thon this year the moment I saw The Roop would be participating (and winning regardless of what they would propose). For me personally, it was only a matter of them being able to at least send something on par with "On Fire". And I had reservations about that...

I'm aware ESC United is an elite forum that gets quoted in several places and read even by some delegations, but I didn't expect The Roop to actually do the shut-Tuorem-up challenge. While I ended up enjoying "On Fire" last year, I had issues with it from the start, and I logically voiced them here. Magically, "Discotheque" manages to address all the "flaws" I saw in "On Fire": no more nursery rhyme of death, no more "eh" drop, no more repetitiveness past the 2 minute bar... It is also much more addictive, well-built and original as a composition imo.

I completely connect with the underlying dark vibes of it, it gets inspiration from disco without bringing the usual clichés or sounding old-fashioned, and that minimalistic bridge is the cherry on top. The singer's voice goes well with the music, he's in his element. Top match.

Performance-wise, it's been well-thought out. It's Eurovision-ready. The singer has always been charismatic, so that never was a problem. I approve of the fashion choices and even more the colour scheme since yellow and purple just so happen to be my favourite colours. :love: As for their dance routine, it is... an acquired taste. I simply didn't get it last year (because On Fire was more mainstream dark pop and it was kinda jarring to me), I would lie if I said it gives me life now, but I think it blends in better with "Discotheque", it's more apropos and effective. It's kinda their trademark anyway, and there is an audience for "crazy" choreos like this. It adds to the memorability, quirkiness and edginess of the proposition.

To sum up, Discotheque >>>>>>>>>>> On Fire. They did their homework and more imo. I'm over the moon with this outcome, although I agree Lithuania should have selected them internally. But in hindsight they probably didn't want to miss organic hype-building and extra coins. :LOL: Which is fair.

It's a very special day for me because I have never been so in tune with a Lithuanian entry before (although "Rain of Revolution" was and will forever be a hymn), I was not crazy about "On Fire", and then this happens. xheat

Now I can proudly say I have a staple from Lithuania. Discotheque de facto becomes my favourite entry from them ever. xlove And it's even more thrilling to know they can go far with that package. It will become a classic for sure.

Go LIETUVA! xcheer Take my disco, take my theque! I will be rooting for you with all my heart. xheart My first 12 points of the season. Awesome.

MalagaToledo

Banned
My first 0 point go to group that's whole focus is on creepy facial expressions and weird, maniacal hand moves and some of them are copy paste from fire like hands above head. Just because their fans liked it last year, they shouldn't double those i cohesive hand moves.

They lack originality, it's too repetitive, tacky wardrobe. I get that they want to be viral meme over social media. Bit it looks very forced. It has nothing to do with the song of music, what they do.

They are overhyped because they are circus act and Acts like that are giving eurovision a bad reputation among ppl who don't watch it.

When i watch them i don't know am i watching fitness, aerobik class, live stream from mental institution or eurovision song. O pt and i hope jurry and public will be fair and put this song where it belongs. I need to calm down.im overwhelmed because this is song contest and i appreciate quality so I'm mad.

I'm honestly embarrassed to watch them. I wouldn't repeat those moves in my bedroom. He is grown adult man who entered in 50ies. How can anyone take him seriously after that.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
True, you should have said "people who buy Maroon Five albums".

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
You just did not shade Friends like that.

XuS3TLN.gif

You like Friends? Years later and I'm still trying to work out the appeal. Perhaps you can show me one day. The theme song is catchy at least and weirdly nostalgic, even though I did everything I could to avoid watching the show. Sometimes though my butt just couldn't quite muster the energy required to make the move needed to reach the remote and change the channel.

Mainshow

Veteran
Dunno - Just watched it on Netflix like 2 years ago or so? - It's not the best TV series ever but it just makes you feel being part of the group - it's something familar you can go to - something which always makes you smile... like the Gilmore Girls.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
In other, more important news, Aiste Brokenleg's "Home" is on Spotify now.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Dunno - Just watched it on Netflix like 2 years ago or so? - It's not the best TV series ever but it just makes you feel being part of the group - it's something familar you can go to - something which always makes you smile... like the Gilmore Girls.

That makes sense. I can understand the familiarity bit. I think I'm just not good with the whole canned laughter, sitcom thing. It's telling you what's funny when it rarely ever is something worth a smirk, let alone the howls of laughter presented.

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
Ok, ok. So now it's clearly won I can truly say what I think and yes this is yet again another Ashley attacking a fan fave NF winner, yawn. I know x. But well, this song is one steaming turd of nothing. xheart Last year the song was alright, I enjoyed it but thought the staging carried it and that it was far too 'edgy' for what was a rather run of the mill song. This year it is a whole other thing, the song is literally nothing. I'm well and truly perplexed as to why this song is even hyped at all other than OmgItsTheRoopLetsHype, it's not catchy, it's not amusing, it's literally not even memorable. It's entirely reliant on that staging which let's be honest, is utterly ridiculous. Anyone who knows me knows I love a good joke hit [cite; iconic pot lady from Peru (click for a good time) ] but I don't find anything about this staging or song amusing or funny. It's literally like they've tried to play off from their entry this year but gone one step further and it just looks like some super poor attempt at a mediocre joke entry that isn't even funny in the slightest. If anything that staging with the arm flailing annoys me. The calibre for what is funny must be very low if this passes. One Fire did it far better, it still felt like a serious attempt with something extra. This is just one mess waiting to get ignored by the juries. A scathing 1 point as I really DON'T like it.
Couldn't have said it better, this is a big pile of turd nothingness. :poop:Except I'd take it a step further and say that their entry last year was a pretentious overhyped turd as well. :LOL:

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
To the 5 people who voted 0 in the poll: God is proud of you! xheart

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar
Was there a Friends shading session in this thread that no one invited me to?? IOTAP

Inexplicably popular show. Seinfeld forever.

MalagaToledo

Banned
And people are still wondering why people who have prejudice for eurovision SONG contest, say about it that it is freak show and circus show that don't have anything to do with music. 0 point and dislike is maximum from me.

Ezio

Veteran
My body is ready. 12 points. First song much bettah than last year.

Top Bottom