Contact us

CYPRUS 2013 - Despina Olympiou - An me thimase

How do you rate this entry?

• Total voters

GRE

Second from last in the semi.
Only 11 points.
The worst result of Cyprus ever...
Well,i am a bit surprised,because i liked the performance of Despina,and expected a qualification.
Europe had a different opinion.
And i respect it.

evija87

She doesn't deserve this :( She was great...
I have to accept it and respect it too.
Sometimes it happens and unfortunately with Despina...

Celia

The song is ok, it just didn't stand out. She looked stunning in that dress though xbow

musicfan

It was the stronger semi, though I remember I did have it in my 10 I wanted to qualify after the semi performances.

Nicfedy

though she looked and sang beautifully I think the stage was so dull, no picture backdrop ,in fact it looked like they decided not to bother doing a nice presentation. The song was flawless and easily as good as Estonia, but Estonia presented very well with good camera work.

musicfan

I wondn't say it was as good a song as Birgit though the song is pleasant. I would put it above Anouk though.

CypriotGirl

Veteran
though she looked and sang beautifully I think the stage was so dull, no picture backdrop ,in fact it looked like they decided not to bother doing a nice presentation. The song was flawless and easily as good as Estonia, but Estonia presented very well with good camera work.

Totally agree with every word.

eugoose

I loved this song as well, but watching the Semis live, I knew it would be a long shot for qualifying. The staging was rather bare and it was in the stronger semi. I'm disappointed at how every year, beautifully sung ballads don't do that well. Evelina in 2011, Maya in 2012 and Despina in 2013. It's almost as if you need to shout and scream in an angsty way, or have some crazy gimmick to do well at Eurovision. I wonder what the founder fathers think about it :lol:

Evangeline

This is my favourite song from ESC 2013. It is such a pity her semi-final performance wasn't perfect. If she had sung in tune, she surely would have passed.

Milos-BC

Originally, I didn't like this song, but then it got inside my ears, and I was hoping that it could surprise positively (especially because the song is a material that juries usually like). I think that Despina gave her best, but it (the song) just wasn't something that catches an average listener on the first listening and the whole act had to be a little more dynamic.

But even like this, it should've passed instead of some songs that made it.

Top Bottom