Contact us

CYPRUS 2013 - Despina Olympiou - An me thimase

How do you rate this entry?

• Total voters

SRBIJA

Banned
Excellent performance! I still cant believe that 3 countries that had (in my opinion ) worst performances tonight ( :be: :ie: :lt: ) qualified over this. I just cant believe .

Yamarus

She failed to struck the last note. But otherwise it was a nice song, too many ballads I guess :-(.

toinou03

I liked Despina. She was really nice and charismatic, she brought me in her world, but she was off-key some time, and taht must have not been liked by the juries. Plus it's very difficult to come alone on stage... I wish to see Despina again ! :)

GRE

Sad about this result.But she did her best.Congratulations Despina.

CypriotGirl

Veteran
She failed to struck the last note. But otherwise it was a nice song, too many ballads I guess :-(.

That's what I was thinking while I was watching the performance. Too many ballads and ours was the last to be performed. People already heard enough ballads, so they got bored... xshrug

I liked Despina. She was really nice and charismatic, she brought me in her world, but she was off-key some time, and taht must have not been liked by the juries. Plus it's very difficult to come alone on stage... I wish to see Despina again ! :)

I think her style is not ESC-friendly. But in the past, before becoming mainstream, she used to sing traditional/ethnic songs. If she wants to come back, then it should be with such a song, because this kind of ballads usually fail. (She's got uptempo and pop-rock songs too, but I think uptempo doesn't fit her and pop-rock songs of her are a bit boring for ESC, although I like them).

Maybe she should've brought Stereo Mike with her on stage? :lol:

Simon87

She was great, you should be proud of her

AdelAdel

That's what I was thinking while I was watching the performance. Too many ballads and ours was the last to be performed. People already heard enough ballads, so they got bored... xshrug

Cyprus's song was unique and stood out of the rest, I'd rather say that stuff like Russia or Switzerland had these typical "forgettable" ballads, rather than Cyprus.

toinou03

Maybe she should've brought Stereo Mike with her on stage? :lol:

With the boy in undies ??? xrofl3
Somehow it's disappoiting that the 2 lats qualifying of Cyprus is a Welsh guy and La La Love, and qualit is not awarded... I hope Cyprus will blow our minds in 2014 with Greek language again ! :)

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Sooooooooooo sad about this, Despina was lovely and everything looked great. The song was just too unremarkable and everyone saw this coming from miles away. Despina is a very warm person and loves her music much. She'll continue to achieve great things and hope that the outcome will effect her career in any shape or form. The people in the arena really liked the song and I think the juries liked it, too. Oh well, Cyprus will be back bigger and better in 2014.

CypriotGirl

Veteran
Somehow it's disappoiting that the 2 lats qualifying of Cyprus is a Welsh guy and La La Love, and qualit is not awarded... I hope Cyprus will blow our minds in 2014 with Greek language again ! :)

Indeed, no matter if I like both songs (they were our best entries since 2005 IMO, along with 2007) one of them was performed by a guy who has nothing to do with Cyprus (at least the composer & lyricist were Cypriots though) and the other was a Greek-Swedish production. I hope we'll do well with a song 100% by Cypriots (composer, lyricist, performer).

I hope next year Valando will enter with a powerful ballad in Greek written by Michalis Hatzigiannis (as it was planned for this year).

Scooby

Michalis xheart

I was really enjoyed in that Cypriot 3 minutes and voted only for Despina.
Thank you Despina!

ParadiseES

Despina's performance was just amazing. The only problem from the beginning was the song. Better luck next year :)

Alberca

She did a great job and the song was a very nice ESC ballad. My mother really liked it :p. So sad it didn't make it to the final... Stick to Greek please!

cegs5

She is one of the best singers this year, but unluckily her song was so unremarkable. I wanted Cyprus in the final but I understand that horrible cheesy songs like Ukraine or Belarus get more attention.

debemaks

What a great performance! What a pity for the result! Belgium and Belarus in with such weak performance and Cyprus out... unbelievable!

Nicholas123

After her performance i expected her to qualify.I dunno, maybe too many ballads...:(

Nevertheless, a decent song, a very strong singer and, most of all, singing in her native language!

Better luck to Cyprus next year.

Top Bottom