Just one day left until the big final of Melodifestivalen 2014 – and ESC United is counting down by interviewing three of the competing artists. Last but not least we have the talented Sanna Nielsen who has participated in the show seven times before. Her most successful attempt, the song “Empty Room”, came in 2nd place.
Will you change anything in the performance for the final?
– I am so happy with the performance SVT made; the lightshow is so magical that it deserves an award! I won’t change anything except maybe the clothes.
What do you think your chances are for the final?
– This whole trip from the semifinal has been magical. I have received such amazing words from both fans and media that have made me have to pinch myself in the arm! That is like a win itself. You never know what will happen in the final but I strongly believe in my song and I can’t wait to stand in Friends Arena and sing.
What performance this year is your favourite?
– I stop when I hear Ellen Benediktson sing, I wanna dance when I see Panetoz… I have many favourites that I like in different ways.
How will you celebrate if you win?
– I have said that I will walk over the bridge to Denmark if I win! That would be fun!
What are your plans after Melodifestivalen?
– I have just released my new EP “Undo”. I will go out and play concerts in summer and start a whole new adventure in fall. I will play Lara in the musical “Dr Zjivago” premiering on August 29th in Malmö Opera. That is also a dream come true!
Would you consider participating in Melodifestivalen again?
– You should never say never! This is an event that is amazing to be a part of.
Can “Undo” do better than “Empty Room”? Discuss your thoughts about the song and Sanna here on our forum.