Contact us

Your Wishes / Hopes for 2018

CaraMia

Well rainbow flags will be allowed as in Portugal there is freedom of speach! (If they weren't allowed it would go agaist the Constitution!)

I think the flags allowed in the audience are not related to the laws of the country but to the laws that come from the EBU. In Portugal you can carry a flag of Nagorno Karabakh with you everywhere, but probably it wouldn't be accepted in the audience of ESC because it's not from a country recognized by the UN. ;)

Neo

- For the juries to start appreciate musical diversity, which includes European diversity, linguistic diversity but also to generally understand that we are in 2017 and not in a Disney movie from the 90's or some lame ass American Idol audition of 2002...
This, but most of all I want ESC to finally decide juries have to go.
FL3tYlR.png

Ezio

Veteran
I hope to see an underdog winning for the second year in a row. But that never happens. Or a double strike by Portugal.

A-lister

Veteran
This, but most of all I want ESC to finally decide juries have to go.
FL3tYlR.png

Well that would be the dream scenario, but EBU won't let that happen, so to put the jury vote to 60/40 or 70/30 (with the public vote having upper hand) could be a compromise, but can't see that happen either unfortunately.

Oh, and of course, for the millionth time : RE-INTRODUCTION OF RANDOM STARTING ORDER DRAW!!!! I hate that EBU is so blatantly promoting lack of transparency (= corruption, cronyism, nepotism). I don't buy the argument that them choosing the starting order is to "create a more interesting show", like plenty of people pointed out already (including me, every year since this corrupted method got introduced!), there are ways to get a diverse show with just having some tempo or genre pots where entries are put in and THEN draw it randomly... c'mon it's not so hard to be creative unless you really don't want a transparent fair show!?

FilipFromSweden

The random draw could be discussed for a million years. At this point I don't really care anymore if it's random or producer made. Having it random is more exciting I guess, I would usually wake up in excitement to find out what each finalist had drawn from the bowl.

FilipFromSweden

5. No nore cheesy LGBTi propaganda (rainbow flags shouldn't be allowed) either jokes about how gay eurofans are during the show.

It's hard for me to not insult you right now. Propaganda?

Sammy

Veteran
I think the flags allowed in the audience are not related to the laws of the country but to the laws that come from the EBU. In Portugal you can carry a flag of Nagorno Karabakh with you everywhere, but probably it wouldn't be accepted in the audience of ESC because it's not from a country recognized by the UN. ;)

xgood
Just a little reminder: the EBU is not a state nor a legislative authority that has juridical power. Therefore, what the EBU allows or does not allow are RULES, not LAWS and are thus in no way comparable to laws of a country.
Also, if you break those rules the consequences are at the worst a fine for the TV channel (I never heard about sanctions against any fan), whereas if you break a law, you might find yourself in court.
Finally - the EBU as we all know - is by no means very consequent in pursuing let alone punishing infractions of their own rules. (As the example of the Karabach flag, you mentioned clearly demonstrated)

hijirio

Veteran
Well that would be the dream scenario, but EBU won't let that happen, so to put the jury vote to 60/40 or 70/30 (with the public vote having upper hand) could be a compromise, but can't see that happen either unfortunately.

Oh, and of course, for the millionth time : RE-INTRODUCTION OF RANDOM STARTING ORDER DRAW!!!! I hate that EBU is so blatantly promoting lack of transparency (= corruption, cronyism, nepotism). I don't buy the argument that them choosing the starting order is to "create a more interesting show", like plenty of people pointed out already (including me, every year since this corrupted method got introduced!), there are ways to get a diverse show with just having some tempo or genre pots where entries are put in and THEN draw it randomly... c'mon it's not so hard to be creative unless you really don't want a transparent fair show!?

I second this comment.
My solution to juries it lowering down their percentage to 30%.
Always thought that's how it should be.

About random order, a similiar solution could be adopted.
Instead of two halves being determines by draw, they could make a draw for quarters, or even groups of 4, then the producer decides the order within these group of songs.

In the current situation, they have so much power. They basically killed the chances of Laura (:be: 2016) and Imrı (:il: 2017).
Laura was 3rd in semi and 10th in final, Imrı was 3rd in semi and 23rd in final
Just because they're uptempo songs they were put last in semi and first in finals.
All of us already knew they would be the first songs, right after it was known they would be in first half.

Ezio

Veteran
I want juries only in Semifinal, because they are smaller events and political televotes would always help the same countries to prevail.

100% Televote in the final.

Realest

I want juries only in Semifinal, because they are smaller events and political televotes would always help the same countries to prevail.

100% Televote in the final.

It doesnt make sense that the Juries offer the popular Song from :ee: for :at: only that :at: ends up with 0 Points. Or the same with :cz: last year while :ba: would have got at least 50 Televotes in the Final.

Alaska49

5. No nore cheesy LGBTi propaganda (rainbow flags shouldn't be allowed) either jokes about how gay eurofans are during the show.
wow you really hit every single branch of the insecurity tree on your way down huh

A-lister

Veteran
Please no random starting draw. I don't want something like Euro Neuro to open a semi ever again

You can make a random draw and yet make the show exciting and diverse (as proposed earlier with having genre/tempo pots or/-and having 4 "halfs" instead of just 2 like now), there are many ways to introduce more fairness and transparency to the contest, it's a win-win for all (except for the ones who want to corrupt it).

FilipFromSweden

The winner is from big 5 or it's Portugal again

Franzilein

– Italy or the Netherlands finally taking home the trophy (in case they send amazing songs again ofc)
– A song in a Scandinavian language
– A power ballad from Spain, preferably in Spanish itself, loved their entries from 2012 and 2014
– A lot of Portuguese culture in-between the performances!
– Australia not being the jury's babe
– Ireland reaching the final, UK sending a Top 10 entry
– Poland sending a song I can connect to, have been quite underwhelmed by their choices since their return

hijirio

Veteran
-Malta or Iceland to finally win after getting so close.
-Ireland winning could also be nice, Sweden is getting closer to most number of wins.
-Mariette winning Melodifestivalen.

burrito

so here's my little list

- random order!
- one good joke entry
- another winner from country you would not expect to win Poland, please try at least
- and winning song that will become a worldwide hit
- well, generally it would be nice to see more esc songs receiving attention out of contest
- winning singer being very young (around 20 or teenager)
- no politics, not even a bit of it. Guess we had enough this year
- no more nul points this year xheart
- more hip-hop oriented entries! :hu: set a good example that I'd be happy to see others following
- :de: not ending at the bottom
- :ru: staying in semis if they don't send Samoylova; better and less cliche song for her if they do
- :fi: sending a song in Finnish because your language is to die for, sweeties!

John1

Here we go with my wishes:

-a bunch of great entries, among which the winner would remain unpredictable.
-a country winning for the first time ever.
-:fr: hacking its way through the top 5.
-:ru: winning the whole thing without sending Julia Samojlova.
-:bg: making it through again.
-:mk: finally sailing through the grand final.
-more than 15 countries competing with a song, which includes lyrics in their national languages or official languages.

anto475

• More national languages
  • Ireland to make it to the final and do well in such a way that it reinvigorates the Irish public's interest in the contest
  • Sweden and Russia not to qualify
  • Lilith and Levon Navasardyan to compose another smash hit for Armenia
  • A return of the Balkan Ballad
  • The UK and France to send songs not in English or French
  • Another first-time winner (we had a series of those from 2001 to 2008, let's have 8 more in a row!!)
  • More ethnic/traditional music and less schlager/pop
  • At least one song, if not more, to break out of the contest and become a chart topper across Europe (like Euphoria or Waterloo)
  • An exciting voting section
  • Kazakhstan to be invited

Top Bottom