Contact us

Your Wishes / Hopes for 2018

Realest

Tell us all your Wishes and Hopes for the ESC 2018 in Lisbon...

- One of the Countries that works hard since a few years like Belgium or Bulgaria wins.
- The Big5 end up in the last 5 Places (I know we had this in 2005 but still...) so this Rule might be finally overthought.
- Portugal ends up in the Top 10 to establish in the ESC-Kosmos and prove they are no One-Hit-Wonder.
- Russia, Ukraine, Azerbaijan and Australia fail in the Semifinal so that Romania remains the only Country with a 100% Success-Rate.
- Less Swedish Entries.
- A more equalized Voting like 2011 f.e.

EscGeek

Veteran
-a record breaking number of NFs (so far, it's looking good) xheat
-russia to keep their "promise", you know what i mean
-adding kazakhstan
-no withdrawals
-final for my country, unless i'll hate the song
-and i wish for the official eurovision channel to start uploading old performances on youtube and stop with the compilation nonsense

edit:
-joke songs xjumplol

blue00eyes

I want:
- no annoying/joke acts
- cool stage
- more non-English/bilingual songs
- my country to get more jury points
- my country or a country which name starts with B to win
- an exciting voting in a Grand Final
- cool postcards like 2014
- Australia to be out of the top10 jury votes
- drama xheart

esc87fan

I wish for...

* France to keep on its streak of good luck
* No joke entries
* Switzerland to break its jinx and finally qualify for the first time since 2014
* More entries in other languages (aka the "Portugal Effect")
* Fewer visual distractions (aka: over-the-top special effects)
* Geo-blocking removed from the ESC YouTube channel so I can watch the streams of the live shows (it's tough being a ESC fan in Canada)

Dodiih

- I want to see a country, that has never won before, winning
- More non-English songs
- Balkan ballads
- Simple, yet beautiful staging
- Creative postcards (about the contestants)
- Surprises in the Grand Final voting (like Moldova and Romania this year)

NNR

Dear Svante Claus (I'm sorry),

Here's what I want for Eurovision 2018.

-For Albania to send an entry which hasn't been translated into English and lost all meaning. Bote was 10 times better than World, IMO.

-For not every single country to 1) send a song in their language, 2) send a ballad or 3) both, in an attempt to replicate Salvador.

-More Swedish entries! You may complain about them, but they're absolute tunes.

-For Ireland to take the contest seriously.

-Reinstate the orchestra! You could see the difference in quality between Occidentali's Karma in the Sanremo against in the Eurovision final.

-I'd love to see a song more similar to 2012 and 2015 win this year. There were none of those last year, unfortunately.

-For Salvador to recover fully and be able to play a big part in the final. I don't want the contest to be marred by tragedy.

-Hosts that aren't 3 white men making poorly written and rehearsed ad-libs.

-High quality songs. Please.

-No more yodelling. I beg.

-Maybe one joke entry, but at least a decent one. More along the lines of Zdob si Zdub than Buranovskiye Babushki.

-Portugal not to send a dreadful entry and end up coming near the bottom. That would be great.

-Russia not to send Yulia. There are so many other choices.

Yours sincerely,
NNR x

Realest

Tell us all your Wishes and Hopes for the ESC 2018 in Lisbon...

- Russia, Ukraine, Azerbaijan and Australia fail in the Semifinal so that Romania remains the only Country with a 100% Success-Rate.

I have to add:

I want Russia to fail because it hasnt enough Televotes while the Juries have Russia in the Top10.
And Australia should fail because its not in the Jury Top10 while the Televoter have.

BernadetteCydonia

- Lithuania to send something the majority kinda likes and to do well.
- Amazing postcards.
- Winner catching everyone by surprise. Well Portugal is Portugal but they were rather foreseen as the winners by the last weeks into ESC. I need some surprises like Moldova doing that well in 2017.
- At least a bit of something eclectic in regards to joke entries. ESC fans cannot really live without them. People on tumblr kept talking about Romania, Croatia and Montenegro mainly because they were memorable somewhat (and so was Finland but that's rather a serious entry that got hurt by juries and that's all).
- Cyprus sending something I like again and not getting underrated. Also, less standard manufactured entry, I mean I did like whan G:son did to this country but I'm sick and tired of majority complaining that their favourite song should've qualified over Cyprus. IRYO but... :/

A-lister

Veteran
- For the juries to start appreciate musical diversity, which includes European diversity, linguistic diversity but also to generally understand that we are in 2017 and not in a Disney movie from the 90's or some lame ass American Idol audition of 2002...

- For politics to STOP in ESC! ... although that won't happen

- For EBU to invite :kz: to play ... although pretty sure that won't happen either

Realest

- For the juries to start appreciate musical diversity, which includes [....] linguistic diversity

I dont think that Juries vote against a song because its sung in its mother-language but because of the song itself. If a song is bad then mother-language cant safe it. And countries like serbia, moldova and italy got often high juryscores with songs in their own language.

cegs5

1. Less songs in English.
2. The Finnish jury not overhyping whatever Sweden sends.
3. More flamboyant, ridiculous, kitsch, WTF entries.
4. No more canned applause.
5. No nore cheesy LGBTi propaganda (rainbow flags shouldn't be allowed) either jokes about how gay eurofans are during the show.

Jack

Well rainbow flags will be allowed as in Portugal there is freedom of speach! (If they weren't allowed it would go agaist the Constitution!)

A-lister

Veteran
I dont think that Juries vote against a song because its sung in its mother-language but because of the song itself. If a song is bad then mother-language cant safe it. And countries like serbia, moldova and italy got often high juryscores with songs in their own language.

Not sure we've watched the same contest for the past 8 years :lol:

To add though, I wasn't just speaking about linguistic diversity, also musical diversity and thinking "outside the box" is part of that...

Realest

Not sure we've watched the same contest for the past 8 years :lol:

I mean when you look at 2013 for Example, the Good songs from :md: :gr: and :is: got more or less what they deserved and the bad songs from :cy: :es: and :al: also.
Also 2012 the Jury Top6 (except Sweden) where all in its own language. And average motherlanguaged songs like :sl: and :pt: got also what they deserved.

But other than that I agree. I still fail to understand which high Quality the Juries saw in :nl: :au: and :at: this year which unique songs like :ro: :hu: and :hr: apparently didnt seem to have.

LastDreamer

Banned
:lt: YVA win with a song on Lithuanian and 100+ points gap over the second place !!!

LastDreamer

Banned
The duration of their fresh song is near 3 minutes. Possibly we already heard the song of winner. :lol:

- a few returning artists (Michał Szpak especially)
-for me to represent San Marino
-Georgia top 5
-another artsy song to win
-and/or an Italy win
-Laura Groeseneken top 3 (or win)
-Sweden and Russia to not qualify
-mostly songs in native languages
-Luisa Sobral as an interval act or a host, Nelly Furtado to open
-Czech Republic to qualify

Sammy

Veteran
either a winner from a country that has never won so far or one from a country that hasn't won for a very long time. (provided the song is good :mrgreen:)

Top Bottom