Contact us

Your most disappointing DNQ?

Sabrewulf238

What has been the most disappointing DNQ for your nation in NSC? What DNQ really got you down because you had either put so much faith in them or if the song was particularly special to you?

For Dalisska, well I can honestly say I'm always greatly disappointed when I fail to qualify. At first it's sadness mostly just for me, but then usually in hindsight looking back it's the song itself I feel the most sad for.

Probably my biggest DNQ disappointed would be either Gavin Mikhail in NSC 33 and Chiaki Ishikawa in NSC 51. (Kiss in cities and Miami horror ft Kimbra are others, it's difficult to condense it down into a small list :p)

strajker

I had only two DSQ, and i expected the first one at NSC 51, cause i was like, pff new nation, they probably won't even notice... and well odds and comments did make my hope higher, but then i realised, maybe it was cause it was my birthday on odds and LL day, well i ended up kinda hoping to qualify, but being sure i won't, and i didn't.

At NSC 61, i was like oh, i gonna qualify, i was never that sure as that edition, and well i failed, but actually didn't feel bad about it, but was weird to see no Horehronieland entry in final after qualifying 9 times in row...

Simon87

Katra - One wish away (it was special for me)

Tatiana - Spider web (2pts from qual.)

Keko

Well I guess Genki Rockets - Make.Believe. Song got plenty of good comments, Genki Rockets previously did exceptionally well and it ranked #1 in semi odds. So I was rather surprised, but I got over it, because in a way I can see now why that song didn't do well.

Jessie J - Nobody's Perfect is probably my biggest disappointment though. I thought it would do much better, because it's both amazing song for me and I just felt it would be well received by NSC. But uhhhh D= oh well XD

No Name

Nightbox - Pyramid (NSC 72)

Never even considered the risk of not qualifying with this and I had never been more certain of qualifying than with this, so of course a major disappointment that it failed. I was speechless most of the days following the semi result-show.

Was pretty disappointing about not qualifying with Pendulum too, but didn't really affect me as much as my failure with Nightbox.

ixic

uf, which not?

Discobitch - C'est Beau La Bourgeoisie
The Gazette - Cassis (i still cannot understand how that song didn't make it)

of course, Juanes - La Camisa Negra - it was quite unacceptable since that was my first fail :lol:

lolip

Courtship Dating-Crystal Castles

I didn't expect to qualify but I really love this song :D

takeru

Superbus - Butterfly from way back in NSC 14 remains the one and only time my non-qualification was so disappointing that I felt put off by the NSC final :p

Others that have surprised me were Superbus again in NSC 18 (I didn't learn :lol:), Pentagram in NSC 36, Psapp in both NSC 43 (nonvoting aside) and 52, and Double Faced Eels in NSC 62.
I've had plenty of surprise qualifications though too, to balance it out :D

Plenty of the above mentioned songs were often surprises to me too; it's tricky when there are so many strong songs in NSC :(

spiluke

I don't remember much of my DNQ's, nor my other older songs but I think If I Die Young - The Band Perry and What You Want - Evanescence

Leaf

Hmm...can't really pick. I'll try though. Maybe...Like A G6, My Friend and Can't Breathe.

94ayd

Shiny Toy Guns - Le Disko (NSC 43; debut), n.A.T.o. - Chor javon (NSC 45), Preslava - Laja e (NSC 52), Svetla Ivanova - C'est la vie (NSC 54). After that I think I started taking non-qualifications less seriously or something, so I don't think I'll ever be disappointed even when I fail on my anniversaries with songs I really like. :lol: I don't get high odds often, either, so that contributes to me taking it well. ;)

Bojan

I had many, but still the most disppointing DNQ is Ayumi Hamasaki - Mirrorcle World which came 2nd last in it's semi, which is still my worst result to date.

ronny1988

Falco - Jeanny (NSC 22)
UnSun - Home (NSC 63)
Krypteria - Na Ga Ja (NSC 67)
Rooga - Take Me Away (NSC 70)

Top Bottom