19. Cyprus 9
20. Central Canada 2
21. Hungary 1

esc87fan

Ugh, last in the semi :(

Amir

Veteran
Thank you everyone for attending the show! xheart
Also big thanks to Uto for collecting facts about everyone, and sorry to those that have been kicked out
early in the show. It's usually not my way of announcing, but I wanted to make something different.
I hope you could still enjoy it xheart

see you tomorrow, results will most likely be earlier!!

Marcos C

Marcos C in pot C as Central Canada has 5 C's, which is also the result needed to beat [his] previous record
Can someone explain to me, in simple English, what this means? I'm still not familiar with pots. And what is "their?" (I'm a male, in case you haven't noticed by my name.)

Last edited:

ShoeFlo

Can someone explain to me, in simple English, what this means? I'm still not familiar with pots. And what is "their?" (I'm a male, in case you haven't noticed by my name.)

The sentence "Marcos C in Pot C as Central Canada" contains excactly 5 C's. The pot doesn't really play a role here.
Your previous best WV result was a 6th place. So a 5th place is what you'd need to top this.

Uto

Veteran
Their is neutral and therefore sort of designed to work in all cases. If it gives you pause I am sorry, but I will likely do it again at some point because assuming gender is also going to get me into trouble with certain people so I just stopped caring about people being/acting to be hurt when having the wrong pronoun in use for them. I'm not going to be keeping a ledger on this shit and although I will obviously say I will try to remember I put zero actual effort into it. Easy enough for me to say as I don't care a single iota about people calling me sis or bro or locomotive, but I suggest you also learn not to care, because the end result is just fruitless conversation where you come in accusing people of using the wrong pronoun when no harm is done and no harm is meant. You are free to disagree obviously, but it's not going to change a thing. Think about what you want the future to look like for everyone and from any point of view that respects the rights of an individual it's quite obvious the answer is to stop being so damn anal about gender and just let it flow freely.

Regards,
Commander Uthena, Master of Arts (he/she/locomotive).

Marcos C

Their is neutral and therefore sort of designed to work in all cases. If it gives you pause I am sorry, but I will likely do it again at some point because assuming gender is also going to get me into trouble with certain people so I just stopped caring about people being/acting to be hurt when having the wrong pronoun in use for them. I'm not going to be keeping a ledger on this shit and although I will obviously say I will try to remember I put zero actual effort into it. Easy enough for me to say as I don't care a single iota about people calling me sis or bro or locomotive, but I suggest you also learn not to care, because the end result is just fruitless conversation where you come in accusing people of using the wrong pronoun when no harm is done and no harm is meant. You are free to disagree obviously, but it's not going to change a thing. Think about what you want the future to look like for everyone and from any point of view that respects the rights of an individual it's quite obvious the answer is to stop being so damn anal about gender and just let it flow freely.

Regards,
Commander Uthena, Master of Arts (he/she/locomotive).
To be fair, some other users (Merio, Steph, Ari) got their proper pronouns. The name Marcos (the Spanish form for Mark) is an unambiguously male name, so I fail to understand why I can't get the same respect and consideration as other users.

Anyway, I wrote what I needed to write, and I do not wish to drag this discussion further since we have other things to do, like choosing the entries we're voting for in the final.

Marcos (he/him/his)

Uto

Veteran
To be fair, some other users (Merio, Steph, Ari) got their proper pronouns. The name Marcos (the Spanish form for Mark) is an unambiguously male name, so I fail to understand why I can't get the same respect and consideration as other users.

Anyway, I wrote what I needed to write, and I do not wish to drag this discussion further since we have other things to do, like choosing the entries we're voting for in the final.

Marcos (he/him/his)

It is strictly your choice to see it as a lack of respect, it was not intended like that at all and if it happens in the future the same holds true. Therefore would say it's vastly more sensible to loosen up a bit on the pronoun stuff.

Top Bottom