Contact us

Women's World Cup 2019

Schlagerman1

What. A. Game. Spain would've deserved it, but I'm so happy rn. xheat

giphy.gif

From what I saw of the match, Germany got lucky again....Must say I will get irritated if this is the way Germany will grab a medal in the end :rolleyes: :p

Mrvn

From what I saw of the match, Germany got lucky again....Must say I will get irritated if this is the way Germany will grab a medal in the end :rolleyes: :p

I think we played better than last game, but Spain is just mindblowing. Their technique is amazing, wouldn't mind if they win tbh. :lol:

Schlagerman1

I think we played better than last game, but Spain is just mindblowing. Their technique is amazing, wouldn't mind if they win tbh. :lol:

Yeah Spain do have some amazing technique, but what makes them a bit down on the list of the best european countries is that they seem to get nervous in championship and has a hard time scoring. I hope that one day they will go through to a semi, to show all those doubters at home, but as it looks now, I wouldn't be surprised if they qualify as 3rd (cause China is a super strong defensive team) and end up getting eliminated by England in the round of 16.

ShoeFlo

Well, I knew the numbers would be big, but this was crazy. And I get irritated by the americans celebrating each goal like it was their first or 2nd, relax a little and show a little respect please. Anyhow, impossible to win the group for us, but I hope we can put the americans in their place in the last match, cause their behaviour was childish.

Sure that North Korea SHOULD have gotten Thailands place, but I believe that 5 asian teams are one too many. It is a big jump after Japan, Australia and China in asia, where now South Korea is 4th, and I guess that the 5th slot is to ensure that those three do qualify, but still.

Fun fact: Thailand would have qualified even with 4 spots given to Asia. South Korea was the team that became 5th :)

Anyway, 3 spots would be enough imo.

As it was said before Spain is a tough opponent that furthermore plays a dominant and style with great technical skills. That's why they had more possession. But from what I saw of the match (mostly second half) Germany had the better opportunities to score a second goal than Spain to score the equalizer. Even though Spain were good on the ball and had some great passing they didnt get into our box often enough to bring us into trouble.

Being successful with ugly playing style and lucky goals? That's basically what German men national team did for decades (before in the 2000s the emphasis in youth promotion was put on technical skills) so maybe our girls wanna follow in their footsteps :p

DaFlo

Banned
Germany plays some garbage, both games were really dissapointing. That defense will be in huge shambles once we face a real attacking side. Spain plays great football but have no idea how to score. Jenni Hermoso such a joy to watch tho xheart

That being said potential quarterfinals looking good already

France - USA
Germany - Sweden

EZ1Homc.png

Preuss

Wouldn’t surprise me if the Germans won this tournament because they tend to get better
That being said, disappointing not to see their number 10 yesterday but I found out that she’s injured and might lose the whole world cup

Schlagerman1

Germany plays some garbage, both games were really dissapointing. That defense will be in huge shambles once we face a real attacking side. Spain plays great football but have no idea how to score. Jenni Hermoso such a joy to watch tho xheart

That being said potential quarterfinals looking good already

France - USA
Germany - Sweden

EZ1Homc.png

Well, or Germany could be up against the Netherlands probably. We will have no chance on earth against Netherlands, even if they were a little shaky against the New Zealand. :rolleyes:

Preuss

That penalty kick yesterday though
lol
but looking at the tablet, I think it's better to place 2nd in the group actually... :rolleyes:

njdevils94

Veteran
Interesting first half in Montpellier :D

:au: started the better but were unable to create much. Brazil won a penalty just past 25 minutes which Marta buried. It was won by Leticia santos who was being held by Elise Kellond-Knight off the Debinha cross. :br: Brazil got a second to delight [MENTION=16089]anaraqueen[/MENTION] when Tamires nutmegged Emily Gielnik to send Debina through down the left her cross was accurately headed into the corner by Cristiane. The Matildas would get one back though to get back into it. Originally Monica looked to have saved a goal from Sam Kerr but the ball came back in and she was caught ball watching leading to a flick on by Chloe Logarzo across for Caitln Foord who bundled the ball home in first half injury time

njdevils94

Veteran
FT :au: 3 :br: 2

Disastrous second half for Brazil as they go down 3-2 to Australia. The Matildas equalized just shy of the hour mark when Chloe Logarzo's cross intended for Kerr went past everybody including the goalie Barbara and into the net. Barbara should of done better keeping that out. Then the controversial moment of the match. Monica's own goal was originally ruled out due to Sam Kerr being off sides but the decision was overturned by VAR allowing the goal to be given as Kerr was judged not to be interfering with play. IMO she clearly was.

Brazil response was poor in the last 20 or so minutes as they created next to nothing and now probably need at least a draw vs Italy in their final match. Marta and Formiga were taken off at halftime and the subs Luana and Ludmila weren't really able to make enough of an impact.

Gabe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wow Australia. Really brave performance. Surely will qualify for the next stage now.

DaFlo

Banned
It's what Brazil deserves for leaving my girl Beatriz on the bench for 75 mins smh :mad:

3 pts and no tragic goal difference are enough to qualify I think, group A & F 3rd placers will be in trouble

njdevils94

Veteran
South Africa 0 China 1

::na China beat :za: South Africa in a turgid 2nd half it must be said. Li Ying got the winner on a cross in by Zhang Rui. They nearly got a second before the break but Wang Shanshan's header off a Wang Shuang corner was not fully over the line according to VAR. China should of put it to bed and boosted their goal difference late on in injury time but Yang Li was well stopped by goalie Kaylin Swartz.

esc87fan

:ca: has its next game coming up against :nz:, coming off a 1-0 win over Cameroon a couple of days ago

DaFlo

Banned
Argentina - Scotland what a match whew
EZ1Homc.png

Both teams got robbed hard by the referee tho. Four goals in the 2nd half should result in four minutes extra time. Then you have the penalty check which also took four minutes. So it should've been at least eight minutes extra time, but instead they give four minutes and three of them are used for the penalty repeat which should've been added on to the extra time as well smh. And then the ref extends the time by only one minute .. she deserved all the boos the crowd gave her at the end. Teams should sue, absolutely ridiculous.

It's time we stop the clock during VAR/injuries/goals/subs

Gabe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, that was an utter disgrace.

The officiating at this tournament has been diabolical. The referee who did Argentina vs Scotland should never referee in the tournament again.

njdevils94

Veteran
Well, that was an utter disgrace.

The officiating at this tournament has been diabolical. The referee who did Argentina vs Scotland should never referee in the tournament again.

I agree to an extent but I think the re-taken penalty by Wendie Renard against Nigeria was the correct decision as the keeper had gone marginally forward off her line.

Gabe

Super Moderator
Staff member
I agree to an extent but I think the re-taken penalty by Wendie Renard against Nigeria was the correct decision as the keeper had gone marginally forward off her line.

I think it's effectively tying the goalkeeper's hands behind her back. The effect of coming marginally (and we're talking a few centimetres here) off the line is negligible.

DaFlo

Banned
Chile </3 so close now we getting France - Brazil instead of Germany - Brazil </3

Also offside goals count nowadays I guess, that 2nd US goal today and Australias 3rd against Brazil were clear offside. I don't get why the VAR even let's the referee check, offside is a yes or no situation. Doesn't matter if the player touches the ball or not, the defender only makes the play because of the offside player standing there.

Top Bottom