Contact us

Women's World Cup 2019

njdevils94

Veteran
2019_FIFA_Women%27s_World_Cup.svg

Good start for the hosts :fr: France defeating :kr: South Korea 4-0. Center back Wendie Renard with 2 goals. Both of them headers off corners. Captain Amandine Henry a goal (best goal of the night by far. Sweet long range effort) and assist. Eugénie Le Sommer with the other goal and the other center back Griedge Mbock Bathy had what would of been a really nice finish hooked into the far corner ruled out for offsides. In my opinion the wrong call.

Mrvn

So excited for the game today. :de: vs ::na. Let's gooo. :de::de::de:

Schlagerman1

So excited for the game today. :de: vs ::na. Let's gooo. :de::de::de:

Yeah, looking forward to that one too, interesting to see how Germany stands nowadays. China is hard team to score against, but they SHOULD win this in the end. Sadly I see now that it is very few germans in the audience, I expected way more people in the crowd when it is held in a neighbouring country. :(

Schlagerman1

So far many interesting matches!

France looked insanely good against Korea, wonder if anyone could stop them (or will it be themselves as it always has been...)

Germany was really shaky defensively, but even when they play so-so, they always win, and so this time. China looks like a strong contender for the best 3rd placers to qualify to round of 16.

South Africa played better than I ever could imagine, but couldn't come back from those penalties (where the 2nd one shouldn't have been one IMO). Spain must shape up though to even has a chance against the best teams.

Norway won easily, no problem against Nigeria. I think Korea and Nigera will both fail to qualify to the round of 16...

And just now, Italy finally made this years first surprise by winning against Australia. Well deserved and really important for Italian football, that has started to give the women the recognition they deserve.

Looking forward to see Jamaica against Brazil, a country you never know if they are one of the best or not. And the derby England-Scotland will be a special one, where both teams has improved a lot recently! :D

Gabe

Super Moderator
Staff member
England looked pretty assured today, probably should have been 3-0 or 4-0 by the time Scotland scored though. Overall a professional performance, and a good start

njdevils94

Veteran
Seeing the highlights of Saturday's game between :es: Spain and :za: South Africa. Spain very lucky with those penalties. Great first goal by Thembi Kgatlana for Banyana Banyana.

Schlagerman1

Well Brazil won fairly easy as expected, but Jamaica showed that they weren't total pushovers at least and should be proud.

And England should have won much bigger against Scotland, they were by far the better team of the two. England looks like a strong contender for a medal here.

Interesting matches today as well, the champions of 2011 Japan against Argentina, will be interesting to see if Argentina has improved over the years they been gone from the world stage. Also my favorite team from 2015 Cameroon is up against Canada, a match which Canada probably will win, but I hope Cameroon give us the same lovely attack football that they brought us last world cup! :D

Preuss

I reckon the fact that Germany were awful two years ago, fielding some players where I'm able to say that I'm much better although I genuinely respect women's football and typically enjoy following tournaments and the Champions League final :D Those players did not play yesterday though which is good
I would not mind if Germany won this tournament as I have a positive bias towards German football and was as devastated as I was when Jess placed 20th last year when the Germans went out in the group stage in Russia
2018 was a bad year for me

Schlagerman1

Thank god we won that match...but UH same problem as always, noone is shooting!! Passes everywhere and nothing happens. Finally Asllani scores and also a Fantastic goal by our new star Madelen Janogy!

Now watching USA wreck Thailand...a goal every ten minutes is not impossible here....Asia do have one spot too many in Womens World Cup nowadays.

Himan

North Korea was defeated in pre qualification on goal difference by s. Korea... Hence Thailand was kinda lucky with all the draws to qualify ;)

DaFlo

Banned
Thailand
9c6t0gw.png

If you trash and you know it you gotta try some masterclass defending like Argentina did. Asian teams smh

Schlagerman1

Well, I knew the numbers would be big, but this was crazy. And I get irritated by the americans celebrating each goal like it was their first or 2nd, relax a little and show a little respect please. Anyhow, impossible to win the group for us, but I hope we can put the americans in their place in the last match, cause their behaviour was childish.

Sure that North Korea SHOULD have gotten Thailands place, but I believe that 5 asian teams are one too many. It is a big jump after Japan, Australia and China in asia, where now South Korea is 4th, and I guess that the 5th slot is to ensure that those three do qualify, but still.

Himan

Well I mean we can also talk about every other continent except Europe...

I think the best 24 countries are the three you named USA, Canada, Brazil and 18 European Countries...

Mrvn

What. A. Game. Spain would've deserved it, but I'm so happy rn. xheat

giphy.gif

Schlagerman1

Well I mean we can also talk about every other continent except Europe...

I think the best 24 countries are the three you named USA, Canada, Brazil and 18 European Countries...

Sure, but it is a world cup after all, so all continents should be there. Cameroon went on to the round of 16 four years ago and from what I watched so far I think that Argentina deserved their place after their hard thought draw, also New Zealand after a good showing against Netherlands. Womens football is evolving in all parts slowly but steadily. Also who knows, after Japan won in 2011, anything is possible in the years to come! :D

Top Bottom