Contact us

Who do #YOU want to win the Eurovision Song Contest 2017?

Sean

Admin
Staff member
The current top songs on our poll;

:be: Belgium - 248 votes
:it: Italy - 150 votes
:il: Israel - 146 votes
:pt: Portugal - 127 votes
:me: Montenegro - 124 votes

Keep voting!!

Turnip

Now out of the ones who have a non-negligible shot at winning, I’d either prefer :it: (the big fan favourite) or :pt:. Both would prove that you don’t need to sing in English to win Eurovision ( don’t forget either that Il Volo won the televote), and they’re both genuine, meaningful entries that have a story to tell, either through the lyrics or with the complete package. :D

Same xwave

Ezio

Veteran
:pt:
:it:
:fi:
:bg:
:be:

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
:fi: or :by:. There are one or two other songs I like as well, but these two are essentially the only ones I really care about and love.

A-lister

Veteran
:by: because it simply has what Eurovision should be all about: It's uplifting and in good spirits, it is fresh enough and differs from the rest, it incorporates local and ethnic motives but still works as a contemporary song, it's sung in native language (and for the first time ever we will hear Belarussian in Eurovision, and especially since the language struggles to survive, it's even more special), it's simply catchy.

if not :by: then :ee: would be my second choice, it's classic Eurovision Schlager-Pop but done in the right way with a modern and timeless twist to it, nice production, that makes it feel retro rather than dated (the latter is often the case with this genre attempt, but in this case it works), super catchy and very guilty-pleasure-ish.

randajad

Veteran
A rich country with good relations with other countries so we would not get shitshow à la Ukraine.

A-lister

Veteran
A rich country with good relations with other countries so we would not get shitshow à la Ukraine.

The show hasn't been yet and yet we know it's going to be "shit"? That's funny...

Germany is a rich country but had a pretty lame show (sure nice stage, but bad hosting, bad unrelated middle acts)... Austria was the same thing pretty much...

Not sure a "rich" country will directly mean the show will be great... now we kind of expect nice stages and graphics... but there's other aspects to making a great show aswell and that doesn't really come down to how rich a country is, rather than how well produced the show is, the hosts, the ideas for the show in general...

ScarlettGirl

Maybe my own, but I hope they don´t use the same script writer from out national final :? Probably won´t win though ;)

Although, I think it would be cool if :mk: , :pt: , :au: or :by: won. Since none of them has won I mean. I could also be cool with :it: or :uk: winning. xcheers

JChan

There is a surprising amount of votes for Israel in that poll, maybe I'm totally underestimating it?

Top Bottom