Contact us

Which Swedish city to host ESC 2013?

Dessi

But hardly anybody responded to my suggestion for Lulea, in the newly built Facebook Center?? Why not there? :confused:

Hahaha... Maybe nobody opened your link Mozz? :D ;)
Facebook Center... Yeah, it's the new resident of Queen Valentina Monetta (and all her computer servers). :lol:

FallenAngelII

Oh really??? You're serious.

:lol: :mrgreen:
It's friggin' 29 square miles. That's nothing. Do they even have enough hotels to accomodate 5000 tourists? Eurovision is going to bring tens of thousands of tourists/artists/workers to the host city. Luleå couldn't possibly accomodate them all. And then there's the problem of there not being enough restaurants to seat them all.

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
Finalen av Melodifestivalen 2013 i Friends Arena

melodifestivalen_2013_swedbank_arena_sverige.jpg

http://svt.se/melodifestivalen/finalen-av-melodifestivalen-2013-i-friends-arena

I think that the Eurovision will be there, because the hall can accommodate up to 65,000 viewers concert events

rajo

I hope Sweden brings something different to this recent LED wall fetishism.

Sweden, Albania and Germany didn't need the wall, and got very good results by just using spotlight.

Kristi

You know Eurovision is coming to town when...:D

The Royal Guard on Stockholm Slott performing the Swedish eurovision winner and european mega hit Euphoria by Loreen.

A-lister

Veteran
Stockholm in the new Friends Arena in Solna (part of Greater-Stockholm) most probably. I would be really surprised if Stockholm won't be the host city, and quite frank I wouldn't want any other host city either (although it's quite far from me personally).

A-lister

Veteran
It's not yet decided which city will host the ESC 2013. I think it will be Göteborg (Gothenburg), it's their "turn".

Swedish hosting cities for ESC:
1975: Stockholm
1985: Göteborg
1992: Malmö
2000: Stockholm
2013: ..if the scheme continues, It should be Göteborg.

Eva Hamilton, head of Swedish Televison, have said that nothing is decided yet. The decision will be made tomorrow, Monday.

My bet is: Welcome to Göteborg!

Highly doubt it, this was back in the days when the MF final was held according to the same 3-largerst-cities turn-system.

I hope it will be Stockholm because quite frankly it's the city most worth showcasing to Europe and the world.

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
Friends Arena is the only option. Eurovision needs to get bigger, not smaller. A LED screen the same size as Düsseldorf would be good.

Yamarus

Yes to the LED screen, no to Düsseldorf v.3.0. Did anyone else have the impression that the Baku team copied everything from Düsseldorf? The led-screen, the votes (exactly the same - bad! - system where the points hide the country's flag).

LokoFan444

Maybe Ostersund? =) Maybe will be awesome. Tis is sity have many big events for example biathlon world cup in December/

CPV4931

Yes to the LED screen, no to Düsseldorf v.3.0. Did anyone else have the impression that the Baku team copied everything from Düsseldorf? The led-screen, the votes (exactly the same - bad! - system where the points hide the country's flag).

indeed... maybe because it was produced by the same company (Brainpool)

kotten

Friends Arena in Solna, Stockholm. Don't see why we shouldn't place in our capital city when our neighbours have done the same? And yes of course it would be more convenient for me since I live there... ;)

But also MF final is in Stockholm so it would be kinda strange to place ESC somewhere else. Go for the biggest arena is what I op for.

blein

Malmo 2013. I think this way becouse Melodifestivalen was in malmo

Top Bottom