Contact us

Voting draw

ParadiseES

Georgia and Ukraine voting at the end of the show..... that's obviously cooked for Belarus :rolleyes:

Salmon

Voting draw
Azerbaijan: (Sabina Babayeva)

I am sure of tow things:

[...]

2. :am: will have 0 points after the first vote

CaptainobviousChooseOption.jpg

GRE

The draw looks good for Armenia, not good at all for Austria and kinda neutral for The Netherlands.

But don't forget about Hungary. That's a song that appeals to all blocks while Austria will miserably fail in the East, I don't see Netherlands doing so good there and, on the other hand, Armenia will get a lot in the East and not so much in the West.

We'll see :)
Armenia will do very well to the West,because of diaspora ;)

Mrm

Veteran
Alcazar reading votes! xgaah

Franco

Italy is towards the end, so the winner is probably a country that got many points from italian jury. I guess it's Austria. xthink

AdelAdel

How is the voting order relevant to anything? xcrazy If a country has to give some other country points, they will do it regardless of the voting order.

Mrm

Veteran
And these are the only things that could be known by the voting draw :lol:

And that:

1. Alcazar will read Swedish votes!! xgaah
2. Linda Martin won't read Irish votes!!! xgaah :mad:

Franco

How is the voting order relevant to anything?

Yes. They choose the voting order in such a way to make things interesting.
"Interesting" means the the winner stays low at the beginning and then rises towards the end, so that it's unexpected.
To plan this, they can rely only on the juries' vote, since they don't have the televotes yet.
So, the voting order can be reverse engineered to get a clue about the juries' winner.

WhoKnows

Couple of takeaways.
It's clear that :ua: is not winning. In fact, I don't think it was an eastern country that won the jury. They have Georgia and Ukraine back there as a red herring. If they do plan on announcing the winner before all have voted, the countries that vote right before the last 3-5 are the ones who clinch it for someone. It's likely that :se: didn't win the jury vote either. I'd assume it's :nl:.

Mlyn

Banned
The voting order speaks a lot for Hungary as well since Hungary has a strong entry and would be a political compromise between East and West. Slovenia as well as Ukraine and Austria are all neighbours of Hungary and towards the end...

WhoKnows

The voting order speaks a lot for Hungary as well since Hungary has a strong entry and would be a political compromise between East and West. Slovenia as well as Ukraine and Austria are all neighbours of Hungary and towards the end...

You're right. Hungary is kind of tricky to figure out but it's definitely a possible winner from that list.

strupberry

I think :at: and :nl: are more likely to get high amount of points from us than :hu: . Ahhh I hope it's exciting till the very end. :cool:

Jif

These are the last ten countries who will pubish their votes tonight, combined with the current itunes charts from some possible winners:

Finland: Austria 16 | Armenia 130 | Sweden 19 | Netherlands 72 | Hungary 143
Lithuania: Austria 196 | Armenia 62 | Sweden - | Netherlands 24 |Hungary 69
Austria: Austria - | Armenia 111 | Sweden 60 | Netherlands 40 | Hungary 168
Spain: Austria 191 | Armenia 289 | Sweden 286 | Netherlands 111 | Hungary -
Belgium: Austria 79 | Armenia - | Sweden 68 | Netherlands 41 | Hungary 160
Italy: Austria 109 | Armenia - | Sweden - | Netherlands - | Hungary -
Ukraine: Austria - | Armenia 217 | Sweden - | Netherlands - | Hungary -
Switzerland: Austria 7 | Armenia 265 | Sweden 119 | Netherlands 118 | Hungary -
Georgia: Austria - | Armenia - | Sweden - | Netherlands - | Hungary -
Slovenia: Austria 251 | Armenia 117 | Sweden - | Netherlands 39 | Hungary -

Mlyn

Banned
Well, I don't know if iTunes is a good indicator since the draw is decided upon juries and not the public and the voting figures in the semis depended heavily in which the countries were competing in. So many viewers of SF 1 haven't heard the songs of SF 2 yet and vice versa, which also reflects in the iTunes charts.

The Slovenian iTunes is particularly interesting, because they were with Austria in the semi and not with Netherlands, and yet NL does remarkably better

Jif

I know it is not possible to make real predictions based on this information. But the iTunes chart is the only possibilty to get a little grip on the popularity of a song in a country.

EscGeek

Veteran
itunes is useless site if you ask me...i got all my mp3's and mp4's from flvto youtube downloader:lol:
+ i prefer android over apple

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
I think it will be battle between exSoviet country and :at: in the end. With :ua: and :ge: giving high pts to exSoviet and :ch: and :sl: to :at:. Azerbaijan's voting the first gives me idea that after all :am: will be this exSoviet country.
Please let me be mistaken, I don't want both SOOC

martin

I think it will be battle between exSoviet country and :at: in the end. With :ua: and :ge: giving high pts to exSoviet and :ch: and :sl: to :at:. Azerbaijan's voting the first gives me idea that after all :am: will be this exSoviet country.
Please let me be mistaken, I don't want both SOOC

Please take wrong x0s
xcry

Top Bottom