13 6.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

theditz83

Veteran
There’s still only one name that makes any sense and there’s absolutely nothing to rule her out participating.
Does that name start with a J end with a d and have ane McDonal in the middle?

Sorry, I'll stop now - not long to go guys, the crushing indifference is calling my name xheya

Kitakaze

Does that name start with a J end with a d and have ane McDonal in the middle?

Sorry, I'll stop now - not long to go guys, the crushing indifference is calling my name xheya
In all honesty, I’d much prefer to see someone like Jane take to the stage than Mae and do we actually think the result would be much different?

ChiversLookDivine

Brits are very quick to bet on themselves without a real good reason... So this is not a sign for anything.
Surie shot up in the odds to around place 8 because of the stage invader. Like as if that suddenly meant she would be a winner.

So let's just wait and see 😬

No, I'm not having another year of the whole "SuRie was 8th in the odds after a stage invader" thing to ignore the UK's movement in the odds weeks and days from the reveal.

£500 bets for the UK placed on Smarkets last night, and a couple of £2-300 bets on around the 20th of February when our odds had their biggest jump is not the same as blindly drunk Eurovision viewers jumping onto William Hill after SuRie got jumped to place a fiver because they don't understand the voting system and didn't realise the juries had voted the night before and/or thought a stage invader would equal sympathy votes. May I remind you SuRie was 23rd in the odds the night before the final, no sign of "Brits being quick to bet on themselves".

Don't forget Sam rose to the Top 10 of the odds last year from around 25th over the course of a month or so, finally jumping from 10th to 5th in one go a few days before the reveal as insiders learned we had a decent song that year and placed big bets with that info.

Insider trading is absolutely a thing, especially days out from the reveal.

Last edited:

ChiversLookDivine

There’s still only one name that makes any sense and there’s absolutely nothing to rule her out participating.

I know this is bait, but I've still found no reason to doubt Rina Sawayama. It's not even that she has more proof than Mimi or Mae or Birdy - it's that she has less to prove it's not her.

The Mae rumour/leak? Fabricated by somebody based on little other than a visit to Maida Vale, and spread further by a mixture of UK fans terrified that we're bound to mess up after one good year, or those who choose to believe her because she's the smallest name in the mix. If her name hadn't been leaked people wouldn't have given her a second glance as her songs are just not a good fit for TaP or BBC, and I dare say the fake leak has worked as people have checked out her TikTok now.

BBC News reporting on the tickets selling out fast yesterday also mentioned the 'favourites' as being Rina, Birdy and Mimi, praising how they're all former BRIT Award nominees, practically shutting down the Mae rumour in one fell swoop.

Mimi has flat-out denied it's her. This is unlike the reports of Rina coyly dismissing Eurovision questions at her Euro tour appearances and her intimate charity concert the night before the BRITs, refusing to give a yes or no.

Birdy has the best song we're aware of in Raincatchers, but like Mimi is on a long tour in March and April. I'd dearly love it to be the song, however.

Rina? Nobody can give a clear reason why it shouldn't or can't be her. No tour to speak of, a fan of Eurovision, backed by the BBC throughout 2022, her album being inspired by Eurovision, and she's worked with TaP. Her long haul of 'troll' TikToks continue to mystify and can't just be explained away as a troll. The way I see it TaP told us clearly the sort of artist they were looking for (a non-British woman), Sam told us clearly he wanted the next artist to be diverse, the BBC have outright been hinting at her on the radio, TV and on their podcast. It's only a matter of time, I'm sure of it.

Maia

BBC News reporting on the tickets selling out fast yesterday also mentioned the 'favourites' as being Rina, Birdy and Mimi, praising how they're all former BRIT Award nominees, practically shutting down the Mae rumour in one fell swoop.
if anything, the fact they deliberately left Mae out of that article suggests that it likely is her... Leaving the name of the selected artist out of the list and just going with the other names that have been rumoured seems like a deliberate choice to keep it a secret until reveal day. I don't see why else she would've been left out when she's been so heavily speculated about as well.

FilipFromSweden

HarryUK

Veteran
The 2:57 version of Holy (Til You Let Me Go) by Rina Sawayama (just called ‘Holy’) is scheduled for a midnight release on Friday…..

Kitakaze

The 2:57 version of Holy (Til You Let Me Go) by Rina Sawayama (just called ‘Holy’) is scheduled for a midnight release on Friday…..
There‘s no way of discerning when the songs were uploaded to that ASCAP database nor of the song duration so sadly I think that should be discounted as it’s likely just someone chasing clout for likes on Twitter.

HarryUK

Veteran
There‘s no way of discerning when the songs were uploaded to that ASCAP database nor of the song duration so sadly I think that should be discounted as it’s likely just someone chasing clout for likes on Twitter.
I am chasing for clout on here do you mind :ROFLMAO:

ESC_Peggy

That Super TV Twitter account is dubious at best. They tweeted about an announcement before and it didn't happen
If you mean a Eurovision announcement on Radio 2 there was meant to be one but it didn't actually happen as stated for some unknown reason. It happened the day after.

ChiversLookDivine

Just to say that the 'Holy is registered twice on the database' guy is back with another potential scoop.

I checked it for myself on Shazam - and Holy does indeed only have 12 shazams whilst sat in her 'Top Songs' section alongside her hits with thousands of shazams. Just to note, Holy is track 6 on Hold The Girl, I can't find this 'Track 6' in the picture but I would bet they've had their data/ID's crossed for a new version that retains its old Shazam figures...

enjoy @Sean ! Happy Rina Day tomorrow.

Top Bottom