• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Well, ngl I think we all know who we would want to win in a Rina vs Mae showdown. I'm not against Mae going in the future with a great song, but is it really even a choice between the 2? :LOL: has to be Rina.

StephenMuckle

This was an update from Mae Muller's newsletter

"
hello STUNNING people!!

hope this lovely tuesday is treating you all well xx

know i've been a bit MIA recently but let me tell you, BIG things are coming!! i promise, you are not ready

u know me i am actually ✨ way ✨ too excited for my own good, i just had to share a lil sneak peek of what's to come x

THERE IT IS just a little song I wrote... hope u love it as much as i do!! 💗💗

stay tuned & speak VERY soon,
Mae xxx "

This has gotten me slightly worried now 😔😔

HarryUK

Didn't Sam stay totally silent on the ESC rumours last year? I couldn't imagine our entrant would be allowed to announce their own song through a newsletter. The Rina teasing at least seems more structured and playful, like it has come from TaP themselves

Maia

I'm pretty sure Sam was posting loads of TikToks about how he had exciting news that he couldn't speak about days before he was announced. It does look like it's going to be Mae.

Cestrian18

This had been a rollercoaster, that snippet is not great, and I think this is the Claudia Valentina playbook of trying to get some more exposure.

It could be someone totally left field, let's face it, we've had nothing concrete all season

Chrisiam

From the listing for Scott Mills show tomorrow:

"She's one of the UK's most exciting pop stars, being nominated for 'Best New Talent' at the Brit Awards. She's about to go on tour but Mimi Webb's popping in for a chat with Scott."

So most likely her interview tomorrow will be about her upcoming tour and possibly asking her about Eurovision because it is the big topic of conversation at the moment. I will be honest, I am not as familiar with the full timings of things for Eurovision, but it'd have to be a pretty short tour to give her time to do that and Eurovision itself.

As has been pointed out, this leaves us with it being either Mae or Rina. Rina feels most likely given the fact the BBC already has posters of her up in one of their buildings as was pointed out a few pages ago as well as the fact she seems to have been teasing things more heavily. Though to be honest I feel the evidence for her feels a little more tangible. The stuff with Muller feels a little more tenuous. Especially if we believe the Crystal Ball tweet aimed at Universal as Muller's label isn't part of them.

I mean, goodness, people have tried to argue that it would be her because someone said they had "mulled things over" or something. And I guess using a common turn of phrase is actually a coded message saying it'll be her. I'm willing to be proven wrong but I can't help but feel we've reached the calamity-seeking stage of speculation.

StephenMuckle

From the listing for Scott Mills show tomorrow:

"She's one of the UK's most exciting pop stars, being nominated for 'Best New Talent' at the Brit Awards. She's about to go on tour but Mimi Webb's popping in for a chat with Scott."

So most likely her interview tomorrow will be about her upcoming tour and possibly asking her about Eurovision because it is the big topic of conversation at the moment. I will be honest, I am not as familiar with the full timings of things for Eurovision, but it'd have to be a pretty short tour to give her time to do that and Eurovision itself.

As has been pointed out, this leaves us with it being either Mae or Rina. Rina feels most likely given the fact the BBC already has posters of her up in one of their buildings as was pointed out a few pages ago as well as the fact she seems to have been teasing things more heavily. Though to be honest I feel the evidence for her feels a little more tangible. The stuff with Muller feels a little more tenuous. Especially if we believe the Crystal Ball tweet aimed at Universal as Muller's label isn't part of them.

I mean, goodness, people have tried to argue that it would be her because someone said they had "mulled things over" or something. And I guess using a common turn of phrase is actually a coded message saying it'll be her. I'm willing to be proven wrong but I can't help but feel we've reached the calamity-seeking stage of speculation.

Mae is signed to Capitol records. UMG is its parent company.

grazy2266

I'm still buzzing from getting some Eurovision tickets today, but I just wanna know who our artist and song is now :)

ArmpitOfEurope

I really hope its not Mae Muller, she is just Brooke 2.0
( nvm no shade to Brooke, she was a sweetheart! )

theditz83

Veteran
That Mimi Webb song "Freezing" sounds totally like something BBC would've sent 5 years ago with majorly vanilla staging that would struggle to get into the Top 20.

I really don't think it's Rina at this stage - she played a helluva cracking troll game, but that's it I reckon.

Why are we even stressing anyway - we all know it's just a battle for 2nd again this year behind Loreen xqueenbitch

HarryUK

That Mimi Webb song "Freezing" sounds totally like something BBC would've sent 5 years ago with majorly vanilla staging that would struggle to get into the Top 20.

I really don't think it's Rina at this stage - she played a helluva cracking troll game, but that's it I reckon.

Why are we even stressing anyway - we all know it's just a battle for 2nd again this year behind Loreen xqueenbitch
Not gonna lie, I’ll be shouting and screaming whenever Loreen gets points. More than the UK probably lol

Top Bottom