7 5.0%

6 4.3%

7 5.0%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
United-Kingdom-scaled.jpg

bstream

+1 vote for the Foxes girl. Just discovered her through this thread and Lose My Cool and Let Go For Tonight are nice slices of pop (just clicked on the first two I saw); feel free to recommend specific others lol

Can anyone speak to her live vocals and stage presence?

Romeo

I will say this once and just once (today).... V5 or No Love Lost from X Factor Celebrity need to go to Eurovision 2020!

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Made a total flop ignore this xo

theCONWEL

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
bag of chips? Now I hope you actually mean chips and not crisps. Otherwise you'd have just committed a crime in the British ESC thread, or was that the intention? xthink

Baga Chipz is one of the queens in Drag Race UK xheat

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

AlekS

Veteran
DDC (Divina de Campo) is the one and only winner of Drag Race UK, imo.
That whistle register (at 1:43), that style :eek:

Frock Destroyers or noone else, BBC, you heard me xsnooty

XwWnzTi.gif
MetBQoP.gif

can't stand the Vivienne.

MalagaToledo

Banned
DDC (Divina de Campo) is the one and only winner of UK Drag Race imo.
That whistle register (at 1:43), that style :eek:

Frock Destroyers or noone else, BBC, you heard me xsnooty

can't stand the Vivienne.

This track is even much more interesting while watching their choreography. I do hope that after Bilal, 2020 is the year6of another drag act. In eurovision, people have won with just the background show, their voice was average (mans zelmerow). Lena was the winner with the most false notes. Netta? Azerbaijan? So, yeah bring them BBC to esc. They sound amazing, they will instantly have atention of everyone, be noticed and their show will be even better. BTW, I can't find performance of the other group.

Sammy

Veteran
This track is even much more interesting while watching their choreography. I do hope that after Bilal, 2020 is the year6of another drag act. In eurovision, people have won with just the background show, their voice was average (mans zelmerow). Lena was the winner with the most false notes. Netta? Azerbaijan? So, yeah bring them BBC to esc. They sound amazing, they will instantly have atention of everyone, be noticed and their show will be even better. BTW, I can't find performance of the other group.

Since you often stress your love for facts, it would be good to note that Bilal was not a drag act. He falls rather in the category of gender-fluid which is a different concept.
Drag is to entertain people by overdoing the opposite genders stereotypes and to make fun of these stereotypical conceptions of gender roles. Bilal was in no moment making fun of gender stereotypes nor did he overdo them. He was much more smoothing the sharp differences of both genders with his style and appearance, whereas drag does the complete opposite. In drag you know exactly that the artist wants to impersonate a woman (or in the case of drag kings, a man), Bilal tried to position his appearance somewhere in-between so that you could see him as male AND female at the same time.
So even if both routines criticize the distinction between men and women based on gender roles, the difference in their strategy is so big, that there is no way whatsoever to classify Bilal as a drag act - and that's a fact.

theditz83

Veteran
Just popping my head in here to say that while I was thoroughly entertained by the Frock Destroyers and their performance on Drag Race, I do not for one second think that they would be a suitable choice for Eurovision since we will merely be pandering to the ancient and pathetic stereotypes that the UK public place on our participation at the contest.

Looking forward to seeing some actual news from BBC and hoping they won't leave us hanging until February until we get some little morsels to get ridiculously uber-hyped over. Over-analysis mode is primed and ready for action... :lol:

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Dua Lipa's new song would be an IDEAL Eurovision entry in a perfect world... if only we could've convinced her to save it for March and go all out... sigh...

Romeo

Dua Lipa's new song would be an IDEAL Eurovision entry in a perfect world... if only we could've convinced her to save it for March and go all out... sigh...

I think she is waiting for Kosovo to debut and I think we will see her

LastDreamer

Banned
Dua is awful singer.

Romeo

I had a strange similar feeling, I hope it's the case. Kosovo coming to snatch the title on their debut

That would be epic!

Top Bottom