29 12.3%

30 12.8%

21 8.9%

24 10.2%

17 7.2%

40 17.0%

• Total voters

PashQueerLife

I've just noticed on ESCTracker that Storm is currently 24th in Armenia (ahead of Feugo in 25th, France in 64th, and the only ones ahead of her are Nobody but You in 20th and Toy in 7th) and 37th in Finland on iTunes. I wonder if both will send us some love (i.e. points) on Saturday.

I still believe we could do just as well as last year, but it all depends on the running order and what other countries draw the first half from Semi 2. If it's front loaded with slow/ballads then the organisers will want to spread out their uptempo songs to brake up the the monotony. To me Storm does not make sense as an opener, and I wouldn't be surprise if Spain is in the number 2 slot to keep it away from Portugal. I could see UK being placed somewhere around 5-10 and that might help it.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
We topped the Czech charts last year for a while and still got 0 in their televote so it means nothing.

in other news:

We somehow escaped the death zone and got slot 9 right after a break. The eurovision gods are looking down on us. xrollinglol

Chorizo

Lol if it is really true then I am in total shock. I don't think think Austria is anything particularly worth writing home about, but it's a much stronger song than anything from our NF. How many other songs got rejected that were stronger?

Now I'm waiting for the rumor that Fuego was rejected by the BBC too. :D

grazy2266

How fitting that SuRie gets the Terry Wogan Memorial Slot (song #9)

I thought that too lol.

I hope she does well, I'm at the Jury live final tonight and I'm sure she will get everyone dancing, they did jump and dance and sing very loudly to her song yesterday in the Eurovision village. It's funny we don't do that well at Eurovision generally but all our merchandise for the UK is sold out. I try to buy a uk pin badge yesterday, the lady said "oh no we have sold out but I have loads of badges left for San Marino do you want one?" Ummmmm i declined lol

theditz83

Veteran
So we either have a prime slot after the ad break which will give the song more impact, or we have just been gifted the "oh, has it started again?" slot that will result in people missing most of the song after their toilet break/drink refill trip...

I still think we'll be lucky to get close to the left-hand side of the board. ;)

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
So we either have a prime slot after the ad break which will give the song more impact, or we have just been gifted the "oh, has it started again?" slot that will result in people missing most of the song after their toilet break/drink refill trip...

I still think we'll be lucky to get close to the left-hand side of the board. ;)

UK will be lucky to not come bottom 3.

dcs34

We topped the Czech charts last year for a while and still got 0 in their televote so it means nothing.

in other news:

We somehow escaped the death zone and got slot 9 right after a break. The eurovision gods are looking down on us. xrollinglol

Or, the BBC's finally learnt that so long as they keep our staging reasonably intricate, we'll keep getting a slot at the start of each block.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Interestingly, ITV news (NOT BBC!) has just done a big promotion for SuRie and the Eurovison. They of course spoke about a possible 'brexit' effect :rolleyes: but people they interviewed quickly dismissed that idea. They interviewed her directly and highlighted her performance at the British Embassy. Also, on another part they stated that in the UK watching eurovision causes an increase in life satisfaction. :lol: It also said that taking part and doing badly was better for the UK than not taking part at all. Imo it's yet more evidence that ITV would be a better broadcaster in charge, they're promoting a contest they don't even have on their channel.

Also, no matter our result tomorrow night I think it's nice to see some more positivity around or song in the UK. I can't say for any you, but anyone i've discussed it with and have heard our song say they really like our entry which is a change from the usual "our song is total sh*t" I hear all so often. Not to mention SuRie is such a wonderful ambassador for us.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I really quite like the :uk: entry this year. It's not amazing perhaps, but it's really enjoyable and a breath of fresh air from the UK.

Let's swap countries for tomorrow. I can be a Swede and you can be a Brit. Anna, you Surie fan girl, you.. blessxheart

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I really quite like the :uk: entry this year. It's not amazing perhaps, but it's really enjoyable and a breath of fresh air from the UK.

You're an honorary Brit for the duration of the final Anna. xheat

Come and join us in the darkside for eurovision.
tenor.gif

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
Let's swap countries for tomorrow. I can be a Swede and you can be a Brit. Anna, you Surie fan girl, you.. blessxheart
You can have Sweden all you want. :lol: I wouldn't say I'm a fan girl, I only gave the song 7 in the poll. :lol: But I do really enjoy it. My heart is with :dk: :ee: :lt: this year. xheat

Lupus

Piece of Wonk
Interestingly, ITV news (NOT BBC!) has just done a big promotion for SuRie and the Eurovison. They of course spoke about a possible 'brexit' effect :rolleyes: but people they interviewed quickly dismissed that idea. They interviewed her directly and highlighted her performance at the British Embassy. Also, on another part they stated that in the UK watching eurovision causes an increase in life satisfaction. :lol: It also said that taking part and doing badly was better for the UK than not taking part at all. Imo it's yet more evidence that ITV would be a better broadcaster in charge, they're promoting a contest they don't even have on their channel.

Also, no matter our result tomorrow night I think it's nice to see some more positivity around or song in the UK. I can't say for any you, but anyone i've discussed it with and have heard our song say they really like our entry which is a change from the usual "our song is total sh*t" I hear all so often. Not to mention SuRie is such a wonderful ambassador for us.

I also like the fact that the BBC have been publishing a series of articles about Eurovision this week. Some years you can almost not realise it's on when looking at the website :p Today's is quite interesting http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-43975088 :D

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
You can have Sweden all you want. :lol: I wouldn't say I'm a fan girl, I only gave the song 7 in the poll. :lol: But I do really enjoy it. My heart is with :dk: :ee: :lt: this year. xheat

I like Estonia at least from those (very grand), and then Denmark and Lithuania I have at least softened on after their ESC performances. I've got a voice problem though with Lithuania's song. Surprised you don't too actually after the video you left in my WorldVision greenroom topic the other day, but it is a beautiful piece of music. I'm kind of interested to find out your opinion on Hungaryxheat

I think the UKs song is not the very worst of the year, and it's harmless, but I actually don't know who we're going to be able to beat in this final. I think last place is a big possibility, even if Surie is a competent singer and delivers it ok.

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
I like Estonia at least from those (very grand), and then Denmark and Lithuania I have at least softened on after their ESC performances. I've got a voice problem though with Lithuania's song. Surprised you don't too actually after the video you left in my WorldVision greenroom topic the other day, but it is a beautiful piece of music. I'm kind of interested to find out your opinion on Hungaryxheat

I think the UKs song is not the very worst of the year, and it's harmless, but I actually don't know who we're going to be able to beat in this final. I think last place is a big possibility, even if Surie is a competent singer and delivers it ok.
I do have a bit of a voice problem with Lithuania for probably the same reasons you do, but the song is just so lovely that I don't really care. :lol: The Lithuanian version is even better:

Regarding :hu:... I do like it I guess, but it also leaves me quite underwhelmed. The sound is a little too... generic American high school/college commercial hard rock for me.

mauve

Veteran
I do have a bit of a voice problem with Lithuania for probably the same reasons you do, but the song is just so lovely that I don't really care. :lol: The Lithuanian version is even better:

Regarding :hu:... I do like it I guess, but it also leaves me quite underwhelmed. The sound is a little too... generic American high school/college commercial hard rock for me.

xshock Wow I like this Version even better than the English one ... very very beautiful!!! xrose

Kevan1994

Something about Storm just reminds me of the Building Bridges opening song from the 2015 contest.

Iker

Veteran
You're an honorary Brit for the duration of the final Anna. xheat

Come and join us in the darkside for eurovision.
tenor.gif

I think the song will receive 10-30 jury points and is not going to finish dead last in the final thanks to them. I remember Anja from Denmark receiving quite
a lot of points this way and the song itself was also middle-of-the-road and quite underwhelming. The starting order is not bad for UK.

Top Bottom