Contact us

UNITED KINGDOM 2010 - Josh Dubovie - That Sounds Good to Me

how do you rate the entry?

• Total voters

imno12u

Re: UNITED KINGDOM - United Kingdom 2010

Simon Cowell rules Susan Boyle with an iron thumb and he has said on many occasions that he hates Eurovision and everything it stands for so Susan wouldnt be allowed anywhere near Eurovision, as others have said

KilledByShoes

That's fine with me, I somehow don't like the idea of SB taking part in ESC. :?

TF100

There's still no announcement as to what will take So You Think You Can Dance's slot when it finishes, and it finishes pretty soon... the fact that they haven't announced yet is not a good sign as it either means they haven't finalised it themselves or that whoever they've got isn't worth making a fuss over :?

Sean

Admin
Staff member

imno12u said:
and he has said on many occasions that he hates Eurovision and everything it stands for

Weird that a runner-up on his show went to ESC in 2008 then :lol:

imno12u

Sean said:
imno12u said:
and he has said on many occasions that he hates Eurovision and everything it stands for

Weird that a runner-up on his show went to ESC in 2008 then :lol:

Andy Abraham had long been dropped by Syco in 2008. I think Abraham was dropped from Syco in early 2007- Jan./Feb.- about 15-16 months before he was in Eurovision

Otto

I sent some e-mails across to Jayne Collins again.. hopefully they will reply by Monday :)

(Jayne Collins are the casting company used for YCNY 2009 and 2010 - most of the acts last year were found via them (I think it was only the twins + charlotte who were found using the public call on TV) and this year they'll do all of the finding themselves)

paddyirl

Ohh Jayne is a legend didn't she create pop sensations The Saturdays.

Also its a bit rich for Cowell to critize ESC, at least at ESC original songs are preformed and not covers like his X Factor winners. Also his on/off lover Sinitta tried out for ESC all those years ago.

Otto

paddyirl said:
Ohh Jayne is a legend didn't she create pop sensations The Saturdays.

Yep she did, she's their manager :D

MrJadeEwen

so we definately have Graham Norton in the commentary box again... :lol: lets hope his reaction time is slightly slower this year :lol:

Bojan

maybe they gonna choose The Saturdays this year to sing few songs :eek: it's very much possible :p :lol:

Otto

Bojan said:
maybe they gonna choose The Saturdays this year to sing few songs :eek: it's very much possible :p :lol:

That would be great :p But we're going to follow the same selection process as last year ("Your country needs you"), so they won't represent us this year :( I think they'll be a guest on the show like last year though ;)

Bojan

so is it confirmed that gonna be the same NF as last year ? :?

MrJadeEwen

yeh, well the casting site confirmed it, the BBC haven't yet

Otto

muffin said:
yeh, well the casting site confirmed it, the BBC haven't yet

Well it was more of a twitter message saying "Want to represent the UK in Eurovision? e-mail me for more details.", and a reply to popjustice "You'll love the songwriter!" :lol: :mrgreen:

Kirkland

Well it was more of a twitter message saying "Want to represent the UK in Eurovision?
Jayn Collins has also posted a message in the Jayn Collins Casting group on facebook saying " We will be starting our search for Eurovision very soon so stay posted to this page!" that was posted on the 2nd of January. Hopefully the BBC are gonna announce what they plan soon I don't want it to be some last minute thing as that will no doubt hamper our chances.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

Kirkland said:
Well it was more of a twitter message saying "Want to represent the UK in Eurovision?
Jayn Collins has also posted a message in the Jayn Collins Casting group on facebook saying " We will be starting our search for Eurovision very soon so stay posted to this page!" that was posted on the 2nd of January. Hopefully the BBC are gonna announce what they plan soon I don't want it to be some last minute thing as that will no doubt hamper our chances.

brings back Scooch memories.

This sounds really promising to me though and I have high hopes for the UK this year.

MrJadeEwen

isn't the deadline longer this year. as before the UK are gonna do it last minute! :evil: it had better be worth the wait

Kirkland

muffin said:
isn't the deadline longer this year. as before the UK are gonna do it last minute! :evil: it had better be worth the wait
I think the BBC will definitely wait for 'So you think you can dance' to end which will mean the national selection will have to start on the 20th of February which will mean the PR campaign of visiting Malta's NF etc will not happen this year. It does make sense putting it there as I predict that Andrew LLoyd Webber's show will be on during the end of March (Love never dies has its first preview on the 20th so he will be busy) so there will be a gap of a few weeks for the national selection to occur.

MrJadeEwen

or scrap the national selection and send something like "bad boys" :cool:

TF100

First plausible rumour of the season regarding the performer is that one of the people chosen to compete was a member of the early 00s boyband Northern Line...

Top Bottom