Ravlyk

I'd rather have:
Vocal expert
option 1 option 2 option 3
Production expert
option 1 option 2 option 3
etc.

FilipFromSweden

Sorry but anyone but Jamala as a juror, she always votes for the same kind of song

Rocket man

It's been 1 full day of voting for the jurors with 216 000 votes cast.

The top 3:

Jamala - 17.24%
Taras Topolia - 16.3%
Iuliia Sanina - 16.16%

The 4th place has 12.8%.
I'm glad that Jamala seems to still be popular in Ukraine, this might be an unpopular opinion but I thought Jamala was unfairly mocked by eurofans and judged harshly after the Maruv incident. And her win in 2016 will always be memorable.

A-lister

Veteran
Jamala as a judge is a bit hit-or-miss, sometimes she gets it and sometimes she's completely out of touch. But I'd still give her the benefit of the doubt.

I respect Taras for his commitment to the Ukrainian defense, but not sure I'd trust his judgement after his ranting about Go_A being russian and whatnot.

Also Jamala, Taras and Yulia, just based on the names alone I think Ukraine will go for another male rock act... if that's the case it better be better than O. Torvald

A-lister

Veteran
^ Judging by the names, there's only 1 rock song and it won't get past auditions.

I hope so, I don't mind a good rock song and Ukraine has a bunch of good rock bands, but unfortunately most rock songs in ESC aren't specifically good (not just when it comes to Ukraine, generally speaking). There has been some gems throughout the years sure, but overall.

AlekS

Veteran
I hope so, I don't mind a good rock song and Ukraine has a bunch of good rock bands, but unfortunately most rock songs in ESC aren't specifically good (not just when it comes to Ukraine, generally speaking). There has been some gems throughout the years sure, but overall.
lu6nT8F.jpg

I highly doubt that Sanina will fall for something like this.
The name is right down my alley. sexnesc :sneaky: Their live vocals didn't convince me tho 👀

nick_idk

MOISEI recently performed together with PIANOBOY (aka Dima Shurov, aka Vidbir music producer):
Gives me a feeling he may have a pretty solid chance of making the final list.
He is a soldier, and known for performing violin covers in support of the army. Since his main thing is violin, I wonder if he will have someone else doing vocals on the song, as well as how much vocal there will even be.
Could be quite the entry though.

hijirio

Veteran
Jamala is such a one hit wonder.

Sis has a great voice but is wasting her talent with mediocre boring ass songs, she would have probably NQ’ed if she participated in ESC with any song she released before and after ‘1994’.

So yeah, I get that people want her as a juror but…….. I think there should be someone with a solid career, who can also help guide the artist on post-ESC path to commercial success. Jamala should first help herself and work on her own career instead of relying on 1944 even after 7 goddamn years

hijirio

Veteran
Also asking for a friend, why isn’t a Kalush member chosen for jury?? Aren’t they the recordbreaking winners of the last contest? I was expecting them to be more popular 💅🏿 💅🏿 *sigh*

A-lister

Veteran

Sis has a great voice but is wasting her talent with mediocre boring ass songs, she would have probably NQ’ed if she participated in ESC with any song she released before and after ‘1994’.

So yeah, I get that people want her as a juror but…….. I think there should be someone with a solid career, who can also help guide the artist on post-ESC path to commercial success. Jamala should first help herself and work on her own career instead of relying on 1944 even after 7 goddamn years

Jamala is literary one of the biggest domestic names in Ukraine, hardly a flop career. So she doesn't have an international career? The same can be said about 99.99% of all ESC acts and winners :lol:

I can get that her stuff is not for everyone, but she is a big name in Ukraine so having her on the panel isn't strange at all (eventhough she wouldn't be my first choice either).

Anyways, at least they have domestically known names in their jury, have you seen juries that decide 50% of the outcome in Eurovision? Frightening :lol:

WhoKnows

What? She has many iconic songs. Shlyakh Dodomu, Chomu Kvity Mayut' Ochi, Zlyva, Zaplutalas', Zamanyly, etc.

A-lister

Veteran
What? She has many iconic songs. Shlyakh Dodomu, Chomu Kvity Mayut' Ochi, Zlyva, Zaplutalas', Zamanyly, etc.

For some people not doing commercial Pop equals "flop"... but anyways @hijirio just shows lack of knowledge about the Ukrainian music scene with that statement, since Jamala is literally one of the biggest and most respected names in Ukrainian music.

If we talk international careers, then the same can be said about most ESC winners and competitors, so it's not really a good measurement.

Literally the only name coming out from ESC for the past decades that made an international career (based on more than 1 single) is Måneskin, and that's it.

Mainshow

Veteran
Also asking for a friend, why isn’t a Kalush member chosen for jury?? Aren’t they the recordbreaking winners of the last contest? I was expecting them to be more popular 💅🏿 💅🏿 *sigh*

Kalush are busy performing around the world and singing with successful bands such as The Rasmus :fi: (2,7 million views within 2 weeks) and Szpaku :pl: (getting 500,000 klicks within 2 days which is kinda big for a European artist) as well as performing at the MTV European Music Awards in :de: next week.

AlekS

Veteran
If you weren't spreading your butthurt all over the forum :LOL: maybe you would have already known that he was considered as a juror, until a temporary band member submitted his song to Vidbir.

Kalush are busy performing around the world and singing with successful bands such as The Rasmus :fi: (2,7 million views within 2 weeks) and Szpaku :pl: (getting 500,000 klicks within 2 days which is kinda big for a European artist) as well as performing at the MTV European Music Awards in :de: next week.
Also they're touring all over Europe and North America.
Meanwhile, the troll's fave performed worse in the charts :lol: 80% (!) of Spotify streams came from her own country. Moreover, 25-30% of her streams had to be filtered by Spotify because of crazy fanbase xrofl

Last edited:

AlekS

Veteran
The voting is over. 505 536 people have voted xfaint The usual amount of voters in Vidbir final is approx. 70-90k xbow

The jury is Taras Topolia (Antytila), Jamala, Julia Sanina (The Hardkiss):

viVqV4o.jpg

And the rest candidates:

yLvPZcC.jpg

We are gonna vote in the Diia state app on Vidbir as well.

Last edited:

Mainshow

Veteran
Interesting and great pick, imo.
Music-wise, it´s quite diverse - it will be interesting if their own preferences in music will also be reflected in their voting.

Top Bottom