• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator

flag-800.png

Стефанія мамо мамо Стефанія
Розквітає поле, а вона сивіє
Заспівай мені мамо колискову
Хочу ще почути твоє рідне слово

Вона мене колисала дала мені ритм і напевне силу волі не забрати в мене, бо дала вона
Напевне знала може більше і від Соломона
Ламаними дорогами прийду я завжди до тебе
Вона не розбудить, не будить, мене в сильні бурі
Забере в бабулі дві дулі, ніби вони кулі
Дуже добре знала мене не була обманута, як була дуже втомлена, гойдала мене в такт
Люлі люлі люлі...

Я не в пеленах но ма но ма, хватить, як би я не виріс на виріст за речі платить
Я не мала дитина, вона далі нерви тратить, я гуляв, шляк би тебе трафив
Ти все молода о мамо на піку, якщо не ціню опіку на піку слави мені в тупику
Забивайте піку цю піку, я би попік спік, своєю любов'ю
Люлі люлі люлі...

Хочу ще почути твоє рідне слово​

Last edited by a moderator:

A-lister

Veteran
In spite of what happened (and if Alina really faked the documents, she should be legally punished for it), I won't be able to support Kalush, even if I like their song. One thing is to question the organisation of the show (and if you feel like there is something fishy going on, please, do so) but leading to the persecution of the person who won is a completely different thing. Their behaviour was ruthless and at this point I'm not sure they would accept not winning, even if the winner was a "legal winner". You're out of my ranking this year, Ukraine. Bye!

Ethically I completely agree with you, they acted disgusting and part of me would prefer another entrant in that sense.

But I will try to judge only the entries in ESC, I have no idea what skeletons in the closet other acts that entered or will enter ESC had.

A-lister

Veteran
Now watch Kalush rejecting :lol: If they do this, my last rests of respect to them will fade away forever.
Yeah, that would be the lowest point.

Like screaming all this, and then say no in the end? So what they would have achieved was discredit the broadcaster, Alina whom they literally harassed (sure she might not be completely innocent but it's not like she killed kittens), and ultimately spread negative news about Ukraine.

hijirio

Veteran
All I know is that if they send Alina to ESC by any chance after this mess, they are so winning the contest.

FilipFromSweden

again you're trying to make some odd case that Alina had no public support and that the televote winner should always win regardless..
stop putting words in my mouth, I've enknowledged her being 2nd in the televote, but she was not the public's overall choice. I'm all about juries if it is 1. professional and 2. makes sense in contrast to the number of televoters. A ratio of 3:200000 makes no sense. Besides, contestants shouldn't have to be asked questions from jury members in the first place, especially not political ones. My conclussion is that the Vidbir structure is either corrupt or grossly unfair, all in all the televote winner has been asked to represent the country so it all worked out in the end

AlekS

Veteran
All I know is that if they send Alina to ESC by any chance after this mess, they are so winning the contest.
That's what PBC doesn't want. The boss of Vidbir said this in an ESC podcast few days before Vidbir:
"As an exec I don't want Ukraine to win", because of organization yada yada yada, "2nd place would be awesome".

Thankfully, he promised to resign. So I'm waiting
TG93yGV.gif

FilipFromSweden

I meant again her musical expertise, the rest is a tricky subject. Ukraine is in war and under invasion and occupation, just like with your comment about patriotism you show little understanding of the context here.

Israel/Palestine has nothing to do with Sweden, Crimea has all to do with Ukraine.
Are we gonna act like Ukraine would've collapsed in 2019 if Jamala hadn't kept her agenda out of it? The contest is supposed to be non-political, a country having a political situation is a weak excuse

Fierro

Are we gonna act like Ukraine would've collapsed in 2019 if Jamala hadn't kept her agenda out of it? The contest is supposed to be non-political, a country having a political situation is a weak excuse
Jamala has nothing to do with Maruv's withdrawal. You can call me delusional or Jamala's defender, but people literally make a world enemy out of her. Maruv wouldn't go to ESC anyway.

FilipFromSweden

Jamala has nothing to do with Maruv's withdrawal. You can call me delusional or Jamala's defender, but people literally make a world enemy out of her. Maruv wouldn't go to ESC anyway.
I'm aware Jamala gave Kalush her highest score. My argument is that the Vidbir jury system overruled the televoters, and the Vidbir jury system with 3 people isn't right.

hijirio

Veteran
Kalush are so toxic xpuke please avoid at all costs

If they swallow all their mess and accept the offer at this point, they will only confirm that they have no backbone

FilipFromSweden

Also I'm a bit surprised so many here claim she would've won. ESC as we know it today usually sees winners who make a splash in the mainstream arena of music, for example Måneskin, Duncan Laurence and Netta. There is no way this song would've been able to fulfill the criteria that the 3 I just mentioned did, it's not a memorable song

Fierro

Also I'm a bit surprised so many here claim she would've won. ESC as we know it today usually sees winners who make a splash in the mainstream arena of music, for example Måneskin, Duncan Laurence and Netta. There is no way this song would've been able to fulfill the criteria that the 3 I just mentioned did, it's not a memorable song
2022 is expected to be a weak year + we already had winners in the past that didn't blow up charts (Jamala, Salvador...). Eurovision is not about charts. Remember on what place Moldovan mess finished in 2018

Hayato

All so very easy to say if you didn't like the song, of course. Did 1944 or Amar Pelos Dois make a splash in the mainstream media prior to winning? Thought not. Alina was second in the odds after winning, so i'm afraid that there will always be that element of her being a possible winner.

hijirio

Veteran
I would personally consider Amar Pelos Dois and 1944 quite recent winners, and we are missing one winner from 2020 which perhaps wouldn't have fit your categorization

Bobjan FR

Oh wait, UA PBC confirmed they take kalush but kalush has to confirm too ? Oh so it's not sure.... In France an Eurovision website already put kalush orchestra as official performer for Ukraine

FilipFromSweden

Duncan's song has been streamed 1 000 000 000+ times so

@hijiro well 2017 was 5 years ago and both ESC and the music arena has changed since

Top Bottom