• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator

flag-800.png

Стефанія мамо мамо Стефанія
Розквітає поле, а вона сивіє
Заспівай мені мамо колискову
Хочу ще почути твоє рідне слово

Вона мене колисала дала мені ритм і напевне силу волі не забрати в мене, бо дала вона
Напевне знала може більше і від Соломона
Ламаними дорогами прийду я завжди до тебе
Вона не розбудить, не будить, мене в сильні бурі
Забере в бабулі дві дулі, ніби вони кулі
Дуже добре знала мене не була обманута, як була дуже втомлена, гойдала мене в такт
Люлі люлі люлі...

Я не в пеленах но ма но ма, хватить, як би я не виріс на виріст за речі платить
Я не мала дитина, вона далі нерви тратить, я гуляв, шляк би тебе трафив
Ти все молода о мамо на піку, якщо не ціню опіку на піку слави мені в тупику
Забивайте піку цю піку, я би попік спік, своєю любов'ю
Люлі люлі люлі...

Хочу ще почути твоє рідне слово​

Last edited by a moderator:

mauve

Veteran
Why is it unfair? She lied to them and gave faked documents? And she knew they were fake and then lied about not knowing that they were fake.
That was what I guessed right from the beginning (that's why I didn't participate in this thread since so many things were only speculation) - that she knew. Why did she withdraw so quickly? She was somehow involved in the whole thing. Very sad as her entry was my favorite (12 points), but now things seem fishy. :(

On this day when a Ukrainian kindergarten got bombshelled from the occupied territory, I find it absurd that we the foreigners are still discussing whether a person lying about her travelling to the occupied territory should represent the Ukrainian people. Who cares really, duh. 😒

aef

Wow I just read about Maruv 2.0 :oops::oops: I am very happy though that there now is a chance that Kalush will represent :ua:. This would be such a big dream coming true for me! If they get selected I really hope that the don't get too much hate and shade from the fanboys...

Mainshow

Veteran
This is still a Eurovision forum. Of course, we discuss content related to Eurovision: participation, rumors, entries, national finals, comments made by artists and broadcasters alike, voting procedures.

That´s the point of this forum.

Of course, it´s utterly sad and heartbreaking that some countries within the European Broadcasting Area have to deal with tragic events, wars, corruption, dictatorship, financial crises and more.

Saying we should only care about these things and stop talking about Eurovision-related topics is such a low move.
We all know what´s happening in the world. We condemn such actions. We hope for better times. We are not that delusional that Alina participating in Eurovision is more important than achieving/maintaining peace in Ukraine, Georgia, Belarus, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Russia, Israel, Moldova, Cyprus and beyond.

But still, this is a Eurovision forum. This is a thread dedicated to the Ukrainian participation/entry/national final.
Let foreigners discuss Alina/Ukraine in Eurovision as much as they want.

Sabiondo

Roxolana said that she also won't accept the offer to represent Ukraine at Eurovision 2022 in Torino, because she used the Vidbir 2022 just to promote her music + she got lucrative contracts with VOUGE Ukraine + others beauty compañies after the show.

So, it's Kalush Orchestra despite all or Ukraine 2022 - Not taking part.

This is still a Eurovision forum. Of course, we discuss content related to Eurovision: participation, rumors, entries, national finals, comments made by artists and broadcasters alike, voting procedures.

That´s the point of this forum.

Of course, it´s utterly sad and heartbreaking that some countries within the European Broadcasting Area have to deal with tragic events, wars, corruption, dictatorship, financial crises and more.

Saying we should only care about these things and stop talking about Eurovision-related topics is such a low move.
We all know what´s happening in the world. We condemn such actions. We hope for better times. We are not that delusional that Alina participating in Eurovision is more important than achieving/maintaining peace in Ukraine, Georgia, Belarus, Azerbaijan, Armenia, Russia, Israel, Moldova, Cyprus and beyond.

But still, this is a Eurovision forum. This is a thread dedicated to the Ukrainian participation/entry/national final.
Let foreigners discuss Alina/Ukraine in Eurovision as much as they want.

I said it before and repeating it again : It is not up to an ESC bubble blogger or an ESC fan to blast against Ukrainian broadcaster or people for deciding not to send somebody on the ESC for braking national laws.

And especially given this situation, it's becoming really tasteless to read these attacks. It's morally crippling honestly speaking.

It's not on you, me, or Germany, to decide who will represent Ukraine on the ESC, and our own musical tastes are not more important than basic principles of one nation or society.

Get over yourselves on how tasteless this discussion is.

Ukraine chose not to be respresented by this person. Whether you have been in love with the song is irrelevant. Period.

Mainshow

Veteran
I said it before and repeating it again : It is not up to an ESC bubble blogger or an ESC fan to blast against Ukrainian broadcaster or people for deciding not to send somebody on the ESC for braking national laws.

And especially given this situation, it's becoming really tasteless to read these attacks. It's morally crippling honestly speaking.

It's not on you, me, or Germany, to decide who will represent Ukraine on the ESC, and our own musical tastes are not more important than basic principles of one nation or society.

Get over yourselves on how tasteless this discussion is.

Ukraine chose not to be respresented by this person. Whether you have been in love with the song is irrelevant. Period.

???

The discussion has never really been "tasteless".

We fans just tried to understand what was going on and even though we can´t fully understand what Ukrainians have to go through, we can still feel empathy and try to comprehend the complex reasons why the broadcaster decided to not send Alisha to Eurovision.
In the end, most of us even understood why she can´t go - especially after Ukrainian fans told us about Alina´s interview (and even provided/posted the video) in which she officially said that she visited Crimea and indirectly admitted she broke the law.

It is not "tasteless" for foreigners to say that it´s a pity she can´t go because they liked the song? - I can only speak for myself, Alina has been my favourite entrant by miles - but after this discussion on this very forum, I can fully understand that her going to Eurovision wouldn´t be in most Ukrainians´interests after these forged documents and her interview.
Still, we can like her song?

In a forum which has been created and designed for people to discuss and share their opinions, no opinion is irrelevant.

AlekS

Veteran
I actually support Lyonya, imho we should have sent a folk band that was on stage with Alina Pash. She was ready to give them her song.
But yeah, it's impossible because of contracts.

crashworld

Veteran
Roxolana said that she also won't accept the offer to represent Ukraine at Eurovision 2022 in Torino, because she used the Vidbir 2022 just to promote her music + she got lucrative contracts with VOUGE Ukraine + others beauty compañies after the show.

Sigh. Did she really say that? I wonder if it's because being a Ukraine representative in ESC 2022 had been tainted to the point she doesn't want to be involved in this mess and the endless questions she will be faced by the journalists should she be offered. Plus maybe she doesn't want to give Kalush any chance to orchestrate an attack on her should they not been asked by the broadcaster.

A-lister

Veteran
No, not if she gets personal with contestants out of nowhere and tries to push contestants down or potentially put them in a bad light based on political beliefs. A professional judge focuses on all the musical aspects, not the others. It is crazy to me you don't think she did anything wrong, can you imagine if a juror in Melodifestivalen asked a contestant who they voted for or what they thought of Israel/Palestina before they were ranked? Give me a fucking break

I meant again her musical expertise, the rest is a tricky subject. Ukraine is in war and under invasion and occupation, just like with your comment about patriotism you show little understanding of the context here.

Israel/Palestine has nothing to do with Sweden, Crimea has all to do with Ukraine.

A-lister

Veteran
So you agree it was kind of fucked up in the first place to have 3 individuals decide Alina was going to go over the televote winner?
I don't think he agreed though, and why obsessing over this? The rules were clear to all participants and we see similar cases in other selections, and again you're trying to make some odd case that Alina had no public support and that the televote winner should always win regardless..

crashworld

Veteran

PBC will ask Kalush Orchestra officially.

Wow, so they did get what they wanted eventually. I mean, technically, they should have been the winner considering Alina's disqualification and she shouldn't have been eligible to take part in the contest as she can't produce the relevant legal documents to prove her legal Crimea travel.

Let's see if they will agree to take agreed to be the Ukraine representative.

A-lister

Veteran
I'm not even sure if they will agree. Given his disgusting sexist posts in social media in the past, and ... for heck's sake, the dude used to sell drugs when he was 12 :eek:
Not to mention he has said so much shit against PBC and urged his fans to spread #ShameOnPBC hashtag ... I just can't at this mess xrofl
I didn't know this about his background, but being sexist isn't really law breaking, sure it shows questionable character but that's another topic.

I am in no way condoning selling drugs either or anything, but seeing he was a child back then and knowing the hardships many Ukrainians are going through financially, I think it's not fair to hold this as an argument against him representing the country as an adult now that he seems to have turned his life around.

With that said, he still acted disgustingly and opportunistically this week, but in the end of the day it's the music that counts here and it's not a congeniality contest so if the entry is eligible for ESC, I still prefer it over no entry from Ukraine. As I said previously, the vast majority of ESC viewers won't know about internal drama or the backgrounds of the acts, they will simply judge the entry in May and that's it.

They better accept the offer now though, if not all this drama they created was for nothing.

Last edited:

Mainshow

Veteran
UA:pBC, the Ukrainian national broadcaster, has revealed that they will ask Kalush Orchestra to represent Ukraine at Eurovision 2022.

At an extraordinary meeting of the Organising Committee of the National Selection for Eurovision 2022, UA:pBC decided that they will offer Kalush Orchestra the chance to represent Ukraine at Eurovision 2022. Kalush Orchestra finished second in Vidbir last weekend with the song “Stefania”, receiving maximum points from the public vote. The band had previously accused UA:pBC of falsifying the results of the selection after the results were revealed.

A-lister

Veteran
Kalush confirmed
Source?

Well if true, Ukraine still has a strong entry in their cards.

However, I can see this being killed by the juries, it's like a combo of what they loath: ethno (check), rap (check), native language (check), original (check)... But yeah, the ESC juries suck so why cater to them... But Alina would be a safer bet (eventhough ironically her entry also checks on all that, but is probably still more jury friendly in other ways).

They would also need to work on the performance, the Vidbir one was slightly messy and all over the place (Wellboy was better).

I really hope for yet another 100proc Ukrainian entry though, so hopefully no translations, would sound so bad in this entry in general.

CaraMia

In spite of what happened (and if Alina really faked the documents, she should be legally punished for it), I won't be able to support Kalush, even if I like their song. One thing is to question the organisation of the show (and if you feel like there is something fishy going on, please, do so) but leading to the persecution of the person who won is a completely different thing. Their behaviour was ruthless and at this point I'm not sure they would accept not winning, even if the winner was a "legal winner". You're out of my ranking this year, Ukraine. Bye!

Top Bottom