Contact us

Ugaly

Fearnavigatr

Re: Ugaly - 80TH ANNIVERSARY!

We acknowledge the last eight, unpresented entries, but for now we shall stick to presenting the 86th Ugly entry:

Christopher Lee is a very famous and prolific English actor. With such roles as Count Dracula, James Bond-villain Scaramanga and Saruman the White Wizard under his belt, at 90 years of age he surely must be enjoying his retirement.

What's that? He's still acting and just started a career as a heavy metal singer? Oh my...

That's right. Straight from his 2010 concept album about Charlemagne, the first Holy Roman Emperor, we present you Lee and company in this melodic retelling of the 782 massacre of Saxon rebels in Verden, also known as The Bloody Verdict of Verden! Join Saruman as he sheds the blood of 4000 Saxon men, and enjoy the ride!

Lyrics:

Roffbeard

That guy's Uruk-Hai army killed my fourth cousin twice removed and his whole family, you insensitive prick!

tumblr_m6edrpVJtN1rtfrt4o1_400.jpg

That's my fourth cousin twice removed to the left.

Fearnavigatr

With our 89th entry being sent to NSC 92, we can proudly announce that Ugaly is now officially the one nation that has sent the most entries to the Nation Song Contest, ever! Footsweaty lurkers rejoice!

Oh and of course
elcelebrazionuj1.jpg

Roffbeard

I should be surprised this eventually happened, but I'm actually more surprised it didn't happen sooner. Lurkovision's despicable persistence and horrible taste should've scared off all the other participants ages ago!

Fearnavigatr

Re: Ugaly - 90 Editions!

The first milestone that Ugaly reached first, welcome to our 90th entry!

Kid Kasio is the current project of Nathan Cooper, formerly of The Modern (known from Ugaly's NSC 80 entry, incidentally our last appearance in a final). Similar to The Like's heavy 60s influences, Kid Kasio takes a chunk of the 80s that makes his material close to indistinguishable from the contemporary stuff. Let your nostalgia wander (and don't be afraid to let your Telephone Line do some work) as Ugaly celebrates this big number with a cheesy, happy throwback to the third-to-last decade!

¡90 EDIZIONES, EL CELEBRAZION!

Roffbeard

Re: Ugaly - 90 Editions!

Gotta hand it to you this time, at least this guy knows how to use proper telephone machines, not those fancy schmany aye-phone things you kids seem to need for life support these days!

I'm posting this with a 19th century telegraph, and you dare call yourself an old-timer after 90 editions?!

Fearnavigatr

Before showing you what's in store for the upcoming edition, we felt it necessary to go back and recall what just happened with our 91st entry.

Some of the most revered occupations in Ugaly belong to the railway industry. Trains are by far the most popular method of transportation in the nation. All respected celebrities in Ugaly "bor vid järnvägen", where the true luxury homes are built. Needless to say, while not a constant presence in entertainment and media, trains are definitely a major part of Ugly culture. Even the trash culture freaks at Lurkovision know this, and every now and then these railbound engines do get their moments in the entertainment spotlight. Country singer Alan Jackson took the stage in NSC 94 with this sing-along beauty, Freight Train (originally composed by Fred Eaglesmith), to show this, and the result was so far beyond our wildest expectations! With a glorious mid-table result in the final, coming straight after a morally crushing streak of 13 unsuccessful semifinals, we've finally finally finally been proven that unexpected miracles do happen, even if it takes over 90 tries!

Lyrics:

Roffbeard

Well this is sure to derail things even further now that those Lurkovision morons have been encouraged. Dumb luck or not, it's still just a boring old man with facial hair playing some depressing style with a pathetic tiny instrument!

Now excuse me while I grab my harmonica and play some Optimist Dinghy Blues, feels great after trimming my good old beard!

Fearnavigatr

Is this Ugaly's 92nd entry? It is!

British synthpop group Sohodolls are among the most highly regarded Ugly acts around, with a very successful career in the nation even outside of the contest. Within the contest, they've been seen no less than twice, both times under the Ugly colors, to very different degrees of success. In NSC 37, they finished 3rd in the final. In NSC 84, they finished second last in the semifinal. Either way, their reputation still stands tall enough to be granted another go... it's just too bad the group hasn't released any new material in over 5 years!

Enter Maya von Doll, the group's pretty, enigmatic singer, coming up to break this silence with some excellent material of her own! Out of her recent releases, the in-house jury has chosen to let her represent us with Is This Love. Backed up by DJ-duo Robs & Duke, this song of Maya's is sure to be both reminiscent of her group's classic material and a fresh new wind of her own niche.

Tinchey

Maya von Doll is amazing! Great choice! I had her planned with Open Chequebook. Good luck! :D

Roffbeard

Come on now, really? Last time you sent those emo hipsters you just barely avoided a last place, and that wasn't even a year ago! Now SHE's going to have another go?! Don't you know the teacher's said that she's been naughty, she must learn to concentrate, the girls pull her hair, with the boys she can't relate, her daddy says she's good for nothing, her mother says that its from him, her manic sister thinks she's cracking and her brother says it's in her genes?! Definitely setting a poor example for the younger viewers.

What? No, I haven't memorized any stupid lyrics, shut up!

Fearnavigatr

As Lurkovision sends off the final votes for Ugaly's 99th participation, we start gazing towards the upcoming celebrazion, the major celebrazion...

Are you ready to celebrate 100 editions of Ugliness in NSC 103 with us?!

Fearnavigatr

Re: Ugaly - 100TH ANNIVERSARY ENTRY

UGALY'S 100TH ENTRY

Indeed, Lurkovision and Ugaly are proud to be the first ever broadcaster and nation of NSC to reach the big triple-digit milestone! More than 6 years, lots of songs and countless emotions have led us to this point, and we thought there's absolutely no way we can celebrazionate it properly other than summarizing all of this in a song! The delegation of Ugaly, spearheaded as usual by Jochen Piribauer, or "Fearnavigatr", humbly presents this exclusive in-house production, written especially for NSC... the song about Ugaly! While time and resources didn't allow us the most advanced production, we hope you'll appreciate what we did manage to create and that you'll party alongside us during this centenary!

Pride, honor and footsweat, bless you all, citizens of Natia!

Lyrics:

Top Bottom