Contact us

Ugaly

renzo

Re: Ugaly - 100TH ANNIVERSARY ENTRY

That's absolutely amazing! Just heard it once and its already stuck in my head...fantastic melody, lyrics, voice and presentation!! (clap) (clap)

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member

I just checked the NSC database and I saw that you had sent Doomsday long time ago. OMG, you're awesome, sir xbow xbow

Fearnavigatr

Cheers, good sir, and thanks for excellently keeping up the Who representation this edition!

On a related note, I also sent the main theme (late Tom Baker/Peter Davison era version) to the second Movie spinoff.

Roffbeard

Geez, are you still doing this? I heard the Lurkofreaks have gone supercentenarian and sent their 110th entry now. Congratulations for wasting public license money on embarassing your nation for 11 decades I guess, hooray!
25281867_SA.jpg

Just to illustrate what a fine, healthy 110-year old looks like, IE nothing like Ugaly.

But what does Roffbeard think?
I dunno, I was out fishing for used boots when that 100th entry farce happened. I don't even need to look up the results, I just know for sure that amateur came last, fair and square.

Fearnavigatr

A mid-edition post about Ugaly's 114th entry!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cS9shSV3po
To make this song perhaps a bit more accessible (with only one day to go of the semis!), this at-the-moment-Lurkin'-Bird-less post is here to explain the lyrical theme and provide a translation of Vår stad, the song currently competing in Semi 1 for Ugaly. Stina och Arktis is an Umeå-based group, and the song itself criticizes the cultural politics of the Northern Swedish city, a European Capital of Culture during 2014. With all of the city's accessible venues being demolished and replaced by more fancy, expensive ones, a lot of the amateur and underground musicians, artists, theater workers and other acts are ironically finding Umeå a much more difficult place to stay relevant and alive. Just like another Ugly entry on the same theme, Stina och Arktis is one of many Umeå acts who are raising their voices against the de-evolution of local culture!

Lyrics:

Translated lyrics:

strajker

Did you know there was an ugli fruit?

Fearnavigatr

Re: Ugaly - 120 entries!

WE ARE 120 EDITIONS IN AND GOING STRONG!

For the celebratory entry, Lurkovision is finally giving the spotlight to the skyping presence of Jim Post! Ugaly is currently a nation in grief, following the sudden emigration of a beloved citizen that has meant a lot to the whole nation over the past few years. But with our heads still held high, we want to make sure to not forget the important message that Jim wants to share with the rest of Natia. I may be sad now, but I Love My Life no less! Happy 120th edition to Ugaly and to all the editions still to come, and thank you NSC for still being there for us!

Roffbeard

Re: Ugaly - 120 entries!

Ugaly is currently a nation in grief, following the sudden emigration of a beloved citizen that has meant a lot to the whole nation over the past few years.
This part is likely to get you worried, but have no fear me hearties, even though it's hard to imagine a citizen as beloved as ye olde Ragnar, he's actually not referring to me. I'm still around to share my glorious presence!

Fearnavigatr

The sixth part of Ugaly's history recap is now available, covering editions 104 through 123!

For the very first time in 1080p HD, complete with Windows XP Movie Maker effects painstakingly recreated manually in Premiere!

Fearnavigatr

And finally, part 7 of Ugaly's history recap is here, and for the first time in ages we are fully up to date with all 140 entries (for a very short while at least)!

Fearnavigatr

Re: Ugaly - 150 ENTRIES!

UGALY'S 150TH ANNIVERSARY ENTRY!

Released in 1990, the Yamaha PSR-38 portable keyboard was a decently priced and popular tool for young Ugly musicians who were learning the ropes, including the head of delegation himself. Even the national anthem was originally recorded on this instrument! One of the most nostalgic parts of the PSR-38 is the pre-programmed demonstration song, which has such a legendary status it has now been chosen to represent Ugaly in these anniversary times! Enjoy my childhood tune, and dance to the sound of midi rock!

Top Bottom