Contact us

UEFA Nations League 2018/19

Himan

Well, this was Ajax/PSV combination on steroids vs. Bayern, but even weaker. I mean Löw refused to start with Sané. It's just utterly stupid and I even jokingly said that it would become 3-0 for Holland before the start of the game. Of course I know that that probably wasn't going to happen.:mrgreen: I knew when I saw the base with all the German Bayern players this could be the return of Dutch football

We are starting to get better on the other hand. I hoped we even did better this game, cause there is still lots of room to get better playing wise, but this is of course good enough for now. We finally won against a big opponent, so I'm very glad everything fell on the right place. We have to hope Germany doesn't fire the manager and stay playing like they do and try to do a big stunt with a big crown in Rotterdam against France. We may even have a small chance to become first, who had thought that 6 months ago :)

Preuss

People are criticizing Müller after his performance yesterday lol, like he's the reason why this team is such a mess. He was involved in all 3 chances Germany had during the 1st half - yes I'll substract him for not taking them but at least he was able to be a bit dangerous yesterday - Note: 3.

Kroos continues his poor form from Real Madrid. Boateng and Hummels were poor yesterday... Hector too - and this is a player who's playing in 2nd Bundesliga this season and yet Löw refuses to call up Max... :?

So I'd start Sane, Werner and Brandt against France - there you have pace at least and young talent.

DutchSuomiFan

People are criticizing Müller after his performance yesterday lol, like he's the reason why this team is such a mess. He was involved in all 3 chances Germany had during the 1st half - yes I'll substract him for not taking them but at least he was able to be a bit dangerous yesterday - Note: 3.

Kroos continues his poor form from Real Madrid. Boateng and Hummels were poor yesterday... Hector too - and this is a player who's playing in 2nd Bundesliga this season and yet Löw refuses to call up Max... :?

So I'd start Sane, Werner and Brandt against France - there you have pace at least and young talent.

What worries me the most for the Germans (as far as I'm actually worried after beating them 3-0), is Mats Hummels criticizing the German media. Like, how on earth can you criticize the media after you've just lost 3-0 yourself? They didn't just lose, they got hammered by their rival. Can't say I'm disappointed though:D

Preuss

What worries me the most for the Germans (as far as I'm actually worried after beating them 3-0), is Mats Hummels criticizing the German media. Like, how on earth can you criticize the media after you've just lost 3-0 yourself? They didn't just lose, they got hammered by their rival. Can't say I'm disappointed though:D

Yes what would you expect though after a poor WC campaign and continuing that form into Nations League
lol

I like Hummels though, he just seems out of form for Bayern and country sadly. Next game: Süle

Gabe

Super Moderator
Staff member
So who's going to the Euros from leagues C and D? Early days but Georgia are looking good. From League C, Finland have been better than expected, they played really well against Hungary...

ShoeFlo

League C: Serbia should win this. However, I support Norway and Finland. Both still have chances

League D: Macedonia looks pretty good so far. However when Kosovo develop their full potential they should be the best team here.
I support the small states. Out of them only Luxembourg has still realistic chances.
Kosovo would be fine for me too, because they've got a Bremen player: Milot Rashica

Himan

From League C also some nations will qualify directly via Qualis, I mean Serbia, Romania countries like that have definitely potential to be at the best 2 in their groups. (I mean Albania did it 4 years ago...) So some other countries will probably flow in that play off's, thus we can't say anything about this. In League D Georgia and Macedonia are huge favorites now. But The play off's are now 1 matched so, countries like Luxembourg can qualify with a bit of luck.

njdevils94

Veteran
:ba: beat Northern Ireland tonight. Looks like their going up to League A.
[MENTION=11532]EscGeek[/MENTION] what is going on with Slovenia. Still no Oblak, Kampl, or Stojanovic? Ilicic only off the bench. Zajc was the only bright spot I thought at Norway. Oh yeah and Matavz is out for a long time after getting injured for Vitesse.

EscGeek

Veteran
:ba: beat Northern Ireland tonight. Looks like their going up to League A.

[MENTION=11532]EscGeek[/MENTION] what is going on with Slovenia. Still no Oblak, Kampl, or Stojanovic? Ilicic only off the bench. Zajc was the only bright spot I thought at Norway. Oh yeah and Matavz is out for a long time after getting injured for Vitesse.
We're going through our 3rd crisis in history

Iličič was very sick in the past months (swollen lymph nodes)
And Stojanovič reported muscle pain and Kampl got slightly injured vs Bulgaria, but i now i think he's out for the same reason as Oblak.

I think Oblak will return once we get a new coach. Kavčič is incompetent. His CV is not impressive at all and the only reason he's coaching is because he was the cheapest option. He spent most of his career in slovenian second league. He doesn't know how to boost up confidece, nor how to prepare them tactically.

Lack of confidence is something we're missing for a long time, even under previous coach, results were somewhat better only because of Oblak's individual quality. Him not playing is just a cry for help that we need a good strong leadership on a professional level

njdevils94

Veteran
We're going through our 3rd crisis in history

Iličič was very sick in the past months (swollen lymph nodes)
And Stojanovič reported muscle pain and Kampl got slightly injured vs Bulgaria, but i now i think he's out for the same reason as Oblak.

I think Oblak will return once we get a new coach. Kavčič is incompetent. His CV is not impressive at all and the only reason he's coaching is because he was the cheapest option. He spent most of his career in slovenian second league. He doesn't know how to boost up confidece, nor how to prepare them tactically.

Lack of confidence is something we're missing for a long time, even under previous coach, results were somewhat better only because of Oblak's individual quality. Him not playing is just a cry for help that we need a good strong leadership on a professional level

Well both Oblak played for Atletico and Kampl for Leipzig their last club match before this International break so something is clearly up.

EscGeek

Veteran
1ff308a157e1f58f3c86.jpeg

(actually slovakia played with czech republic and sweden recently) :lol:

(+ keep in mind that title is exaggerated)

anyway, Oblak now has no reason not to play..we'll see.. he should return next year, because playing in league D has its benefits! :lol::oops:

Himan

Well, holland is back right now dominating against the world champion winning 2-0. Germany relegated. Dutch football is beautiful after the WC

Top Bottom