Contact us

UEFA Champions League and Europa League

lucian-crusher

I hope CFR Cluj wins tonight over Basel! I didn't want to suport CFR this year but they have a Romanian coach now and least that makes them a Romanian team. CFR has only one Romanian player that's why I started to dislike them even more than I dislike Dinamo :lol:

Last edited:

Interrail

Good luck Partizan tonight ;)
I hope they win. If They lose, I hope they don't embarrass too much :D

Milos-BC

I watched Twente - Inter yesterday. First half was amazing, very open game with loads of chances. Inter played great, but Twente surprised me a lot. If they had just a bit more luck, they could've took all 3 points! Second half was less dynamic, as it seemed that both teams were satisfied with a tie.

I saw the goals from Barcelona - Panateinaikos match, and have to say they were all great. Messi is a "doctor of soccer" :lol: I am surprised that Manchester didn't manage to score against Rangers on the other hand.

Tonight, supporting Partizan, of course :D

No Name

FC København - Rubin Kazan 1-0

xjumpxjumpxjump

I'm still in euphoria from last night's match. xheartxcheer1
Seriously, if I was gay I would marry Dame N'Doy. :lol:

It's still a little surreal...even though we played much better against Rosenborg we managed to win eventually. It was incredibly important to get a good start. I had hoped for a draw, but victory...noooo way. :shock:
Also considering that it was obvious that Rubin Kazan only came to Copenhagen to get a draw. I've never in my life seen a team focusing so much on the defense so I'm happy that we managed to spoil it for them eventually. They were quite dangerous on their counter-attacks though but I had expected much more from them.

I was there yesterday night and it was incredible. This is a footage of one my friends from when the players stepped into the pitch:

I still get the chills from the Champions League-hymn. Experiencing it live was almost orgasmic. xbow

Now Panathinaikos awaits us next.

When we met Panathinaikos in Europe League a couple of years ago Panathinaikos won 1-0 and the goal was scored by Dame N'Doy. Now he's playing for us so I reeeeeally hope that Dame N'Doy will now take revenge for us and score against his old club. :twisted:

Milos-BC

^^ I am sure it is. I get the chills when I hear it on TV as well, and I can imagine the feeling when you hear it live :D

I saw that goal too, it was great

No Name

^^ I am sure it is. I get the chills when I hear it on TV as well, and I can imagine the feeling when you hear it live :D

I saw that goal too, it was great

Yeah, and it's an extra special feeling when it's your own team, so I'm sure you'll feel the same way about Partizan tonight. :D

I would've done a prediction for the matches last night but I arrived back home very late so I missed it. To make up for it here are my predictions for tonight's matches:

Bayern München - Roma 1
CFR Cluj - Basel 1

Marseille - Spartak Moscow X
Zilina - Chelsea 2

Real Madrid - Ajax 2 (After having watched their matches in La Liga this season I'm still not impressed by Real Madrid + recent years they haven't done well in Champions League)
AC Milan - Auxerre 1

Arsenal - Braga 1
Shakhtar Donetsk - Partizan Beograd X

Milos-BC

^^ Yes, I pray for at least a tie against Shaktar. Partizan is much stronger now, but Shaktar is a great team. This will be a very serious test for the Serbian champion. And can't wait for the match to begin :D

No Name

CFR Cluj to win tonight? Are you serious? If they lose by 1-0 they should say ,,Thank you!" :lol:

FC København met them in Europe league last season. We won the match and Cluj weren't that dangerous all in all but since we were on home ground I suppose that played a significant role. I'm sure they are much better on home ground in Romania. In addition I don't know much about Basel so a Cluj-victory would be my guess.

No Name

Halftime.Haha, except the match between Bayern München and Roma all of my predictions are correct so far. :lol:

aletem

Hold your horses, Real Madrid is doing quite well. :mrgreen: They lead 1-0 against Ajax and they do play better. Cluj on the other hand leads 2-0 at the half, and we can also see an impressive play by both Chelsea and Arsenal, each lead 3-0 against their opponents. :D I am watching MSK Zilina - Chelsea, and it is a quite an attractive game. Open on both sides, and chances on both sides. I think this might end 0-5 at the end and it will be no surprise what so ever.

lucian-crusher

CFR won! :-o :lol:. They just changed their coach two days ago. I really start to like them a bit, they had 5 Romanian players on the pitch today but I still can't see them as a Romanian team, for me they are just a liitle team with a serious manager. This team is to serious for our football....

Tomorow is the real match for us! Go Steaua! :D

No Name

Arsenal - Braga 6-0!? :eek:

I knew Arsenal has a great team, but I had not expected them to give Braga a lesson like that. Arsenal still has a very young team but it seems they are heading for something good this season. I thought there wouldn't be as much difference any of the teams of this in terms of class than what we saw last night between Barcelona and Panathinaikos. This result totally proved me wrong.

What's left to be said about this round? Bayern München and Cluj (NEVER have I seen such an empty stadium in a Champions League-match :shock:) won their matches in group E.
Spartak Moscow won at last, not what I had expected. Chelsea on the other hand just had another day at the office. I don't give Zilina much chances in this group. :lol:
As regards to group G I think it's already fairly easy to see who's going to advance from the group. Milan and Real Madrid did their job as everyone expected them to (I must admit that I hoped that Ajax would surprise :()
It's always difficult to play away-games in Ukraine so I'm sure Partizan is going to get their fair share of points in Belgrade. Everything is still very open in this group. Only Arsenal is the obvious qualifier

lucian-crusher

What's left to be said about this round? Bayern München and Cluj (NEVER have I seen such an empty stadium in a Champions League-match :shock:) won their matches in group E.

CFR Cluj doesen't have any Romanian fans. Everybody hates them in Cluj, for the people there CFR Cluj it's just the team from the train station, they don't have the great history of their rivals ,,U" Cluj + their President is Hungarian and it's to serious for our football. While other presidents curse and make scandals and audience on TV their manager is just to serious. I hate them :twisted:

aletem

MSK Zilina is pretty much out. I think they will do like Kosice in 97-98, 0 points with 2-13 goal difference. And they lost to Birkirkara in the first round, so I don't think they are a match for Chelsea.

ParadiseES

Group E
:de: Bayern Munchen 2-0 Roma :it:
:ro: CFR Cluj 2-1 Basel :ch:

Group F
:fr: Olympique Marseille 0-1 Spartak Moscow :ru:
:sk: Zilina 1-4 Chelsea :en:

Group G
:es: Real Madrid 2-0 Ajax :nl:
:it: Milan 2-0 Auxerre :fr:

Group H
:en: Arsenal 6-0 Sp. Braga :pt:
:ua: Shaktar Donetsk 1-0 Partizan :rs:

So no surprise again. Only Spartak's victory in Marseille, which was unexpected to me and also Arsenal's victory over Braga. Of course I expected they would defeat Braga, but not like that as Sporting is a pretty good team as we saw before!
And I'm so happy with Real Madrid. It was such a wonderful play, they are improving a lot with Mourinho and especially Ozil is playing very, very good. They could've scored much more, but it seems Cristiano and Higuaín didn't have their night to score. I also have to say that Ajax was VERY, VERY weak. I don't think they have a chance to qualify if they keep playing like that...

Last edited:

ParadiseES

Europa League, today:

19:00 CET
:it: Juventus - Lech Poznan :pl:
:at: FC Salzburg - Manchester City :en:
:gr: Aris Thessalonikki - Atlético de Madrid :es:
:de: B. Leverkusen - Rosenborg :no:
:fr: Lille - Sp. Lisbon :pt:
:bg: Levski Sofia - Gent :be:
:hr: Dinamo Zagreb - Villarreal :es:
:be: Brugge - PAOK :gr: